Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is your ideal player selection for 2021 NFL draft?
If the Bengals could get any player expected to declare for the 2021 NFL draft, who would be your choice?

Mine would be Penei Sewell, OT Oregon. Dude looks to be an absolute stud and would be great to bookend with Jonah Williams.
If they don't keep AJ Green, Ja'Marr Chase (WR LSU) would be real appealing, but I'd still probably go Sewell because of how important the OL is.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd gamble on Gregory Rousseau.

Dunlap and Geno are coming to the end of their contracts and getting up there in age. Carl Lawson is a good 3rd down pass rusher but can't stay healthy, isn't a 3 down player, and also nearing thr end of his rookie contract. Sam Hubbard and Khalid Kareem are the only only sure long term options at the moment. Hubbard is going to be a solid DE for a long time but not a game wrecker and Kareem hasn't even played a down yet.

I think the Bengals will be looking hard at edge rushers in the next draft and Rousseau looks like the real deal.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Sewell (although I hope we’re not picking that high) or Leatherwood.

Reply/Quote
Shaun wade or chris olave(assuming oline plays well). 2 under rated guys that I believe will be there mid-late 20s where we’re picking
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2020, 02:40 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Shaun wade or chris olave(assuming oline plays well). 2 under rated guys that I believe will be there mid-late 20s where we’re picking

Wait...I thought you said Burrow will be a total bust, how will we be picking in the mid 20’s?

Reply/Quote
(06-25-2020, 08:47 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Wait...I thought you said Burrow will be a total bust, how will we be picking in the mid 20’s?

Bust based off where he was drafted he’ll still be a borderline top 10 qb.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2020, 02:40 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Shaun wade or chris olave(assuming oline plays well). 2 under rated guys that I believe will be there mid-late 20s where we’re picking

What gives you that assumption?
The only real upgrade that there is for OL compared to last year is Jonah Williams at OT, and we haven't seen him in the NFL yet.
I think there could be an improvement but I don't see enough improvement to go from 2 wins to playoffs in one offseason.

I think the 5-15 range is more realistic for the Bengals.

Also, I don't think you read the thread properly if you're picking an underrated player you think will be available in the mid-late 20s. 
It isn't about ideal player for where you think the Bengals would be picking, it's about picking your ideal player if you could select anyone.
So basically assuming the Bengals picked first or that your ideal player somehow fell to the Bengals.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-25-2020, 01:11 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Bust based off where he was drafted he’ll still be a borderline top 10 qb.

I don't understand this logic.

If you're a borderline top 10 QB in your career, you're what's expected of a 1st overall pick.
If you achieve that as a rookie, you're probably actually exceeding typical 1st overall draft pick QB expectations.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2020, 11:20 AM)ochocincos Wrote: What gives you that assumption?
The only real upgrade that there is for OL compared to last year is Jonah Williams at OT, and we haven't seen him in the NFL yet.
I think there could be an improvement but I don't see enough improvement to go from 2 wins to playoffs in one offseason.

I think the 5-15 range is more realistic for the Bengals.

Also, I don't think you read the thread properly if you're picking an underrated player you think will be available in the mid-late 20s. 
It isn't about ideal player for where you think the Bengals would be picking, it's about picking your ideal player if you could select anyone.
So basically assuming the Bengals picked first or that your ideal player somehow fell to the Bengals.

Jpoore just wanted to start promoting Ohio State players. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Sewell or Chase. Gosh, Chase, Higgins, and Boyd and maybe Green....very tempting.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I say we go for "Roboman", Roboman is equally skilled and adept at playing any one of the 27 positions in football, including long snapper when asked. Roboman never sits out due to injury, never injects personal opinions into his work, always just performs his duties expertly and efficiently beyond expectations. Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Easily Sewell, and it ain't close for me... though like somebody else said I really hope we're not picking in the top 2.
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2020, 09:11 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: Easily Sewell, and it ain't close for me... though like somebody else said I really hope we're not picking in the top 2.

There's always a chance Sewell falls a bit based on the teams picking that would need a QB. I would expect Lawrence and maybe Fields to go ahead of Sewell. Maybe a defensive stud or Ja'Marr Chase too based on what team is picking. Definitely no guarantee that Sewell goes Top 2. Probably Top 5 though.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
It's hard to narrow it down right now, but I'm leaning towards OL or DL. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Paulson Adebo CB Stanford- long, Athletic, and Physical CB which is perfect for what the Bengals want to do on defense.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
It's really tough to pinpoint who the "ideal" player will be. The team did quite a turnover of talent, early this offseason. We haven't even seen them play together yet, so we really have no idea where our key weaknesses will be. Assuming that they gel into a competitive unit, I'd have to lean toward DE or DT. Not because one of those might be the BPA when we pick, but also noting that Geno and Carlos aren't getting any younger.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Sewell would be my 1st choice echoing what others have said. LB Micah Parsons is kind of a wild card choice, not so far mentioned.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2020, 08:53 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Sewell would be my 1st choice echoing what others have said.  LB Micah Parsons is kind of a wild card choice, not so far mentioned.

I was kind of wondering why no one had mentioned Parsons, but I think the reason is because people are excited about the combo of Pratt, ADG, Wilson, and even Josh Bynes. We'll probably hear more interest in Parsons if/when the Bengals LBs underperform.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Any player? Definitely Sewell.
Reply/Quote
Sewell.

If Jonah Williams pans out at LT and Trey Hopkins continues to grow at C, then with the addition of Sewell at RT we'd be anchored at offensive line.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote