Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is your Riser and Faller?
Its 10 days until the draft so I'd like to see who everyone thinks is going to rise way above or fall way below the draft projections.

My Riser is Marlon Davidson Auburn DT/DE. I think he will go top 15. Everyone talks about his teammate Derrick Brown and at the Senior Bowl it was Javon Kinlaw but Davidson was the best Defensive Tackle in mobile. He showed a diverse set of pass rush moves that Kinlaw didn't...This draft is light on pass rushers and a guy that can play 3 or 4 tech that can rush thr passer I believe will climb on draft day.

My faller is Tee Higgin Clemson WR. Higgins is projected as an X receiver in the NFL an X has to be able to beat press coverage. Higgins in the two biggest games of the year against top physical press corners (Okudah, Arnette, Fulton, Stingley) looked bad. He followed that up with very bad testing at his pro day. I can see Higgins falling to the 3rd round because of the WR draft class.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2020, 02:25 PM)Synric Wrote: Its 10 days until the draft so I'd like to see who everyone thinks is going to rise way above or fall way below the draft projections.

My Riser is Marlon Davidson Auburn DT/DE. I think he will go top 15. Everyone talks about his teammate Derrick Brown and at the Senior Bowl it was Javon Kinlaw but Davidson was the best Defensive Tackle in mobile. He showed a diverse set of pass rush moves that Kinlaw didn't...This draft is light on pass rushers and a guy that can play 3 or 4 tech that can rush thr passer I believe will climb on draft day.

My faller is Tee Higgin Clemson WR. Higgins is projected as an X receiver in the NFL an X has to be able to beat press coverage. Higgins in the two biggest games of the year against top physical press corners (Okudah, Arnette, Fulton, Stingley) looked bad. He followed that up with very bad testing at his pro day. I can see Higgins falling to the 3rd round because of the WR draft class.

I think the draft will be very unpredictable past Burrow and Young.

All of the teams will be working off of incomplete information.  They are also not going to be able to run individual workouts or have their doctors personally check out injuries before the draft.  The draft experts also aren't going to be able to rub elbows with scouts to help set their big boards.  The info they do get is getting fed to them by agents primarily and what little they may get from teams is likely misdirection.  On top of that, OTA's will be limited or completely wiped out, so teams are going to be prioritizing guys that can come in and contribute quickly over project players.

I see guys with injury flags falling, like Dye, ADG, and Shenault.  Small school guys are also going to drop more than usual because they're learning curves are much steeper and they have less time to adjust, so I can see guys like Chinn and Dugger dropping.  Teams are probably going to prioritize multi-year starters from big boy conferences that they can vet on film against other top competition, particularly guys with high football IQ's.  Evan Weaver is a guy I can see going a lot higher than projected. You'll likely see some big reaches based on need simply because teams can't have as much confidence in later prospects. You'll also likely see teams with big holes trying to move up and secure their guy.
Reply/Quote
A couple guys that go higher than the media feels like they will:

1. Zach Baun. If this guy can play off the ball and rush the passer, then there's no way he is sitting there at #33.
2. Jeremy Chinn.
Reply/Quote
Riser, Antonio golden gandy

Faller, Lucas Niang due to incomplete medical re checks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
My riser is Jalen Hurts.. I could see him get picked first QB in 2nd round. maybe picked in late first round...

My faller is Jalen Reagor TCU WR: It is a deep class and he did not have a great combine.. was a projected late 1st round towards end of year.. I could see him slipping into 3rd round...
Reply/Quote
My faller is Tua. I’ll say my riser after the board mock
Reply/Quote
Two Risers
Duggar & Chin- They can play multiple positions with there size & athletic Ability.
Two fallers
Both Murray and Queen will be available when we pick at 33( if we keep the pick). LB isn't a valued position plus it seems to be a deep class.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2020, 03:48 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: A couple guys that go higher than the media feels like they will:

1.  Zach Baun.  If this guy can play off the ball and rush the passer, then there's no way he is sitting there at #33.
2.  Jeremy Chinn.

Before the Bengals up and signed Vonn Bell to a multi year deal, I had been trying to "will" Chin to the Bengals at #65.  But now that they took care of the Safety position in free agency, I've gotten really big on the idea of Zack Baun to the Bengals at #33.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Faller will be Jordan Love to pick #33 (I Hope).

So then the Bengals can trade back a few picks and get another good pick or 2 for someone dying to draft him.

Riser I think will be Chase Claypool.
I think his tape was re-evaluated after the great combine he had and speed in the 40 yd dash; and, he'll be taken near the 1st Round b/c of his size and speed.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2020, 03:48 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: A couple guys that go higher than the media feels like they will:

1.  Zach Baun.  If this guy can play off the ball and rush the passer, then there's no way he is sitting there at #33.
2.  Jeremy Chinn.

These were the two I was going to mention as my risers. One of the NFLN analysts mentioned that Chinn could be the first safety taken in the draft. I honestly think Seattle could be the team to pull the trigger for him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2020, 09:19 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: Faller will be Jordan Love to pick #33 (I Hope).

So then the Bengals can trade back a few picks and get another good pick or 2 for someone dying to draft him.

Riser I think will be Chase Claypool.
I think his tape was re-evaluated after the great combine he had and speed in the 40 yd dash; and, he'll be taken near the 1st Round b/c of his size and speed.

Nailed what I see happening Jersey.

Love will fall Claypool is good man, hope he falls out of the first, Love is there at 33 and we can trade back and grab 
Chase Claypool or even Chinn who I think could play LB no problem with his size. Chinn is just as big as ADG pretty 
much and he is my other riser besides Claypool.
Reply/Quote
OK I'll play:

Riser:

1) Denzel Mims-(WR) I just think that he will go 22-25 someone will fall in love with the size/speed combo

Faller:

1) Jordan Love-(QB) I feel he didn't light up his league and is he a future starter? he will fall to the 2nd round. which will be huge for us if someone wants to move up and give us a 3rd/4th rounder for our slot!!
Reply/Quote
Faller:
Niang
A. Jackson
Kindley
Murray
Delpit

Riser
L. Wilson
D. Taylor
Ruiz
I. Wilson
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2020, 05:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Before the Bengals up and signed Vonn Bell to a multi year deal, I had been trying to "will" Chin to the Bengals at #65.  But now that they took care of the Safety position in free agency, I've gotten really big on the idea of Zack Baun to the Bengals at #33.

No chance (in my mind) that he's there at 33.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 01:25 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: No chance (in my mind) that he's there at 33.

Maybe, I'm starting to see mocks predicting the traditional rush on QB, OT, CB and DTs in the 1st round.  In one 3 round mock released today, they had the Bengals taking Gladney at 33, with Baun going 37, and the Bengals taking Harrison at 65.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 01:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Maybe, I'm starting to see mocks predicting the traditional rush on QB, OT, CB and DTs in the 1st round.  In one 3 round mock released today, they had the Bengals taking Gladney at 33, with Baun going 37, and the Bengals taking Harrison at 65.

I generally don't put much stock into what the media puts out in mocks.  There's enough people that think highly of Buan and his ability to play LB and rush the passer.  I wouldnt' be shocked if he's off the board before Murray or Queen.
Reply/Quote
My riser is Claypool. I could honestly see him going to the Vikings, Pats or Saints in round one. He’s got elite traits. Good route runner, but will get better. Great blocker. Fast, athletic. Durable. Can catch. He just needs a better QB and some coaching. He’s new to the position too, but he just keeps getting better. I could see a team plugging him into their system and having him flourish year one.
Reply/Quote
I just read an article saying this draft will be totally unpredictable as no player has been vetted in detail like has been done in the past.

Is it true? Makes sense and you can see top 20 guys projected fal to 33, not just 1, but many.

That type of thing could happen the entire draft. Drafts are always a crap shoot, in 2020 may be biggest crap shoot draft in a very long time.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 10:53 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I just read an article saying this draft will be totally unpredictable as no player has been vetted in detail like has been done in the past.

Is it true? Makes sense and you can see top 20 guys projected fal to 33, not just 1, but many.

That type of thing could happen the entire draft. Drafts are always a crap shoot, in 2020 may be biggest crap shoot draft in a very long time.

I view this as possibly a good thing. You might see players that are just good football players that go higher then workout warriors and track stars. Maybe not as many busts?
Reply/Quote
Riser: Willie Gay. I know there was the academic cheating scandal he was part of that involved 10 players, and the fight with a teammate, but this guy can run and he's an absolute thumper in the run game.
Reply/Quote