Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Investment companies that "do better when you do better"
I see this advertising pitch and it is a bit of a scam.

1.  Doesn't matter if the advisor/broker makes money on sales commission up front or based on your earnings.  What matters is the total amount they end up taking.  They could "do better when you do better" by taking a lot higher commission on your earnings than they would have out of your initial investment.

2.  When you near retirement, or when you child starts college, or whatever your investment goal is you should move your money from higher risk growth investments to lower risk investments that have lower returns.  If a broker/advisors income is based on your returns then they might push you to stay in higher risk investments to insure their income instead of considering your investment goals.
Reply/Quote
Invest in poppy seeds, grow those lovely red and purple flowers and let em go to seed at the end of the season among other things..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 04:01 PM)grampahol Wrote: Invest in poppy seeds, grow those lovely red and purple flowers and let em go to seed at the end of the season among other things..

My wife has hear me complain about this (we do better when you do better BS) everytime that commercial comes on
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 08:37 PM)kalibengal Wrote: My wife has hear me complain about this (we do better when you do better BS) everytime that commercial comes on

You complain about poppy seeds? Next time you're in severe uncontrollable pain get back to me on that.. Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote