Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is your dream college coach to be our head coach next year?
(11-18-2017, 05:26 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: 5-7 the year before he got there. 10-3 his first season there, the difference he made day one was obvious. I don’t think he’ll have a long tenure there but he certainly brought some life to that program from the start. Right now the bengals are about as lifeless as possible

And he's won one rivalry game. 
Let's see if he can actually get Michigan over the hump. 
Big 10 is down this year. 
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2017, 05:33 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: And he's won one rivalry game. 
Let's see if he can actually get Michigan over the hump. 
Big 10 is down this year. 

Won more playoff games his first year with the 49ers than the bengals have in the last 25 years. He turned Stanford into a perennial 10 win team, won 10 games his first two seasons at Michigan, and took the 49ers to multiple NFC championship games and a Super Bowl. He can clearly turn a program around. If he hasn’t proved that to you by now then he never will. I can’t stand him, but I’d happily give him the keys to this mess of a franchise
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2017, 06:07 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Won more playoff games his first year with the 49ers than the bengals have in the last 25 years. He turned Stanford into a perennial 10 win team, won 10 games his first two seasons at Michigan, and took the 49ers to multiple NFC championship games and a Super Bowl. He can clearly turn a program around. If he hasn’t proved that to you by now then he never will. I can’t stand him, but I’d happily give him the keys to this mess of a franchise

He also had nearly unilateral control. He won't get that here. It'd be a trainwreck.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2017, 06:25 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: He also had nearly unilateral control. He won't get that here. It'd be a trainwreck.

Assuming he had enough control though? Cause there's no doubt, he's not coming here if he doesn't. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2017, 04:01 PM)firstand10 Wrote: Mark Dantonio Michigan State!

I like this, he seems like a no nonsense hard nosed coach that we need......he knows how to win
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
I'm not as big on college coaches as some, but Jim Harbaugh is probably my favorite candidate overall. Quickly turned around the 49ers and took them to a SB. He'd also be the offensive mind we desperately need. Plus the division battles with the Ravens would immediately be more interesting. Hiring Harbaugh would instantly put the Bengals back on the map.

Unfortunately, it's as likely to happen as Mike Brown hiring a GM and apologizing to the fan base.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2017, 07:02 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Assuming he had enough control though? Cause there's no doubt, he's not coming here if he doesn't. 

Eh.
He's still done nothing since that playoff run with San Fran to really impress me. 
Michigan has crapped it's pants in big games the last 2 years. 
I'm not sold yet. 

My goal isn't "better than Marvin" I want someone I could really see winning here. 

That's why I want Lane. It's probably a trainwreck but it will be fun as hell to watch 
Reply/Quote
Chris Peterson
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2017, 02:19 PM)jason Wrote: Before it starts to fall apart?

Yeah...we've lost a decent part of our core over the past 2 offseasons. We're a rebuild job now.
Reply/Quote
You're putting the cart in front of the horse because I'm not necessarily sold on the notion that Marvin is going to get fired any time soon. If this team is still turning a profit, and it is Mikey is just fine keeping Marvin at the helm.
After all profit in Cincinnati isn't everything, it's the only thing. Winning is just ok, but when the team still gets the same cut of the NFL profit sharing scheme as the winning teams where's the incentive to actually invest in winning? There is none. The one thing you can't say about Marvin is that he's not a good company man. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I am gonna say urban but no way he leaves osu. It's his dream job.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2017, 01:53 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: If you get a college coach, I'm taking Lane Kiffin because shooters shoot.
Get him Baker Mayfield and just have fun.

I do enjoy out of the box thinking, but if there were two things that would make me stop being a Bengals Fan.... these would be two examples.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 02:49 AM)bambino5130 Wrote: I do enjoy out of the box thinking, but if there were two things that would make me stop being a Bengals Fan.... these would be two examples.

Im sorry you hate fun. 
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 02:50 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Im sorry you hate fun. 

Lmao
Reply/Quote
I have absolutely zero interest in a college coach graduating to the NFL for us.

I'd much rather get an up and comer within the NFL ranks.
Reply/Quote
Did you ask Who is the head coach next year....or.....Hue is the head coach next year.....So whats the guys name on first. No whats the guys name on second. So who's on first. Naturally. So I pock up the ball and throw it to Naturally. No, you throw the ball to who.....or Hue....and since Mike Brown makes as much sense as Abbott and Costello....Hue will be Bengals coach next year. I don't know. He's on third. So Hue will be the coach. Naturally, and I don't give a darn. Oh, he's at shortstop.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 03:04 AM)bambino5130 Wrote: Lmao

Embrace fun

Reply/Quote
I do not want a college coach at all. Coaching in college where you have student athletes that you can pretty easily control is vastly different than coaching young, often immature, million dollar athletes. To bring in a college coach onto an undisciplined team, then throw in Mike Brown, I think is a recipe for disaster....
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 03:57 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I do not want a college coach at all. Coaching in college where you have student athletes that you can pretty easily control is vastly different than coaching young, often immature, million dollar athletes. To bring in a college coach onto an undisciplined team, then throw in Mike Brown, I think is a recipe for disaster....

So you should be a member of Team Fun with me! 
The ride isn't going to get better with Mike in charge so why not make it more fun! 
Reply/Quote