Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre-Preseason Depth Chart??
I probably haven't paid enough attention and/or cared enough about the pre-preseason depth chart Hobson put up on the website but what I have to believe/hope is that Lewis is using this depth chart to motivate the rookies to win positions?

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Depth-chart-at-a-glance-and-grain-of-salt-/f77fc802-6dd9-499f-9a95-c18a554070a6
Reply/Quote
It is the yearly, "years in NFL" list. I wouldn't read too much into it.
Reply/Quote
Just like Hobspin says - grain of salt. I wouldn't try and read to much into it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What tickles me is, Hobson makes the comment that Lewis doesn't see it as a depth chart, then why put it in writing? If it's not a depth chart, then it can only be assumed he put it down as a motivator.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2017, 04:46 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: What tickles me is, Hobson makes the comment that Lewis doesn't see it as a depth chart, then why put it in writing?  If it's not a depth chart, then it can only be assumed he put it down as a motivator.

I think the team has to by NFL rules because this is a "game" week.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2017, 04:46 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: What tickles me is, Hobson makes the comment that Lewis doesn't see it as a depth chart, then why put it in writing?  If it's not a depth chart, then it can only be assumed he put it down as a motivator.

(08-08-2017, 04:49 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think the team has to by NFL rules because this is a "game" week.

What Au said. If the league didn't require a weekly depth chart, Marvin would never make one.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote