Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is to Blame?
(11-04-2017, 05:51 PM)BMK Wrote: I can only contribute this...

Mike Brown devised, spearheaded and was the driving force of the trade with Cleveland. Marvin was totally against it. Had the deal gone through, Bengals would have had a 1, two 2's and two 3's in the 2018 draft. It would have been a trade that could have paid large dividends for years to come.

It was an extremely smart plan by MB

Lewis was against it.

Take that for what it's worth.

Pst.  MB is the CEO,, General Manager and Owner.  He has the authority to do whatever the heck he wants to and doesn't have to answer to Marvin, Dick Tobin, or anyone else in that organization.

If you're point is that MB is weak and let Marvin make THIS call .... then who's responsible for that blunder?   
Reply/Quote
1. Mike Brown- The only constant in this winless playoff drought
2. PA- Had to tell MB and Marvin the line was fine
3. Marvin- No need to say anymore
4. Dalton- Has to have a stacked offense to be effective, and he still cant be consistent. Much like reason #3
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2017, 11:47 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Pst.  MB is the CEO,, General Manager and Owner.  He has the authority to do whatever the heck he wants to and doesn't have to answer to Marvin, Dick Tobin, or anyone else in that organization.

If you're point is that MB is weak and let Marvin make THIS call .... then who's responsible for that blunder?   
What?? To the contrary, I was pointing out how little weight Marvin actually pulls in personnel matters. Then again, as Piston pointed out, this whole ordeal hints that MB considers Lewis a lame duck, as he probably wasn't even notified. I haven't seen any recounts of the trade fiasco that had MB in discussion with ML beforehand.  There may be, i just haven't seen any.
Reply/Quote
M&M--1A and 1B.

They keep making it harder and harder to care.

I can't remember not being a Bengals fan. But I am really close to completely giving it all up, a thing I never thought could ever happen.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote