Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who is "your guy"?
(06-26-2017, 09:05 AM)Wyche Wrote: This should suffice....

Mooning

You never trust a big butt and a smile, this emoji is poison!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2017, 02:33 PM)3wt Wrote: Just as long as he comes back.   I don't always agree with him, and he gets too testy too fast sometimes.  But he's knowledgeable, intelligent and has very interesting perceptions of things.   And I like his sense of humor.

I just don't think he's so over the top that he needs to be banned.   He's mostly just outspoken and sometimes rude when he disagrees.   I've seen more abusive posters on this board and the mother board.

I don't think people have any problem standing up to them if they perceive that he's wrong or out of hand.

I'll be glad when he comes back.   He brings a lot to the boards.

I would say he is often rude, and he does contribute to the boards, but his negativity often ruins it as well.  

I like his posts for the most part....just God forbid anyone offer a different opinion.   Cool
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2017, 07:10 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: This year I'll go with a Spartan as well.

Demetrious Cox.

I have never been a Shawn Williams fan and I feel as though Cox may push him for snaps.

Good one, but I see Cox behind Fej and Smith also before he would see the field.  Tough sledding for a safety on this team. 
Reply/Quote
Player I looking forward to seeing play the most- Billings and Mixon
Player on the outside looking in that I am pulling for- Boom Williams.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2017, 05:46 PM)3wt Wrote: I think that was a one time thing.  And you seem to remember the results better than I do (I just don't recall)

While we're grousing, I get really frustrated when Munoz is up training the Browns when we could have him, Willie Anderson, Max Montoya, Joe Walter and probably Richie Braham here working with our guys.   Willie has outright offered to help Og and says he believes he could get him fixed - and I'm pretty sure we could get the others to all contribute.

I have appreciated when Marvin has brought guys like Kevin Green and the old Pittsburgh center to help with our guys.   It would be great to have a clinic with all those guys.  If Alexander is concerned about mixed messages he could clarify with those guys up front before they begin working with the guys.

Even if Paul is the maestro each of those estimable former players is going to add their personal perspective to the mix.  Given how well they played I can't help but feel our guys would end up with a substantive takeaway.

I don't find it to be a coincidence that in 2015 McNally was brought in as a consultant and the O-line played well
and we went 8-0 to begin the season. I am with you, we need all the help we can get and all those guys have great
football IQ, i would bring in any of them in an instant.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2017, 02:04 PM)3wt Wrote: I love the Glasgow dude.  I think he's going to surprise some folks with his ability to penetrate in addition to stopping the run.

Glasgow is a good one, very physical and a better pass rusher than was alluded to on draft day.

Very good run stopper. Should be the run stopper behind Billings. Sims i still like but he is getting up there in age.
Reply/Quote
Fat Andre and Fisher.

I was always a fan of Andre. Felt like one of the few defending him when we drafted him. Was mad we let him go to the vikings and just gave the job to OG.

Think the move to G will give him a few more years.

Fisher showed some of the attitude i like in his few chances last year. He has the tone setting mean streak. We need it. He will bring it.
Reply/Quote
It was Alex Erickson last year. I don't have a guy this year yet. But when training camp starts I'll be rooting for someone. It might even be Erickson again since he still has to fight for his job this year.
Reply/Quote
Nick Vigil is mine.. got a little playing time last year as a rookie.. I believe he will be competing this year for a starting spot and can give us some needed depth with Burfict, Minter and Rey.
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2017, 11:07 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Nick Vigil is mine.. got a little playing time last year as a rookie.. I believe he will be competing this year for a starting spot and can give us some needed depth with Burfict, Minter and Rey.

From everything i have heard Vigil already has the starting spot at SAM.
Reply/Quote
I don't really get into the yearly ritual of picking out some bottom-of-the-roster guy to root for. I just like the guys that help this team win. I will say I was happy when we landed Keivarae Russell. It was almost like getting a free 3rd rounder. It remains to be seen if he can really help the team win though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2017, 12:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: From everything i have heard Vigil already has the starting spot at SAM.

Well I'm hoping he does bottom line it takes more than three linebackers on a team so if he does step up we know  the other three can perform well  so that gives us a nice core of 4
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2017, 08:29 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well I'm hoping he does bottom line it takes more than three linebackers on a team so if he does step up we know  the other three can perform well  so that gives us a nice core of 4

Burfict has been praising Vigil like crazy, says they can pretty much read eachother's minds already.

With Minter now in the fold with Vinny Rey and now Lawson we definately have some smarts and talent.

Also think Jordan Evans could be a stud ST'er on down the road with his speed and tackling ability.

Evans can also cover, i truly think this guy should be in this discussion...
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2017, 08:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Burfict has been praising Vigil like crazy, says they can pretty much read eachother's minds already.

With Minter now in the fold with Vinny Rey and now Lawson we definately have some smarts and talent.

Also think Jordan Evans could be a stud ST'er on down the road with his speed and tackling ability.

This is what has me so excited...well, one of the things that does Wink

With Vigil and Minter being added to the starting base over the likes of Dansby and Maualuga (plus in-shape, contract motivated Burfict over what started last year), the Bengals have dramatic improvements in the center of the defense.  

Billings, Willis, Hardison, and Lawson will help improve the front four and allow for a good rotation. 

The addition of WJIII, Williams in his second year as the starter, and the inevitable development/dominance of my guy Fej  Ninja, the back end is looking improved as well.  Most every team loses key talent each year, but I don't think the defense had a loss (like Whit on O) in the entire group that will hurt them.  Improvements at every level.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2017, 08:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Burfict has been praising Vigil like crazy, says they can pretty much read eachother's minds already.

If Vigil and Evans pan out it could be the end of our hole in the middle.

I like the idea of Fej in there as a LB on obvious passing downs.  He can cover, he can blitz and he's a heck of a tackler.

We have some players to work with this year on D
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2017, 08:53 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is what has me so excited...well, one of the things that does Wink

With Vigil and Minter being added to the starting base over the likes of Dansby and Maualuga (plus in-shape, contract motivated Burfict over what started last year), the Bengals have dramatic improvements in the center of the defense.  

Billings, Willis, Hardison, and Lawson will help improve the front four and allow for a good rotation. 

The addition of WJIII, Williams in his second year as the starter, and the inevitable development/dominance of my guy Fej  Ninja, the back end is looking improved as well.  Most every team loses key talent each year, but I don't think the defense had a loss (like Whit on O) in the entire group that will hurt them.  Improvements at every level.

Yeah, the Defense has me the most excited for all the reasons being mentioned, there really isn't a hole anywhere now.

MJ maybe, but he still might be damn good in a rotation at batting down balls and stopping the run. The additions of Willis,
Lawson and Billings should only help MJ, Dunlap and Geno. Minter is that cover MIKE we have been needing forever. I like
your guy Fej, in the little snaps he got last year all he did is impress. Dude looks physical out there and he can cover better
than Shawn. Should be interesting and i am expecting Fej to at the very least play some Nickel LB this year.

On Offense it all hinges on the O-line and right now it seems to be better than the negative nancy's thought but it will take
some time for the new pieces to gain that chemistry.

The Defense on the other hand was one of the best late last season and the new coaches finally got their feet wet.

I could see this Defense carrying our Offense early this season until the Offense picks up.

(07-10-2017, 02:06 PM)3wt Wrote: If Vigil and Evans pan out it could be the end of our hole in the middle.

I like the idea of Fej in there as a LB on obvious passing downs.  He can cover, he can blitz and he's a heck of a tackler.

We have some players to work with this year on D

Sure do, so excited about Billings this year. Been wanting to put a player like this next to Geno for many years.

Offenses will have to pick their poison, they will have to double one of these guys or they will pay and even then they might pay
cause both will beat their guy if they are not doubled. Not enough players on Offense, somebody will be freed up. Imagine having
all Geno, Dunlap, Billings, Willis and Lawson rushing the passer on 3rd and long! Shocked
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2017, 07:10 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: This year I'll go with a Spartan as well.

Demetrious Cox.

I have never been a Shawn Williams fan and I feel as though Cox may push him for snaps.

I know it's only preseason game 1 but...............
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
Jeff Driskel looking on point in camp & tonight. Trade AJ & Dalton for some Oline & picks & let's roll with Driskel lmao
Reply/Quote
I'm still pulling for Erickson. The kid make plays, hustles and seems to always make the catch. I like Jordan Evans too. I wanted to see what Brandon Wilson can do but I guess he's hurt.

I'm disappointed in the Defense, how they managed to play worse than the O line is amazing. Billings, Adkins, Lawson, Burfict, Glasgow, not a single tackle. I know they didn't play the whole game but they all had plays they left on the field. The middle of our D once again as usual is non existent. I know it's just the 1st pre season game but the D should be ahead of the offense but their not.

I'm not going to sweat it though. There was still a lot to like, and we still have our first round pick to look forward to. I hope Ced can continue to get better and Bodine suddenly turns into Jeff Saturday, if not try some of the back ups or consider picking up someone. Other than that let's just hope we stay healthy and get this season started already.
Reply/Quote
Just back from game and now watching replay. In person, I thought Mixon, J. Evans, Willis, Jackson, Malone, the OL and Driskell looked good. Adam Jones looked to be in mid season form.

I thought Dennard looked slow,Lawson got man handled at times and and Minter was OK, but not impressive. MJ looked slow and was not good tonight

I think Malone and Evans did a lot to make the team tonight.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote