Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who makes the single greatest impact on this year's team?
Carl Lawson will have a big impact if starting on the blindside, but I gotta go with Joe Mixon
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'll wait for the season to get going. For all we know there may still be an undrafted player lurking under the media's radar.. Until the pads go on and they're playing against other teams in real football it's just speculation and guessing. Every season around this point in the season the well known names usually get the press. The undrafted nobodies are barely mentioned. 
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2018, 12:09 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Too many new players in the right spots now and new coaches. It'll be hard to just pinpoint one.
I'll go with Dalton. He's going to have an All Pro record breaking year, with all his toys healthy and improved protection, no reason why he shouldn't have a great year.

if the O-line gives A.D. time he will put up huge #'s....
especially w/ Mixon & Gio running the ball well....

I considered Dalton but i'm going / Mixon.....
I think he's going to really shine this year....1,100 yards..?
on the ground...
400 receiving....?
Reply/Quote
Has to be Dalton. You just said greatest single impact, well he can play like a top 5 franchise QB with protection or he can kill any chance of this team going anywhere with mediocre play. Both would have a great impact. So he would be my choice.
Reply/Quote
Has to be Pollock for me.
If he fixes the O-Line then everything else falls into space, Lanes open up for the RB's & Dalton gets more time in the pocket.
If he doesn't then we have another season like last year
Reply/Quote
Burfict.

The leader of the defense. We are a whole different animal when he is out there. He also seems to be the only one who gets in the head of the entire Steelers organization who we have to knock off the top spot in the division.

Sure he is going to miss 4 games. But if he is healthy and on the field that means there is a very good chance the defense plays well and keeps us in reach of winning any game
Reply/Quote
not who?..if the offensive line plays well..this team from top to bottom will be far superior than what we saw the last two years

so..its Glenn, Bolling, Price , westerman? and Fisher
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2018, 12:30 AM)JWW1971 Wrote: Has to be Pollock for me.
If he fixes the O-Line then everything else falls into space, Lanes open up for the RB's & Dalton gets more time in the pocket.
If he doesn't then we have another season like last year

agreed..plus the defense spends less time on the field
Reply/Quote
whomever fired Alexander is the hero..getting that assistant head coach, Paul Browns unofficial spy and psuedo family member was the best move
Reply/Quote
Lazor.....no lazor - no Pollack, van pelt, alexander stays, glenn probably does not arrive and no stimulus for real change and optimism on the offense
Reply/Quote
I'll say John Ross. Getting solid WR production out of him obviously opens up AJ and makes Andy's job even easier. Obviously we need the OL to give Andy the time to make throws. I expect Mixon to continue on an upwards trajectory and Eifert to stay healthy (ok...I HOPE he does) but having a legit threat across from AJ will really open up this offense.
Reply/Quote
wait for it......................................Marvin Lewis.

I think Marvin will finally get us over the hill. I think he really wants to win that elusive playoff game and with the new coaching staff and draft he is reinvigorated and motivated to change his ways to win beyond his past successes.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2018, 10:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Carl Lawson will have a big impact if starting on the blindside, but I gotta go with Joe Mixon

Yeah, if we are going skill player i think Mixon will have a huge year this year with Pollack's new line.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2018, 10:48 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Frank Pollack.

If he can fix the line and at least make it serviceable, this team could go far.

100% this

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I'm going to go with Dalton. If he has a season like he's capable of, this team should go far, given all the other changes.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2018, 12:29 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: wait for it......................................Marvin Lewis.

I think Marvin will finally get us over the hill.  I think he really wants to win that elusive playoff game and with the new coaching staff and draft he is reinvigorated and motivated to change his ways to win beyond his past successes.
You know .as much as Marvin has pissed off all of Bengaldom over the years is there anyone who doesn't hope he can still pull it off and lead us to the promised land before he retires?  I certainly hope he can and gets the level of respect he really does deserve. On the other hand if he never does then he'll get the level of respect he deserves . I'm pretty sure he's more annoyed by his own failures than anyone else.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2018, 12:29 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: wait for it......................................Marvin Lewis.

I think Marvin will finally get us over the hill. I think he really wants to win that elusive playoff game and with the new coaching staff and draft he is reinvigorated and motivated to change his ways to win beyond his past successes.

Interesting. Would love to see aggressiveness from him. Maybe the new coaches will help change that.

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2018, 10:31 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Interesting. Would love to see aggressiveness from him. Maybe the new coaches will help change that.

At some point, the leopard has to try and change his spots or he is still the same damn conservative leopard.  I was very encouraged by Hue's ability to be more aggressive on offense.  Here is to hoping Lazor carries that torch.  He did a yeoman's job last year with changing the blocking scheme mid-season and proving his way was better, leading to the dismissal of Alexander.  If he can find a way to keep that going, get the most out of guys like Ross and Malone, he will be an incredible find.  

Mike Brown doesn't get credit for a lot of things, but having Lazor on the staff already was brilliant.  
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2018, 11:46 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I'm going with Ross. Will he lead the NFL in any stats, no, but AJ might just because of the fact Ross is on the field. Which will also open up the the running game for Mixon and Gio.

I am going with MR. Andy Dalton,he is going to  have  a stud year.As they say in Nam,COME GET YA SOME.WHO-DEY !!!!!
Reply/Quote
More and more and more slobbering over Pollack. It’s hard to find a thread that someone isn’t in love with the guy. Honestly, how can he fail? The line will automatically be better just from the better players that they’ve added. Outside of a couple of injuries, there’s no chance that the line won’t get better regardless of who the coach is. With the amount of praise this guy gets on a daily basis, this should easily be a top 5 line.
Reply/Quote