32 43.84%
Other
0%
0 0%
Total 73 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Who is your biggest surprise player? (re-do)
We have quite a few players who are exceeding consensus expectations. Who surprised you the most?

1. Joe Mixon - 4th in rushing, 0 fumbles, 0 games missed

2. Jonah Williams - 72.8 PFF grade, 0 games missed

3. Quinton Spain - 75.1 PFF grade, rebounded quite nicely under Pollack

4. Ja'Marr Chase - On pace for 1567 yards and 14 TDs. 20.5 yards/catch ranks 2nd

5. Trey Hendrickson - 15.5 sack pace while Lawson is on IR again

6. DJ Reader - excellent 85.1 PFF grade

7. BJ Hill - 79.2 PFF grade and we got him for a used napkin

8. Logan Wilson - on pace for 150 tackles, 3 sacks and 11 picks

9. Chidobe Awuzie - 77.8 PFF grade, rock solid fit in our system

10. Shout out your dude.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Shake posting like a rookie. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
One vote for Logan.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 03:44 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Shake posting like a rookie. Mellow

I really am. Mellow

I haven't done a poll in a long time, so cut me some slack. LOL

Apologies to everyone who posted in the deleted threads.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
How DARE you delete my post! Ninja

As I mentioned, Logan is my pick, as I never expected his ascension to happen midway through year 2, especially coming out of the football powerhouse that is Wyoming.

So yes, Logan!
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Kinda torn.

I'll be honest, I didn't think jonah would stay healthy this long. Dude is a solid tackle, but I was afraid he'd be out with injury by now. So that's been a pleasant surprise.

The other one is chase. I thought he would be good, but I didn't expect him to play this well this fast.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 03:49 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I really am. Mellow

I haven't done a poll in a long time, so cut me some slack. LOL

Apologies to everyone who posted in the deleted threads.

Well, not everyone is cut out to be a Hall of Fame poster. Mellow

I picked Trey Henderson again, but I ain't repeating why. :p
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 03:52 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Well, not everyone is cut out to be a Hall of Fame poster. Mellow

I picked Trey Henderson again, but I ain't repeating why. :p

[Image: 71cd84afd8e5dc365a72d58c77f3e3a9.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
I vote Wilson as well. Most of the others on the list were, more or less, proven commodities. Logan has stepped up in a huge way in year two.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 03:57 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: [Image: 71cd84afd8e5dc365a72d58c77f3e3a9.jpeg]

[Image: j-jonah-jameson-laughing-gif-10.gif]
Reply/Quote
I went with Awuzie but it was a toss up between him and Wilson. I thought Awuzie would be decent but he's playing like a #1 shutdown corner so far.
Reply/Quote
I went with Spain. Especially since that signing got a lot of shit (I think we actually had a poll about it). He wasn’t a top FA, or a 2nd/3rd round pick like some of these other guys.

I thought he’d be serviceable, but he’s playing like one of the better OG’s in the league right now.

Reply/Quote
The only one on this list that I would truly call a surprise is BJ Hill, so I voted there. The closest second would be Spain. The rest are either on course with general career trends or are young players who already flashed something last year or earlier. I had no clue who Hill was when they made that trade, so I cannot claim I expected anything whatsoever.
Reply/Quote
Well, I could call Chase a legitimate surprise too. I expected him to be good and thought he was the best receiver in the draft.

I didn't expect Randy Moss.
Reply/Quote
I went with Logan Wilson. Tbh, I thought he was just another 3rd round LB who wouldn't do much for us. We've had a lot of those. So for this guy to morph into a star definitely came out of left field for me.

I definitely was tempted to vote Chase though. I pegged him for around 1k yards and a handful of big plays as a rookie. Then I adjusted those expectations after an abysmal preseason and just figured he'd need time to grow after missing last season.

For him to come out playing like prime Randy Moss is likely a surprise to everyone. That said, I gave Wilson the nod because I had no expectations for him, while I did have some expectation of Chase, even as a rook.

Hendrickson, Hill, Awuzie, Reader and even Spain are guys I've defended and had some belief in. Spain was a solid player in Buffalo, he was just terrible under Turner.

Mixon and Jonah are good players who just need to stay healthy.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 04:05 PM)TheFan Wrote: I went with Awuzie but it was a toss up between him and Wilson. I thought Awuzie would be decent but he's playing like a #1 shutdown corner so far.

+1 for Awuzie.

I was thinking 'who?' when we acquired him ...honestly, thought he was just going to be another roster fodder acquisition.

Just think how much in the sh*t we would be if he had not been balling in the wake of another lost Waynes season.

Think even 'Moose' Johnston on the commentary yesterday said when he saw him in Dallas he did not think he had 'elite' in him
Reply/Quote
Hendrickson I am shocked by his play. Everything screamed one hit wonder and yet dude is performing at a high level.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Spain. UDFA journeyman who was cut from his previous team. Dude's playing at a Pro Bowl level
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Got to vote Logan. He has been the answer to a long running gap of desperation.

When was the last time the Bengals had a play making LB that didn't get suspended and fined weekly?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I'm going with Logan Wilson. Wilson is head and shoulders above where I thought he'd be.

I considered Chase as he's better than I thought he would be. The problem is the surprise word in the question and I'm not all that surprised that he's this good. He was the correct pick.

Trey Hendrickson is another worthy consideration, Wilson just did better.

I also considered BJ Hill as we got him cheap and I seriously wasn't expecting half of what we got.

Williams is just now playing to almost up to his draft position after 3 years, so I didn't consider him. Still a long ways to go in the season.

Reply/Quote