Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is your ideal player selection for 2021 NFL draft?
It depends on how Williams pans out this season.

If he looks like he can be the long term answer at LT, then I would go stud pass rusher in the first round and RT in the second.

If he looks iffy by season's end, then LT in the first and kick Jonah over to the right side, then go after DE or G in the second.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 10:09 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: It depends on how Williams pans out this season.

If he looks like he can be the long term answer at LT, then I would go stud pass rusher in the first round and RT in the second.

If he looks iffy by season's end, then LT in the first and kick Jonah over to the right side, then go after DE or G in the second.

He's the Bengals' best pass protector right now.
He looks good, plus he won't be going against the likes of Bosa and Ingram every week.

If the season ended today, the Bengals are actually picking 13-14.
So if they pick in that range after the season, they aren't getting Sewell or Chase.

If they do pick in the 10-15 range, I like some of these prospects for the Bengals:
Alex Leatherwood, OT/G Alabama
Sam Cosmi, OT Texas
Walker Little, OT Stanford
Shaun Wade, CB Ohio St (if WJ3 leaves)
Patrick Surtain, CB Alabama (if WJ3 leaves)
Maybe Carlos Basham, DL Wake Forest
Micah Parsons, LB Penn St (although I could see him going 6-10 range)

If the team decides they really want another 1st round WR, there should be a handful of good options to pick from in that range.
I personally like Jaylen Waddle or Devonta Smith in that range. 

I haven't seen a lot of DL in the early part of 1st round aside from Rousseau and Basham, but I see quite a lot in the late 1st and in the 2nd.
I would probably put Rousseau in the Top 5 overall prospects with Lawrence, Fields, Sewell, and Chase, so he might be gone when the Bengals pick. Basham has that Dunlap size (6'6", 285 lbs) and stuffs the run well. He's also improved his pass rush year-to-year.

I think that given the difficult schedule remaining, the Bengals will end up picking Top 10 still, probably 4th at the highest.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
OFFENSIVE LINEMAN AND A LINEBACKER
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
My pick if we’re picking 13-16 would be Wyatt Davis.... that said if we could be guarenteed josh Meyers in rd2, i would go with the best ot left(probably leatherwood and picking leatherwood would mean that we wouldn’t have to switch Jonah to right side) and they Meyers in rd2. This isn’t Bc I’m a buckeye fan just Davis and Meyers are the 2 best IOL players in this draft. Davis is far and away the best IOL player in this draft and much better than Meyers but I’d like to improve guard and tackle in this draft.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 12:39 PM)Jpoore Wrote: My pick if we’re picking 13-16 would be Wyatt Davis.... that said if we could be guarenteed josh Meyers in rd2, i would go with the best ot left(probably leatherwood and picking leatherwood would mean that we wouldn’t have to switch Jonah to right side) and they Meyers in rd2. This isn’t Bc I’m a buckeye fan just Davis and Meyers  are the 2 best IOL players in this draft.  Davis is far and away the best IOL player in this draft and much better than Meyers but I’d like to improve guard and tackle in this draft.

I too would be a fan of drafting OL in the first two rounds in 2021.

However, unless Atkins gets back to his old self, one could argue that the Bengals might be able to get by with just one new starting OL, as XSF was solid in his one game and Hart is playing well in the run game.

If XSF can play like he did that first game through the rest of the year, I can see Bengals going DL given the lack of pass rush.
I could also see them going WR if they want another starting WR to go along with Boyd and Higgins, and I can see them going CB if they don't re-sign WJ3, especially given Waynes being injured.
Last, if the Bengals aren't confident in their LBs by the end of this season, perhaps they pull the trigger on someone like Parsons (if he's there).

A lot of ways they could go that could make sense, but I'm totally there with you to go OL-OL.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2020, 06:01 PM)J24 Wrote: Depending on how the cap shakes out next season I would rather spend on a RT then draft one. Would rather go Defensive in the draft.

Spend on a RT then draft one? Just in case one of them doesn't pan out or something? I can't see them using their top pick on a position they just spent big money on. Maybe play one of them at guard?
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 11:21 PM)Mobster Wrote: Spend on a RT then draft one? Just in case one of them doesn't pan out or something? I can't see them using their top pick on a position they just spent big money on. Maybe play one of them at guard?

I think JJ meant "than," as in get a FA instead of using a draft pick.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 02:48 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I too would be a fan of drafting OL in the first two rounds in 2021.

However, unless Atkins gets back to his old self, one could argue that the Bengals might be able to get by with just one new starting OL, as XSF was solid in his one game and Hart is playing well in the run game.

If XSF can play like he did that first game through the rest of the year, I can see Bengals going DL given the lack of pass rush.
I could also see them going WR if they want another starting WR to go along with Boyd and Higgins, and I can see them going CB if they don't re-sign WJ3, especially given Waynes being injured.
Last, if the Bengals aren't confident in their LBs by the end of this season, perhaps they pull the trigger on someone like Parsons (if he's there).

A lot of ways they could go that could make sense, but I'm totally there with you to go OL-OL.
Lot of ways to go for sure... I do think rg is the biggest hole on this team though. We need to build through the trenches. Oline and dline. Lbers we drafted look like budding studs. Wr is a need but not immediate imo. Secondary is solid. Especially when waynes gets back. Oline/dline the way to go in top 3 rounds of draft..... that said man Kyle Pitts would be enticing as all hell.
Reply/Quote