Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who is "your guy"?
(06-24-2017, 10:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Let's try to keep it on topic.

He is one that went much later than expected (don't want to get into who does/does not deserve credit/blame for that). I do think he will have a hard time breaking into our Safety rotation; perhaps even cut material this season. Personally watching Darquese Dennard play; I'd love to see what he can do at Safety. He and Smith are virtually the same size.

You raise an interesting point with Dennard.  I like Smith a great deal, though.  Seems better suited to play the role that Reggie vacated than Shawn, who at times seems more like the old "square peg trying to fit in a round hole" as he is more of an in-the-box safety.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2017, 10:07 AM)Dr. Bombay Wrote: Yes I read the OP and made a post about Gio being my guy.  If you have a problem with a member hurling insults at other members and taking the thread off track it all started with this guy's post.

But since he is your guys' "Hall of Famer" I am assuming the people running this board encourage this type of behavior.  I am still trying to figuire out how all this works around here.

Maybe he should have used this emoji to help you out?

Sarcasm

And I don't have a problem with it, but it just seems as though you were looking for an argument, followed by an insult of the board in general.  Then, you followed up with this post about him being our "Hall of Famer" and threw out a slight of our moderators.  All of this because you feel that his first sarcastic joke was in poor behavior?  Most of us probably laughed when we read it.  He wasn't attacking any board member with his post.  Wyche is an outstanding contributor on here and won his awards by votes from the members.  It wasn't handed to him by a group of friends that are the mods.  
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2017, 10:22 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Maybe he should have used this emoji to help you out?

Sarcasm

And I don't have a problem with it, but it just seems as though you were looking for an argument, followed by an insult of the board in general.  Then, you followed up with this post about him being our "Hall of Famer" and threw out a slight of our moderators.  All of this because you feel that his first sarcastic joke was in poor behavior?  Most of us probably laughed when we read it.  He wasn't attacking any board member with his post.  Wyche is an outstanding contributor on here and won his awards by votes from the members.  It wasn't handed to him by a group of friends that are the mods.  

Sorry if I offended you.  I was just pointing out that I was not the one who took this thread off the rails.

Maybe I am just not familiar with Wyche's style, but it seemed to me that he was intentionally throwing shade at anyone who would suggest that the Bengals coaches should get any credit at all for getting tremendous production from a 4th round pick.

I did not slight the moderators in any way.  If you saw nothing wrong with Wyche's post then why would it be any type of insult for the mods to encourage that type of post?

Kind of like the way you accused me of not reading the OP when my first post was about Gio being my man.  Then accusing me of just wanting to start a fight when I had done nothing but respextfully respond to Wyche's sarcastic rip on "some members here".
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2017, 12:08 PM)Dr. Bombay Wrote: Sorry if I offended you.  I was just pointing out that I was not the one who took this thread off the rails.

Maybe I am just not familiar with Wyche's style, but it seemed to me that he was intentionally throwing shade at anyone who would suggest that the Bengals coaches should get any credit at all for getting tremendous production from a 4th round pick.

I did not slight the moderators in any way.  If you saw nothing wrong with Wyche's post then why would it be any type of insult for the mods to encourage that type of post?

Kind of like the way you accused me of not reading the OP when my first post was about Gio being my man.  Then accusing me of just wanting to start a fight when I had done nothing but respextfully respond to Wyche's sarcastic rip on "some members here".

You didn't offend me...no apologies needed.  It's all good, but the post I was referring to:

1.  You have no idea how Cook mor Mixon will fare in the NFL.  One or both of them could be complete busts.

2.  No matter how great you claim Boling was at the time of the draft the fact is that every team in the league is looking for good players and every team except the Bengals passed on him.  So the Bengals have to get some credit for either better scouting or better coaching.  What were the guge red flags that dropped such a highly rated player to the fourth round.  You compare him to Mixon, Cook, and Burfict, but I know exactly why they dropped.  Please tell me what Boling did that scared away every other team in the league.

3.  That '90's coaching staff also included Hall of Fame DC Dick LeBeau. You can not claim that every coach on that staff was bad.  Do you think Joe Thomas is a terrible player because he has always been on the Browns?

The Bengals have gotten far more production from Boling than any other team has gotten from any other OG taken in the fourth round or later since 2010.  I find it incredible that no one here is willing to give any of the Bengal coaches any credit for that.  Isn't this supposed to be a message board for Bengal fans?

I know fred from Go-Bengals.com.  At first I did not believe him when he told me what it was like over here.  But it looks like he was correct. 

...said nothing about Gio and only took very strong defensive stances against just about anything that was posted in relation to the Bengals coaches or opinions of the personnel.  It isn't that you don't agree, it is the way you fired off things in such a "you're opinion is different and that makes you stupid" manner. 

I love having lots of different view points on here.  I originally clashed with Nate on here (don't even remember what about) and now I consider him a good bud.  We don't have to agree by any stretch, but when you instantly flame on anyone's differing opinions in such a manner, well...it makes it a lot less fun to be around here.

Just my two cents....I'm no mod, so no banhammer twirling (I STILL want that emoji!).

Good luck and Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
He might not even make the team but if he does my guy will be Ryan Glasgow purely for the fact that Glasgow is my favourite city in the world and he's currently wearing 67 which is my favourite number so I'm rooting for him to make the team and be good so I can grab A Glasgow jersey
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2017, 07:45 AM)Seaneh Wrote: He might not even make the team but if he does my guy will be Ryan Glasgow purely for the fact that Glasgow is my favourite city in the world and he's currently wearing 67 which is my favourite number so I'm rooting for him to make the team and be good so I can grab A Glasgow jersey

I'm a little scared to ask why 67 is your favorite number....but I liked your post.  I think he will most definitely make the team.  
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2017, 09:37 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Did you even read the original post or did you just come on here looking to argue?  Then you insult the board?

Do we have an emoji for someone's butt with a big blot of lipstick?

This should suffice....

Mooning

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2017, 09:05 AM)Wyche Wrote: This should suffice....

Mooning

I like it, Wyche, but I was trying to say "kiss my butt" instead of just "here's my butt".  I didn't want to just say it for fear of the banhammer, but it looks like Fred 2.0 already got "hammered" after just 39 posts.  That has to be some kind of record.  
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2017, 09:15 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I like it, Wyche, but I was trying to say "kiss my butt" instead of just "here's my butt".  I didn't want to just say it for fear of the banhammer, but it looks like Fred 2.0 already got "hammered" after just 39 posts.  That has to be some kind of record.  

39 too many. He just can't help himself. You think you'd change your persona if you were sneaking back in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2017, 09:25 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: 39 too many.  He just can't help himself.  You think you'd change your persona if you were sneaking back in

I was just messaging Wyche about that very thing.  It is too bad, because Fred got a lot of "contributer votes" and he does make some very good factual observations.  I like having him around here, and as a bit of a sarcastic prique myself, I get his humor.  The problem is he throws a complete hissy fit with anyone that offers a counterpoint.  Maybe that is what the political forums are like (I don't go near those), but that shouldn't be what is happening on JN.

He will be back, and hopefully, a bit happier when he returns.  
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2017, 09:25 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: 39 too many.  He just can't help himself.  You think you'd change your persona if you were sneaking back in

Yep, I don't wanna derail the thread, but I will leave with this.  I am who I am.  You give respect, you get respect.  If you're constantly condescending and belittling people for disagreeing instead of just presenting your view and agreeing to disagree, or finding some common ground in the person's view you are having a discussion with, you're eventually going to see it in return.  I've seen that schtick for six years......it wears very thin.....especially the cherry-picking of quotes out of context from the main text and trying to pick that one sentence apart in order to argue.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I have a lot better things to do with my time than sit and argue some foolishness with some nitwit over something that may or may not have been said online about the Bengals, Reds, any other team, politics, religion, the price of beans or the embossing pattern of toilet paper.   I'm REALLY good at ignoring people when they get on my nerves. The great thing about doing this online is if someone wants to argue with me the off button is as close as my thumb.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2017, 07:45 AM)Seaneh Wrote: He might not even make the team but if he does my guy will be Ryan Glasgow purely for the fact that Glasgow is my favourite city in the world and he's currently wearing 67 which is my favourite number so I'm rooting for him to make the team and be good so I can grab A Glasgow jersey

I love the Glasgow dude.  I think he's going to surprise some folks with his ability to penetrate in addition to stopping the run.

With all the amazing cities in the British Isles I'd love to know why Glasgow is your favorite... just in case I ever get the money to get across the pond.
Reply/Quote
My guy was Ethan Kilmer in years past. My brother knew him, and he grew up near us

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2017, 09:30 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I was just messaging Wyche about that very thing.  It is too bad, because Fred got a lot of "contributer votes" and he does make some very good factual observations.  I like having him around here, and as a bit of a sarcastic prique myself, I get his humor.  The problem is he throws a complete hissy fit with anyone that offers a counterpoint.  Maybe that is what the political forums are like (I don't go near those), but that shouldn't be what is happening on JN.

On the Bengal boards he was mostly awesome.  Good stats and info, made his points well.  Could even make you laugh.  I noticed pretty quickly when I found my way here that the tone of his posts had changed considerably.  Which is unfortunate.
Reply/Quote
Brian Leonard.

I nearly passed out when I heard the Bengals traded for him and gave nothing to get him (Orien Harris who ended up coming back the next year anyway). Leonard was Mr. Clutch and was a great teammate.

I still am kicking myself for not going to his charity event in Chelsea Piers in NYC a few years ago. I was all set to go but at the last minute had to cancel. My brother went and got me a ton of Bengals autographs (and ex-Rutgers football players along with a few NY Giants players). He also won a bid on an Ochocinco signed football and gave it to my son for Christmas. Anyway, it turned out that Geno Atkins was there along with Andy Dalton, Vinny Rey, and Clark Harris to name a few. Ray Rice was there as well (before the incident with his fiancé). I was so effing pissed I missed it.
Reply/Quote
Right now it's Shaw. Thought he showed a lot of potential last season and I hope he has an opportunity to compete for the slot corner position because I think he could excel there.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2017, 09:30 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I was just messaging Wyche about that very thing.  It is too bad, because Fred got a lot of "contributer votes" and he does make some very good factual observations.  I like having him around here, and as a bit of a sarcastic prique myself, I get his humor.  The problem is he throws a complete hissy fit with anyone that offers a counterpoint.  Maybe that is what the political forums are like (I don't go near those), but that shouldn't be what is happening on JN.

Just as long as he comes back.   I don't always agree with him, and he gets too testy too fast sometimes.  But he's knowledgeable, intelligent and has very interesting perceptions of things.   And I like his sense of humor.

I just don't think he's so over the top that he needs to be banned.   He's mostly just outspoken and sometimes rude when he disagrees.   I've seen more abusive posters on this board and the mother board.

I don't think people have any problem standing up to them if they perceive that he's wrong or out of hand.

I'll be glad when he comes back.   He brings a lot to the boards.
Reply/Quote
My mind changes depending on the day about "my guy" (yikes, that sounds creepy written out), but today I'm on Team Kumerow. I thought he'd make the jump last year, and remain convinced he would have had he not gotten hurt. Here's hoping for a great camp.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2017, 03:25 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Still think Dennard has a chance to surprise the naysayers.

Still have confidence he can be a great DB in this league, even if it isn't for the Bengals.

This year I'll go with a Spartan as well.

Demetrious Cox.

I have never been a Shawn Williams fan and I feel as though Cox may push him for snaps.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote