Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is your dream college coach to be our head coach next year?
I know some will say Urban, but I'd kind of like to see him stick around with OSU a little longer. Obviously there are the top ten team coaches who all have strengths, but outside of the top 10 I'm thinking we could lure Gary Patterson away from TCU to come coach Andy Dalton again. Another non-top 10 choice would be Scott Frost who has UCF ranked from out of nowhere (though rumor is that Nebraska is close to a deal to make him their head coach).

Who would you guys want? Or would you stay away from college coaches -- it doesn't always work out (Nick Saban) or at least sometimes it takes a couple of tries to work out (Pete Carroll). One of the benefits of a college coach is they can draw young talent to your team/it lends insight into who to draft in the first couple of years at least.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If you get a college coach, I'm taking Lane Kiffin because shooters shoot.
Get him Baker Mayfield and just have fun.
Reply/Quote
As much as I HATE Jim Harbaugh, id like to see what he can get out of this team. I think we have a lot of talent and a coach who can get the most out of his players year one could get us back into contention fast. Look at what happens his first 1-2 years with new teams, they show drastic improvement....the way I see it we have 2 more good years with our core before it starts to fall apart. That’s the same timeframe where Harbaugh’s teams start sucking. Bring him in for two years and see if he can bring some of his famous short lived magic. Then get a new coach who isn’t an unbearable asshat to rebuild our roster after it ages and Harbaugh inevitably goes off the rails.

Isn’t really my favorite because I can’t stand him, but he’s the one who would give me hope of a quick turnaround. And as I said before would clearly be a short term hire
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2017, 02:06 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: As much as I HATE Jim Harbaugh, id like to see what he can get out of this team. I think we have a lot of talent and a coach who can get the most out of his players year one could get us back into contention fast. Look at what happens his first 1-2 years with new teams, they show drastic improvement....the way I see it we have 2 more good years with our core before it starts to fall apart. That’s the same timeframe where Harbaugh’s teams start sucking. Bring him in for two years and see if he can bring some of his famous short lived magic. Then get a new coach who isn’t an unbearable asshat to rebuild our roster after it ages and Harbaugh inevitably goes off the rails.

Isn’t really my favorite because I can’t stand him, but he’s the one who would give me hope of a quick turnaround. And as I said before would clearly be a short term hire

Gotta be Harbaugh. Proven winner at every stop, and was one power delay from winning a Super Bowl. The 49er ownership are morons and foolishly chose the dumpster fire known as Trent Baalke over Harbs.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
I'd only take a college coach if they have NFL experience, as a coach or player. My top choice is Jim Leonhard the DC of Wisconsin.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2017, 02:06 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: As much as I HATE Jim Harbaugh, id like to see what he can get out of this team. I think we have a lot of talent and a coach who can get the most out of his players year one could get us back into contention fast. Look at what happens his first 1-2 years with new teams, they show drastic improvement....the way I see it we have 2 more good years with our core before it starts to fall apart. That’s the same timeframe where Harbaugh’s teams start sucking. Bring him in for two years and see if he can bring some of his famous short lived magic. Then get a new coach who isn’t an unbearable asshat to rebuild our roster after it ages and Harbaugh inevitably goes off the rails.

Before it starts to fall apart?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2017, 02:19 PM)jason Wrote: Before it starts to fall apart?

Before our core falls apart (leaves/become unproductive due to age). Z, MJ, Sanu, etc were all good players but I never considered them part of the core. Whit is the one core player we’ve lost recently. Wouldn’t say it’s fallen apart just yet
Reply/Quote
In an ideal world:

Chris Petersen.

Sam Darnold in the draft.

OL addressed through the rest of the draft and free agency.
Reply/Quote
What about The Mullet?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
David Shaw
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2017, 02:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: David Shaw

Is he still at Stanford?  I like his work on draft days.  I could get on board with this one.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2017, 03:07 PM)McC Wrote: Is he still at Stanford?  I like his work on draft days.  I could get on board with this one.

Still there and I honestly cannot believe he's not been given a shot in the NFL. He's a talented coach and football is in his blood. Dad is Willie Shaw
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Nick Saban. Go big or go home.
Reply/Quote
Richt.
Reply/Quote
Mark Dantonio Michigan State!
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2017, 03:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Still there and I honestly cannot believe he's not been given a shot in the NFL. He's a talented coach and football is in his blood. Dad is Willie Shaw

He really is good on the draft show.  Incredible knowledge of college players.  What an asset that would be.

Big hearted but not soft.  I would like such a hire a lot.

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2017, 02:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: David Shaw

(11-18-2017, 04:01 PM)firstand10 Wrote: Mark Dantonio Michigan State!

These would be the two I’d like long term. Think both would be great coaches in the NFL
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2017, 04:01 PM)firstand10 Wrote: Mark Dantonio Michigan State!
It would probably make the rest of the Big Ten happy.  Even if they don't beat you, the Spartans will hit the hell out of you. 
We would be a physical team if he was HC.  And more disciplined too.

Reply/Quote

He hasn't done a thing at Michigan yet. 
He's a control freak. he'd be fired in a week by Mikey 
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2017, 04:48 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: He hasn't done a thing at Michigan yet. 
He's a control freak. he'd be fired in a week by Mikey 

5-7 the year before he got there. 10-3 his first season there, the difference he made day one was obvious. I don’t think he’ll have a long tenure there but he certainly brought some life to that program from the start. Right now the bengals are about as lifeless as possible

49ers were 6-10 before he got there and 13-3 his first season making it to the NFC championship game
Reply/Quote