Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is your Surprise Trade Candidate? (2022)
Brandon Allen Ninja

Ok, Trey Hendrickson, he makes $15 million a year but think he would bring a high draft pick and Ossai could step right in.

Bosa made $27 million for 15 sacks so Trey contract is not that bad of a cap hit.

But this is just fantasy because I think no main player should be traded this particular season unless Bates threatens to not play at all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Money Mac
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 09:38 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Money Mac

Noooooooooooooo

lol

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
IF we could trade Bates for a high pick and sign a quality safety...I'd consider that.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 02:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As we are now "contenders" I cannot reasonably see any person we'd trade away. I do think it's possible we trade a pick for a player.

For instance ATL are rebuilding and in Cap Hell. I'd see how eager that are to offload Grady Jarrett's or Deion Jones' contract.

This.  I think of it as more of a chemistry thing.  Guys like Bell, Pratt, Bates, Hubbard, etc, aren't just good players, but they are the right kinds of guys to lead the team.  We have seen the impact of this and don't want to risk it to save a few dollars.  

I should have included Hilton.  Absolutely love the way this guy recruits and wanted to be a part of this.  

Only person I would consider trading and only IF there was a huge bounty is Mixon because of the shelf life of RBs.  
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 09:38 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Money Mac

good kicker could be worth alot...

but id rather keep him lol
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 07:15 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Pratt was superb in the Super Bowl (he & L. Wilson were our highest rated guys). Good in the POs. No way we trade him. 

I know its not a surprise but Bates is eventually gone...the question is how does he leave? By trade or another Franchise Tag situation? 
Would a team give up a 1st and 3rd for him?
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 11:12 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF we could trade Bates for a high pick and sign a quality safety...I'd consider that.

Trade Bates, sign honeybadger....
Reply/Quote
I would consider trading Bates. I want him here but if he doesn't want to be will we get another sub par Bates until he's ready to play? If we could get a first rounder I would highly consider it. Draft another safety, save money for burrow and Chase etc and still get your regular first round selection. Extend Bell cheaper
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 11:12 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF we could trade Bates for a high pick and sign a quality safety...I'd consider that.

Yeah i hope we are looking at other options

Bates is a likely trade candidate if negotiations didn't go well and they see that as being a problem again next offseason.
(plus who have we brought back after they played on a Tag?)
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 01:35 PM)Sanforbd Wrote: Burrow, sell high lol

Trade him on a rotational, conditional basis.. Whoever he's traded to MUST get the 1st overall pick the following season and must agree to trade him for the next seasons 1st overall and we keep getting the 1st's in perpetuity every season until Joe retires for a minimum of 10 years..  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
For us i would say Tyler Boyd as a trade candidate.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
We should repeat the masterful move we made last year. Trade the early round bust from 3 years prior for a player many of us have never heard of... Hopefully that guy pays off like BJ Hill... Drew Sample is my guy.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote