Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is your top prospect for each OL position?
(03-05-2019, 06:27 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This is similar to Mike McGlinchey or Ryan Ramzcyk. Williams is a technician just like McGlinchey/Ramczyk and is super well-rounded. He's no longer the shiny new toy after the Combine so some teams/fans will downgrade him because of it. He's still the safest OL in the draft and should be a very good-to-elite player for whomever takes him.

Dillard hit my radar during the senior bowl. I knew from watching him his pass protection was solid but had issues with his power. At the Senior Bowl he showed great hands working them inside to gain leverage and power. 

There is a reason for the process Senior Bowl and the Combine help evaluate players that's why some rise or fall after...its not about the shiny new toy.

If I had to pick another guy I felt is a Left Tackle it would be Yodney Cajuste he has all the size athleticism and length you need at tackle but needs to learn better technique and to trust that technique...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2019, 05:34 PM)Okeana Wrote: Cedric O. All over again.

Not all athletic tackles are ogbuehi. Some turn out to be tyron smith and lane johnson like.

Cant say i have watched a bunch of washington state. But any that i have Dillard is holding it down. What ahould i watch to change my mind on him?

Ogbuehi was bad in college. Dillard wasnt. 
Reply/Quote
LT Dillard
LG J Williams
C Bradbury
RG Ford
RT Taylor
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2019, 07:40 PM)Synric Wrote: Dillard hit my radar during the senior bowl. I knew from watching him his pass protection was solid but had issues with his power. At the Senior Bowl he showed great hands working them inside to gain leverage and power. 

There is a reason for the process Senior Bowl and the Combine help evaluate players that's why some rise or fall after...its not about the shiny new toy.

If I had to pick another guy I felt is a Left Tackle it would be Yodney Cajuste he has all the size athleticism and length you need at tackle but needs to learn better technique and to trust that technique...

I've known of Dillard since before last year's draft because there was a thought he might enter that draft. The same concerns then are the same now: questionable run blocking. He's been a really good pass protector and has good size. With time, Dillard has a good chance to become good in run blocking too, but he may struggle with it a few years.

I guess, for me, I look for the player who is the best right now, and that's Jonah Williams in my eyes. The only limitation on him right now is his arm length, but that didn't stop him from dominating in arguably the best college football conference. I take Jonah Williams as the first OL in this draft 10/10 times.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 10:32 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I've known of Dillard since before last year's draft because there was a thought he might enter that draft. The same concerns then are the same now: questionable run blocking. He's been a really good pass protector and has good size. With time, Dillard has a good chance to become good in run blocking too, but he may struggle with it a few years.

I guess, for me, I look for the player who is the best right now, and that's Jonah Williams in my eyes. The only limitation on him right now is his arm length, but that didn't stop him from dominating in arguably the best college football conference. I take Jonah Williams as the first OL in this draft 10/10 times.

Agree, Like Dillard love Williams. 
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2019, 09:47 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Not all athletic tackles are ogbuehi. Some turn out to be tyron smith and lane johnson like.

Cant say i have watched a bunch of washington state. But any that i have Dillard is holding it down. What ahould i watch to change my mind on him?

Ogbuehi was bad in college. Dillard wasnt. 

Ogbuehi's only spot in college he wasn't bad at was OG. I still think he needs to go ahead and make that switch if he's going to have any success in the NFL.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 10:32 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I've known of Dillard since before last year's draft because there was a thought he might enter that draft. The same concerns then are the same now: questionable run blocking. He's been a really good pass protector and has good size. With time, Dillard has a good chance to become good in run blocking too, but he may struggle with it a few years.

(03-06-2019, 10:37 AM)Au165 Wrote: Agree, Like Dillard love Williams. 

I still think Jonah William's is the top offensive line prospect...just as a guard. I'm not the only one.

On a side note after hearing Jim Turner talk what he wants in a linemen Jonah Williams isnt likely to be on that list.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2019, 05:34 PM)Okeana Wrote: Cedric O. All over again.

Based on what?

Almost every college OL that go pro have the same need to bulk up.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2019, 05:49 PM)Okeana Wrote: His entire career at Alabama he was a tackle.  started the first year at RT then rest at LT and never missed a single game.  Why would he be projected as a better guard than tackle when he's consistently been one of the best starting tackles and only played that position his entire college career.  BTW I totally respect you and others have differing opinions, but I find it awful strange that not a peep about Dillard the last 3 months and Jeremiah says it now its a thing.  

Probably not heard much about Dillard because:
A) Bengals pick a little high for him, but with combine now, he might have improved his stock.
B) Dillard won't make it to our 2nd pick.
C) Chance that Jonah won't even be there when its our pick, but if he's there I'm taking him and seeing if he can be our LT for the next 10 years.

This is why mocks are always crazy. until the draft actually happens, we have no idea how it's gonna go, but if we have Jonah in rd 1 and dillard make it to day two, I'm doing what ever I can to get Dillard and let the best man win LT and consolation is RT.

I know we need a LB in the worst way, but to me FA is where we can use to give us another year or two to fix that.

Right now we need in the first an OL that will be solid for 10 years, round 2 I'd love for us to take Mack Wilson and kinda address that position earlier too.
Reply/Quote