Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is your ideal player selection for 2021 NFL draft?
Based on where I hope the Bengals to be selecting, I would imagine they will be looking long and hard at the top CBs. However, with Ross likely not re-signing, and AJ looking at the club house, I would be spending that pick on another weapon with great vertical speed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 07:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Based on where I hope the Bengals to be selecting, I would imagine they will be looking long and hard at the top CBs.  However, with Ross likely not re-signing, and AJ looking at the club house, I would be spending that pick on another weapon with great vertical speed.

They HAVE to be looking at the best available offensive lineman at this point.  It's been terrible.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 03:01 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: They HAVE to be looking at the best available offensive lineman at this point.  It's been terrible.

I'd like to think there are a handful of good OL options the Bengals could pick from too.

Sewell is the obvious choice if he's available.

Some other names who I've seen mentioned somewhere in the 1st round at some point:
Alex Leatherwood
Walker Little
Sam Cosmi
Jaylen Mayfield
Wyatt Davis
Trey Smith

I wouldn't go the last two if picking in the top 15 (likely), but if the Bengals traded back and wanted a G in the late 1st, I think either of those guys could work.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 04:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'd like to think there are a handful of good OL options the Bengals could pick from too.

Sewell is the obvious choice if he's available.

Some other names who I've seen mentioned somewhere in the 1st round at some point:
Alex Leatherwood
Walker Little
Sam Cosmi
Jaylen Mayfield
Wyatt Davis
Trey Smith

I wouldn't go the last two if picking in the top 15 (likely), but if the Bengals traded back and wanted a G in the late 1st, I think either of those guys could work.

I'm a big fan of Clemson's Jackson Carman. He reminds me of Big Whit.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Gotta go OL, DE or CB with that early pick.

If you don’t go OL round 1, you HAVE to in round 2!
Reply/Quote
Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields — because after what I’ve seen so far of the season there’s going to be nothing left of Joe Burrow.
Reply/Quote
Unless Burrow is literally murdered on the field this season, any choice other than offensive lineman is incorrect.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2020, 12:47 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm a big fan of Clemson's Jackson Carman. He reminds me of Big Whit.

While he's really good, Clemson just doesn't have a great track record of OL doing well in the pros. Their last 3 are:

- John Simpson (drafted this year, 4th round, Raiders). Jury, of course, is still out.
- Taylor Hearn (UDFA from 2018, played 4 games and is out of football). 'nuff said.
- Tyler Shatley (UDFA from 2014, has started a few games here and there for Jags). Is the Jags version of Scott Kooistra, only he plays G rather than T.

Again, I'm not saying Carman can't be a good player in the league, but if I'm drafting someone high from Clemson, it is a defensive player or a WR and I'll try and snag OL 3rd round or later.

EDIT*** Just revisiting this now; if not for the fact that Sewell is BEYOND dominant, a sure thing and a complete force at OT, I would've shied away from him as well, as Oregon has similarly not produced a good Olineman since, well, ever lol. Ok fine, Max Unger in 2009, but that's it (Kyle Long was NEVER good and only got by on his name; I still can't believe he made 3 PBs...).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
It's offensive line help, for me, unless you're going to spend in free agency. I think you can find WR value later on and you'll have Higgins, Boyd, and Tate as your top three WRs and you can supplement that group. Corner is obviously a spot to worry about, but I bet we get a Jackson franchise tag and Waynes would be back by then, too.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 04:51 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: While he's really good, Clemson just doesn't have a great track record of OL doing well in the pros. Their last 3 are:

- John Simpson (drafted this year, 4th round, Raiders). Jury, of course, is still out.
- Taylor Hearn (UDFA from 2018, played 4 games and is out of football). 'nuff said.
- Tyler Shatley (UDFA from 2014, has started a few games here and there for Jags). Is the Jags version of Scott Kooistra, only he plays G rather than T.

Again, I'm not saying Carman can't be a good player in the league, but if I'm drafting someone high from Clemson, it is a defensive player or a WR and I'll try and snag OL 3rd round or later.

EDIT*** Just revisiting this now; if not for the fact that Sewell is BEYOND dominant, a sure thing and a complete force at OT, I would've shied away from him as well, as Oregon has similarly not produced a good Olineman since, well, ever lol. Ok fine, Max Unger in 2009, but that's it (Kyle Long was NEVER good and only got by on his name; I still can't believe he made 3 PBs...).

If Jackson Carman went to Ohio State like he was supposed too we would be talking about him as a first round guy right now lol. He's from Fairfield just north of Cincy (good chance he grew up a Bengals fan lol) and was the #1 ranked player in Ohio in 2018. 

Carman is going to be a guy that rises through the draft process.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 01:07 PM)Synric Wrote: If Jackson Carman went to Ohio State like he was supposed too we would be talking about him as a first round guy right now lol. He's from Fairfield just north of Cincy (good chance he grew up a Bengals fan lol) and was the #1 ranked player in Ohio in 2018. 

Carman is going to be a guy that rises through the draft process.

I've kept an eye on him the past year and a bit, but I will watch him even more-intently going forward.

Anyone that Synric says is a good prospect, is a good prospect lol
Reply/Quote
I don't know anyone specific but 12 of our 7 picks should be Oline, IMHO
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 01:24 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I've kept an eye on him the past year and a bit, but I will watch him even more-intently going forward.

Anyone that Synric says is a good prospect, is a good prospect lol

No I'm off just as much as anyone else. For every Frank Ragnow and Braden Smith I have liked I get Cody Fords and Montez Sweats lol.

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 01:37 PM)Synric Wrote: No I'm off just as much as anyone else. For every Frank Ragnow and Braden Smith I have liked I get Cody Fords and Montez Sweats lol.

Sweat's not that bad! Wink
Reply/Quote
I could actually see Kyle Pitts at TE being the pick if the available OL look shaky.
Reply/Quote
Sewell in round 1, follow him with Creed Humphrey in round 2. Do our usual DL in 3rd and get more OG's
Reply/Quote
The need for an OT is so large, I would give up a 2nd to insure we got Sewell.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2020, 01:23 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: The need for an OT is so large, I would give up a 2nd to insure we got Sewell.

If Offensive Tackle was the only position of need I would agree but the Bengals need Defensive Linemen and Offensive Guards just as bad as they need a tackle.

Also I'm hearing this is going to be a very deep Offensive Line draft.

Reply/Quote
Depending on how the cap shakes out next season I would rather spend on a RT then draft one. Would rather go Defensive in the draft.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2020, 01:56 PM)Synric Wrote: If Offensive Tackle was the only position of need I would agree but the Bengals need Defensive Linemen and Offensive Guards just as bad as they need a tackle.

Also I'm hearing this is going to be a very deep Offensive Line draft.

IF we are in the 5-7 range it won't cost THAT much to get him.  I think the need for an OT and him being a generational prospect makes it a no brainer.

Fill in the OG hole in free agency and you can use the rest of the draft to build the team.
Reply/Quote