Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is your ideal player selection for 2021 NFL draft?
Ideally? Sewell
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2020, 09:11 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: Easily Sewell, and it ain't close for me... though like somebody else said I really hope we're not picking in the top 2.

same here, would love to  have him but if we land him that means we did terrible this year lol
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I have a feeling that at the end of the year, these want's will change. Who is this Sewell guy you all are going bonkers for up in here? I don't watch college football too much.

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2020, 01:49 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I have a feeling that at the end of the year, these want's will change. Who is this Sewell guy you all are going bonkers for up in here? I don't watch college football too much.

Generational talent OT.

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2020, 01:49 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I have a feeling that at the end of the year, these want's will change. Who is this Sewell guy you all are going bonkers for up in here? I don't watch college football too much.

https://www.nfl.com/news/scouting-oregon-s-penei-sewell-nfl-s-next-great-left-tackle
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

I can't see my opinion changing on this one.  With the state of the talent on the o-line (i.e. Bobby Hart as a starter) I will be be praying that we get a legit stud OT.

The only way we are going to land Sewell is if we have a top 5 pick.  I doubt that happens if we play a full season, but if the season is shortened, 1 losing streak will and you a top 5 pick.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2020, 01:51 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I can't see my opinion changing on this one.  With the state of the talent on the o-line (i.e. Bobby Hart as a starter) I will be be praying that we get a legit stud OT.

The only way we are going to land Sewell is if we have a top 5 pick.  I doubt that happens if we play a full season, but if the season is shortened, 1 losing streak will and you a top 5 pick.

Bobby Hart will finally learn to be pro-bowl caliber this year.  Nervous

I can't.... I just can't even jokingly proclaim that mess.

Reply/Quote
Sewell
Rousseau (sp)
Chase
Wade
2nd cb. I’m not sure if I’m thinking stingley from LSU or someone else. I think stingley is a sophomore this year and not eligible for the draft. It seems like there are two top cbs for next year.
Parsons would be a dark horse pick.

Leatherwood if we’re drafting later.

Given the challenges the bengals will face this year, primarily a rookie an and COVID-19, I won’t mind another high pick next year. I don’t expect a full season either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2020, 03:17 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Sewell
Rousseau (sp)
Chase
Wade
2nd cb. I’m not sure if I’m thinking stingley from LSU or someone else. I think stingley is a sophomore this year and not eligible for the draft. It seems like there are two top cbs for next year.
Parsons would be a dark horse pick.

Leatherwood if we’re drafting later.

Given the challenges the bengals will face this year, primarily a rookie an and COVID-19, I won’t mind another high pick next year. I don’t expect a full season either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sophomores are eligible, depending on their age/years out of HS.

I think he is eligible, but many players like to get that 3rd year in.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2020, 11:20 AM)ochocincos Wrote: What gives you that assumption?
The only real upgrade that there is for OL compared to last year is Jonah Williams at OT, and we haven't seen him in the NFL yet.
I think there could be an improvement but I don't see enough improvement to go from 2 wins to playoffs in one offseason.

I think the 5-15 range is more realistic for the Bengals.

Also, I don't think you read the thread properly if you're picking an underrated player you think will be available in the mid-late 20s. 
It isn't about ideal player for where you think the Bengals would be picking, it's about picking your ideal player if you could select anyone.
So basically assuming the Bengals picked first or that your ideal player somehow fell to the Bengals.

I can see where the O-line may be much improved this year. We get out #1 piick at LT., I expect XFS to be an improvement over Redmond and Price. Jordan should be improved. If Hart continues to improve at tackle, maybe the move big Fred Johnson inside to guard. Price is supposedly finally healthy, so it's time to fish or cut bait. And Adeniji may just have some say in the rotation as well..... So I can picture where with the right lineup, they could vastly improve. But I also realize they could fall flat just as easily. It will be interesting and one of the things I am looking forward to watching.

As for the draft pick, too early to even say. Will our new shiny linebackers work out? Who will get injured? Is the new defensive backfield going to gel? (I think it will easily) Too many questions.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2020, 10:04 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I can see where the O-line may be much improved this year. We get out #1 piick at LT., I expect XFS to be an improvement over Redmond and Price. Jordan should be improved. If Hart continues to improve at tackle, maybe the move big Fred Johnson inside to guard. Price is supposedly finally healthy, so it's time to fish or cut bait. And Adeniji may just have some say in the rotation as well..... So I can picture where with the right lineup, they could vastly improve. But I also realize they could fall flat just as easily. It will be interesting and one of the things I am looking forward to watching.

As for the draft pick, too early to even say. Will our new shiny linebackers work out? Who will get injured? Is the new defensive backfield going to gel? (I think it will easily) Too many questions.

I find it interesting you have more faith in the OL improving than you do LBs.
I guess I'm more optimistic on LBs than OL because I've seen most of this OL perform poorly for multiple years whereas most of the LBs are new.

To your point though, I think it's simply too optimistic to think that both our OL and LBs will all be improved to quality starter status after just one year removed from being bottom barrel. I wouldn't be opposed to Sewell (obviously) but also Parsons if the LBs don't show enough. If both turn around, then WR, DL, or even CB should definitely be on the table. 
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I don't follow as many college teams as the rest of you, but outside of O-line, it would be really nice to see this team take a first round LB that can play 3 downs and cover like Devin White or Devin Bush. Depends on where we pick, but has to be one or two available, maybe Moses from Alabama or Parsons from Penn State.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2020, 07:12 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I don't follow as many college teams as the rest of you, but outside of O-line, it would be really nice to see this team take a first round LB that can play 3 downs and cover like Devin White or Devin Bush. Depends on where we pick, but has to be one or two available, maybe Moses from Alabama or Parsons from Penn State.

If we don’t go OL I’d lean towards CB in the 1st. WJ3 has been a huge disappointment after his promising start. If he does have a bounce back type season maybe go Edge.

I’ve actually been wanting them to go LB in the 1st for years now, but we did just take 3 this year, so I highly doubt that’s happening any time soon.

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2020, 04:58 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If we don’t go OL I’d lean towards CB in the 1st. WJ3 has been a huge disappointment after his promising start. If he does have a bounce back type season maybe go Edge.

I’ve actually been wanting them to go LB in the 1st for years now, but we did just take 3 this year, so I highly doubt that’s happening any time soon.

He's too young, but wouldn't it be something if Stingley was able to come out next year...
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2020, 11:55 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He's too young, but wouldn't it be something if Stingley was able to come out next year...

Don't think he's eligible until the 2022 draft.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2020, 06:04 PM)Synric Wrote: Don't think he's eligible until the 2022 draft.

Correct; but with all the talk of the season being cancelled and players declaring as a result... would be awesome!
Reply/Quote
I would be shocked if this team finished as one of the worst 5 in the NFL. There is far too much veteran talent on the team if they stay healthy.

Micah Parsons would be another guy that I would look at as "ideal" if we aren't drafting top 3-5.
Reply/Quote
Anyone as long as it's with pick 32. LOL
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2020, 02:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If the Bengals could get any player expected to declare for the 2021 NFL draft, who would be your choice?

Mine would be Penei Sewell, OT Oregon. Dude looks to be an absolute stud and would be great to bookend with Jonah Williams.
If they don't keep AJ Green, Ja'Marr Chase (WR LSU) would be real appealing, but I'd still probably go Sewell because of how important the OL is.

IF I was Bengals GM....OK, I'll play the game.  We just drafted Top Pick QB and Top Pick OT year before.  It really depends on who steps up.  Also who is getting too old.  Also did they long term AJ yet, because they used their one time Franchise Tag option.  

As a real manager my Supervisor insisted I never come to him with one solution, but 5 solutions to discuss. 

1. We haven't drafted Defense Top Pick lately. 

2.  Green means Burrow may need another pass target. 

3.  Burrow may need more O Line Blocking

4.  We haven't drafted a Front 7 D player Top Pick in many years. 

5.  IF no College Ball, No Senior Bowl...Trading all 2021 draft picks for 2022 Draft Picks....No Picks in 2021 and 14 or more in 2022. ..No College Ball, Nothing to judge them on, so Trade and Load Up for 2022 Draft. 

Those 5 options I would offer Bengals owners and Coach to consider, discuss.  I'm not locked into any.  These are 5 options.  Injuries may force other options.  
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2020, 04:28 PM)kevin Wrote: IF I was Bengals GM....OK, I'll play the game.  We just drafted Top Pick QB and Top Pick OT year before.  It really depends on who steps up.  Also who is getting too old.  Also did they long term AJ yet, because they used their one time Franchise Tag option.  

As a real manager my Supervisor insisted I never come to him with one solution, but 5 solutions to discuss. 

1. We haven't drafted Defense Top Pick lately. 

2.  Green means Burrow may need another pass target. 

3.  Burrow may need more O Line Blocking

4.  We haven't drafted a Front 7 D player Top Pick in many years. 

5.  IF no College Ball, No Senior Bowl...Trading all 2021 draft picks for 2022 Draft Picks....No Picks in 2021 and 14 or more in 2022. ..No College Ball, Nothing to judge them on, so Trade and Load Up for 2022 Draft. 

Those 5 options I would offer Bengals owners and Coach to consider, discuss.  I'm not locked into any.  These are 5 options.  Injuries may force other options.  

Completely disagree with 5. For those that are draft eligible, you should have 2019 and likely 2018 to go off of. Especially for the 1st round guys, they are in consideration for the 1st round because they've already produced great tape to put them there.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote