Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who is "your guy"?
I know the thread topic is wide open to all kinds of homophobic slurs (Banhammer Twirling Emoji), but I will explain.

Your "guy" is that player that might have a bit of an obscure role on the team. It isn't Dalton, Green, or someone like that. It is a player that perhaps you scouted, and pull for to get more opportunities and you hope becomes a big-time player. Or, whether you wish that for them or not...it could simply be a player you like for various reasons.

Mine is Clayton Fejedelem. I first saw the guy watching Illinois football (there is a family connection, but for the most part, they are awful). The guy was making plays all over the field. First game I saw him he made something like 15 solo tackles. I thought he was a LB, but he was a safety. I researched him and learned of his dedication, starting as a walk-on and earning a scholarship. He is tough, fast, aggressive, and plays with a no-holds-barred attitude. Maybe it is because he has so many "E"s in his last name. I don't know. I just really like the guy.

Who is yours? I know it isn't a great topic, but we are kind of in the Sahara of posting right now...

Previous "My guys": Ethan Kilmer, Johnathon Fanane, and Sexy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2017, 01:16 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I know the thread topic is wide open to all kinds of homophobic slurs (Banhammer Twirling Emoji), but I will explain.

Your "guy" is that player that might have a bit of an obscure role on the team. It isn't Dalton, Green, or someone like that. It is a player that perhaps you scouted, and pull for to get more opportunities and you hope becomes a big-time player. Or, whether you wish that for them or not...it could simply be a player you like for various reasons.

Mine is Clayton Fejedelem. I first saw the guy watching Illinois football (there is a family connection, but for the most part, they are awful). The guy was making plays all over the field. First game I saw him he made something like 15 solo tackles. I thought he was a LB, but he was a safety. I researched him and learned of his dedication, starting as a walk-on and earning a scholarship. He is tough, fast, aggressive, and plays with a no-holds-barred attitude. Maybe it is because he has so many "E"s in his last name. I don't know. I just really like the guy.

Who is yours? I know it isn't a great topic, but we are kind of in the Sahara of posting right now...

Previous "My guys": Ethan Kilmer, Johnathon Fanane, and Sexy.

I always like Fanene myself.

Right now it is Nick F***kin' Vigil. I've always liked Peerman, and Clark Harris too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Jake Kumerow. AKA Touchdown Jesus.

Was always someone I wish they would have given more shots. He was injured so it hurt him, but I wish we would see more of him honestly.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Pat Sims, when he left I thought our run defense slipped a lot. The guy cannot be moved from his spot.

One more guy I love pulling for is Erickson. Very under appreciated by most fans.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2017, 01:16 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I know the thread topic is wide open to all kinds of homophobic slurs (Banhammer Twirling Emoji), but I will explain.

Your "guy" is that player that might have a bit of an obscure role on the team.  It isn't Dalton, Green, or someone like that.  It is a player that perhaps you scouted, and pull for to get more opportunities and you hope becomes a big-time player.  Or, whether you wish that for them or not...it could simply be a player you like for various reasons.

Gilberry and Winston... I like the old warriors that never were big stars, but continue to give everything in their higher football age to still get out there occasionally.

Also, Winston is the head of the NFLPA, which I think is cool.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2017, 01:51 PM)hollodero Wrote: Gilberry and Winston... I like the old warriors that never were big stars, but continue to give everything in their higher football age to still get out there occasionally.

Also, Winston is the head of the NFLPA, which I think is cool.

I never understood the Gilberry detractors. He seems to make plays when his chance arises. 
Reply/Quote
Gotta go with Vigil here
Reply/Quote
Burkhead. Hopes he crushes it with Brady and the Pats.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Still think Dennard has a chance to surprise the naysayers.

Still have confidence he can be a great DB in this league, even if it isn't for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Ryan Hewitt, he's not going to ever show up big in the stat sheets, but you sure can tell a difference when he doesn't play.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'm rooting for Brian Wilson, curious to see all the things he can do to help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I was all-in on Sean Porter starting in 2013. I really thought he could be both a pass rusher and coverage LB like he showed at TAMU. I was very sad when he kept getting hit by the injury fairy.

I guess in terms of active players, I'll have to go with Jordan Willis. I was one of his biggest supporters through this past offseason leading up to the draft. He produced extremely well at K St and showed off his athleticism at the Combine. The doubters believe that his athleticism at the Combine doesn't match his game tape, which I get. Hopefully he is able to translate his (newfound?) athleticism with his proven resumé from college and be a perennial good-to-great DE in the NFL.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
UFA running back Boom Williams from Kentucky. Watched a few UK games last year and was impressed with him. Durability will be a concern given his small stature, but guy ran hard every game I watched.
Reply/Quote
Josh Shaw. He should be above Dennard and Jackson on the depth chart.
Reply/Quote
Mine is Fejedelem.   He's looked good every time he hits the field.  He's one of those guys I feel like doesn't get enough snaps because they've already committed to the higher draft pick/ contract.

I'm pretty psyched because they are saying he's improved his coverage in OTAs so far.  If he can consistently show in that respect I think they will grudgingly have to give him more snaps.  Because he's excellent on teams and he's an absolute beast in the box.

I also love me some Hewitt.  The guys is another one of those Swiss Army knife guys who just get's done whatever they ask him to do.  Great blocker, clutch receiver.  He was one of those under the radar injuries that adversely affected the running game.

We have a lot of tools to play with if the coaches get things right.   I think we could have amazing nickel defense packages and no-huddle offense packages.

Man I hope they use them
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2017, 04:10 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: UFA running back Boom Williams from Kentucky.  Watched a few UK games last year and was impressed with him.  Durability will be a concern given his small stature, but guy ran hard every game I watched.

Heck yeah, I doubt most people even know he is on the team, yet as RB on a very average Wildcat football team, he was a home run threat every time he touches the ball. He runs hard and fast. If Gio cannot go at the start of the year, I hope he gets that 4th roster spot, but this team is deep at running back. He'll catch on somewhere though.....
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2017, 05:04 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Heck yeah, I doubt most people even know he is on the team, yet as RB on a very average Wildcat football team, he was a home run threat every time he touches the ball. He runs hard and fast. If Gio cannot go at the start of the year, I hope he gets that 4th roster spot, but this team is deep at running back. He'll catch on somewhere though.....

He's got a heck of a yards per carry number.   Personally I'd like to see Gio go on the PUP.   I want to make sure he's not rushed back and I would love to see how this guy looks.
Reply/Quote
My obscure "guy" is Eifert. Hilarious

Just kidding. (Sort of.) I'm going with Vigil.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I gotta go with Lawson. I'm hoping all the hype about him having Takeo Spikes level intensity is true and it actually shows up when we play. This could be contagious for the whole defense. I'm hoping Hardy Nickerson Jr. shows well in TC and somehow we don't lose him to another team. I know that's more than one guy, but I wanted to throw in an undrafted FA as well (cause I always root for those kind of guys, because if they make the team that means they are usually the hardest workers and it spreads throughout the team. And once a guy like that gets on the roster, he usually continues to work his tail off because he has a huge chip on his shoulder). You don't have to look too far in the LB group (Burfict, Rey) to see their impact. On a related note, that's another reason I hope we keep 7 receivers cause I'd like to keep both Core and Erickson on the team (seeing how both of them were selected very low or not selected at all in the draft).
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2017, 01:40 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Jake Kumerow. 

Same here. Him and Rex were always guys I wanted to see (or see more of in Rex's case).

I also wanted Alex Cooper to work out. Mainly just because his name sounded like Alice Cooper.
Reply/Quote