32 43.84%
Other
0%
0 0%
Total 73 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Who is your biggest surprise player? (re-do)
Quinton Spain and Jonah Williams have been outstanding to start this year. Jonah had his downs last year but seeing him take that step forward in his second year playing isnt a huge surprise... Quinton Spain is making veteran minimum and wanted to be in Cincinnati. He is having the best year of his career.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I picked Ja'Maar in the first 1, but then I thought about it. I EXPECTED greatness from him. Wilson has come out of no where and might be a top 5 LB right now. He saved the Jags game for us, He willed us back into the Bears game, and best of all He destroyed big Jen.. This kid is special...
Reply/Quote
Something to chew on with Wilson. Out of all of the draft picks from the 2020 NFL draft, Wilson is second in career interceptions with 6, behind only Trevon Diggs with 10. Several are tied with the next closest at 3. That's insane to me.
Reply/Quote
I went with Logan. His play is simply night and day different from last year almost like the difference between being a high school senior and college senior

Though in hindsight, the person who has surprised me the most has been Lou Anarumo. To get a defensive room of virtual strangers to look like they've been together for years and at an elite level has totally shocked me. I did not think he was capable of turning things around so dramatically

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 05:03 PM)pally Wrote: I went with Logan.  His play is simply night and day different from last year almost like the difference between being a high school senior and college senior

Though in hindsight, the person who has surprised me the most has been Lou Anarumo.  To get a defensive room of virtual strangers to look like they've been together for years and at an elite level has totally shocked me.  I did not think he was capable of turning things around so dramatically

Great call.

I have been more than happy to jump on the 'Zac hired crap staff/friends' bandwagon for the last 2 years..

...and with the likes of Turner and Callahan there's still more right than wrong in that assessment.

But this season Lou's fingerprints are all over this 'D'.  Yeah , we spent money on Free agents for once but he still had to get the players and get them playing as a unit. 
Reply/Quote
Chidobe Awuzie won a tie-breaker for me versus Wilson. I golf clapped when we got him and now give him a standing ovation when he plays.
Reply/Quote
Had to go Wilson. Never dreamed he'd be playing at this level.
Reply/Quote
Hill.

I didn't think the Giants would be interested in casting off anyone with some talent.
Reply/Quote
Awuzie... BJ Hill in second place. Outside of that, everyone is who we thought they were... Or should have anyway.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Quinton Spain. UDFA journeyman who was cut by his last team.

Everybody's dream this off season was Joe Thuney. He signed a 5 year $80 Mil contract. We got Spain for $1.2 Mil.

Current PFF rating:
Thuney: 72.2
Spain: 75.1
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Awuzie, I thought he would be about as good as WJ3 was the last couple years but he is playing All Pro.

Wilson also has surprised me by HOW good he has been, thought he would be good but not this good.

Best Linebacker I have watched this season besides Roquan Smith of da Bears.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 09:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Quinton Spain. UDFA journeyman who was cut by his last team.

Everybody's dream this off season was Joe Thuney. He signed a 5 year $80 Mil contract. We got Spain for $1.2 Mil.

Current PFF rating:
Thuney: 72.2
Spain: 75.1

I'm not knocking your pick, but Spain did show potential in the past, posting a stellar 84.2 grade in 2016 and a decent 66.9 grade in 2017. He didn't really fall apart til 2019-20.

So I saw potential there, especially with Pollack. I still respect the pick though, because he wasn't good the last couple years and there wasn't much demand for his services. Another great pickup by the Bengals.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 11:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm not knocking your pick, but Spain did show potential in the past,  posting a stellar 84.2 grade in 2016 and a decent 66.9 grade in 2017. He didn't really fall apart til 2019-20.

So I saw potential there, especially with Pollack. I still respect the pick though, because he wasn't good the last couple years and there wasn't much demand for his services. Another great pickup by the Bengals.

Some people were acting like Spain was a scrub though cause of how much he was paid.

Which makes Bfine's pick even more valid.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 11:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Some people were acting like Spain was a scrub though cause of how much he was paid.

Any pick is valid, really, because this is all about your own opinion.

I was just throwing my 2 cents in about Spain. I don't think some realize that he had some good years in Buffalo.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 11:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Any pick is valid, really, because this is all about your own opinion.

I was just throwing my 2 cents in about Spain. I don't think some realize that he had some good years in Buffalo.

Yeah, he had one year where he was one of the best pass protecting Guards in the league for them.

He just fell off after that big time. 

One thing I have to say about Spain is he made a big claim in the Offseason and is backing it up so far.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 11:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Some people were acting like Spain was a scrub though cause of how much he was paid.

If they both played at their current rate. For $80 Mil the Chiefs would have Thuney for 5 years and we'd have Spain for 67 years.

Let

That 

Sink

In
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 11:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Any pick is valid, really, because this is all about your own opinion.

Quinton Spain played 1 full year in Buffalo in their man gap offense and struggled. He played solid in Tennessee in their zone scheme prior to that.

He had one year at close to the level hes playing now and that was very early in his career.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 12:02 AM)bfine32 Wrote: If they both played at their current rate. For $80 Mil the Chiefs would have Thuney for 5 years and we'd have Spain for 67 years.

Let

That 

Sink

In

Think we might need to pay Quinton some more dough after this year if he keeps this up...

(10-19-2021, 12:03 AM)Synric Wrote: Quinton Spain played 1 full year in Buffalo in their man gap offense and struggled. He played solid in Tennessee in their zone scheme prior to that.

He had one year at close to the level hes playing now and that was very early in his career.

Thanks Synric. It was Tennessee where he played well in a zone, forgot. No wonder he has been playing well here with Pollack.

Seen some good run blocks from him too which was not what I was high on with his game. Been nice to see.

Carman and Reiff had a very good run blocking sequence on one play against the Lions that sprung Mixon.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 12:03 AM)Synric Wrote: Quinton Spain played 1 full year in Buffalo in their man gap offense and struggled. He played solid in Tennessee in their zone scheme prior to that.

I'm just saying I saw potential there, due to him playing well in the past, and it's not like he's old. Not attacking anyone's opinion. Not looking for an argument. I was just throwing that out there, and I even said I still get the pick, because he struggled the last couple years.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 12:10 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm just saying I saw potential there, due to him playing well in the past, and it's not like he's old. Not attacking anyone's opinion. Not looking for an argument. I was just throwing that out there, and I even said I still get the pick, because he struggled the last couple years.

If you use those standards you have to say the same about Chidobe Awuzie who was good his first 2 seasons before having a injury riddled poor 2020 and Trey Hendrickson who was one of the sack leaders in 2020.

Reply/Quote