Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who is "your guy"?
Apparently it's Jake Elliott. I find myself defending him a lot from so many people who are still butthurt over the draft and want him to fail against Bullock. Bullock is an average kicker with a so-so record in the NFL who hasn't played a full season since 2014.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
My new guy--Chris Smith. Okay, against the backups but if you're against backups, dominate them, which he kinda did. Where does this guy fit on the roster? Looking forward to seeing him again.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I know which one is not.

[Image: ezgif-4-2a4f998013.gif]

Hilarious

Reply/Quote
Flattened.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2017, 01:27 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I'm still pulling for Erickson. The kid make plays, hustles and seems to always make the catch. I like Jordan Evans too. I wanted to see what Brandon Wilson can do but I guess he's hurt.

I'm disappointed in the Defense, how they managed to play worse than the O line is amazing. Billings, Adkins, Lawson, Burfict, Glasgow, not a single tackle. I know they didn't play the whole game but they all had plays they left on the field. The middle of our D once again as usual is non existent. I know it's just the 1st pre season game but the D should be ahead of the offense but their not.

I'm not going to sweat it though. There was still a lot to like, and we still have our first round pick to look forward to. I hope Ced can continue to get better and Bodine suddenly turns into Jeff Saturday, if not try some of the back ups or consider picking up someone. Other than that let's just hope we stay healthy and get this season started already.

Have we ever kept 7 receivers under Marvin?

Green, Lefell, Ross, Malone, Boyd, Core, Erickson
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2017, 06:30 AM)Lawless_1 Wrote: Have we ever kept 7 receivers under Marvin?

Malone will be placed on the PS as of this moment.  I don't see us keeping 7 WRs.

No one will "steal" him either.

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2017, 06:30 AM)Lawless_1 Wrote: Have we ever kept 7 receivers under Marvin?

The year they had Whalen and Sanzenbacher they had 7. It was uhh Green Sanu Jones Hawkins Tate Sanzenbacher and Whalen.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Jeff Driskel. I'm ready to trade McCarron and roll with the Jeffster as backup QB.

Now it's for you to decide if I'm serious.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2017, 01:36 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Just back from game and now watching replay. In person, I thought Mixon, J. Evans, Willis, Jackson, Malone, the OL and Driskell looked good. Adam Jones looked to be in mid season form.

I thought Dennard looked slow,Lawson got man handled at times and and Minter was OK, but not impressive. MJ looked slow and was not good tonight

I think Malone and Evans did a lot to make the team tonight.
I think if Malone looks like this another game this preseason we'll have to keep him on the 53 or lose him to another team.

Sent from my Google Pixel using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I have a few. Last year (and still) is Erickson. I really like that kid. He deserves to stay even if it's just as a return man. Hell, we kept Tate all those years!

I like Cody Core a lot as well. I'm worried Malone could potentially take his spot, but I think having Green, Core, Ross, and Malone lined up at the same time would be incredible. The speed alone would be worth it.

I think I'm going to join the Driskel camp as well. McCarron was considered God by some as soon as he was drafted and all of those fans keep dumping on Driskel saying he's hot garbage. So I'm pulling for the guy.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2017, 09:21 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Jeff Driskel. I'm ready to trade McCarron and roll with the Jeffster as backup QB.

In all seriousness, I'm kinda pulling for Jake Elliot. Nothing against Bullock, but since he's been a journeyman kicker, I'm worried that the reason for him bouncing around is that he's just not that good. He's been pretty good for us and he nailed that 54 yarder last night, but still ...
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2017, 09:21 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Jeff Driskel. I'm ready to trade McCarron and roll with the Jeffster as backup QB.

He is the best Bengal 3rd string preseason QB I have seen since that dude that threw up on the field. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2017, 10:44 AM)PhilHos Wrote: In all seriousness, I'm kinda pulling for Jake Elliot. Nothing against Bullock, but since he's been a journeyman kicker, I'm worried that the reason for him bouncing around is that he's just not that good. He's been pretty good for us and he nailed that 54 yarder last night, but still ...
Most kickers are journeymen. Remember when we drafted Neil Rackers and Shayne Graham beat him out?

This kind of reminds me of that.

Sent from my Google Pixel using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2017, 11:00 AM)bfine32 Wrote: He is the best Bengal 3rd string preseason QB I have seen since that dude that threw up on the field. 

Would like the Bengals to play him against 2nd string and maybe 1s in the 4th pre season game. All it takes is one injury and good timing for a 1st rounder trade offered for McCarron. 

Reply/Quote
Boyd going into his second year on offense. Too underrated by fans here after rookie performance last year.

Willis on D. Something about his play I like, very fluid like and fast. Plus if he makes a play, I want to start up "Whatcha talkin bout Willis?!"

Erickson & Bullock for special teams. Sometimes kickers can get really really good at this point in their careers, and hopefully Bullock can be that good if he beats out the rook (who was overdrafted in the 5th). Plus I'd like to call him the Sheriff, in reference to Sheriff Bullock of Deadwood.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2017, 12:14 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Boyd going into his second year on offense. Too underrated by fans here after rookie performance last year.

Willis on D. Something about his play I like, very fluid like and fast. Plus if he makes a play, I want to start up "Whatcha talkin bout Willis?!"

Erickson & Bullock for special teams. Sometimes kickers can get really really good at this point in their careers, and hopefully Bullock can be that good if he beats out the rook (who was overdrafted in the 5th).  Plus I'd like to call him the Sheriff, in reference to Sheriff Bullock of Deadwood.

Bullock's chances of kicking here are slim to none.

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2017, 12:24 PM)McC Wrote: Bullock's chances of kicking here are slim to none.

Sadly probably true regardless how good he does, since they drafted Elliot too high.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2017, 12:28 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Sadly probably true regardless how good he does, since they drafted Elliot too high.

The kid looked good.  He has great form and a good leg.  It could end up that he was drafted just right.

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2017, 12:24 PM)McC Wrote: Bullock's chances of kicking here are slim to none.

Tampa needs a kicker.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2017, 02:09 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: Tampa needs a kicker.

Yeah.  That's something else, huh?  Bye bye, second rounder who we traded up to get.

Reply/Quote