Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who on this board has played in the NFL?
Just curious who here if anyone has actually played in the NFL for any period of time? Division 1? If so offense/defense position?
Reply/Quote
I had a very brief stint in the league. A "cup of coffee" if you will. It was in 2000, during the strike. I was a replacement, better known as a scab. For anyone curious, I played in Washington (Sentinels).

Really cool experience. The pay wasn't bad but we got a lotta hate from the players union. It was worth it though. Got to play with Shane Falco, who is a really great guy and better teammate. Became friends with a lot of different characters. We even had a Scottish kicker and Japanese sumo wrestler! What a blast!
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 01:28 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I had a very brief stint in the league. A "cup of coffee" if you will. It was in 2000, during the strike. I was a replacement, better known as a scab. For anyone curious, I played in Washington (Sentinels).

Really cool experience. The pay wasn't bad but we got a lotta hate from the players union. It was worth it though. Got to play with Shane Falco, who is a really great guy and better teammate. Became friends with a lot of different characters. We even had a Scottish kicker and Japanese sumo wrestler!  What a blast!
Wasn't Gene Hackman the coach ?
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 01:28 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I had a very brief stint in the league. A "cup of coffee" if you will. It was in 2000, during the strike. I was a replacement, better known as a scab. For anyone curious, I played in Washington (Sentinels).

Really cool experience. The pay wasn't bad but we got a lotta hate from the players union. It was worth it though. Got to play with Shane Falco, who is a really great guy and better teammate. Became friends with a lot of different characters. We even had a Scottish kicker and Japanese sumo wrestler!  What a blast!

Funny, I worked as a jailer in Washington back in 2000. Remember a bunch of replacement players coming in after a drunken bar room brawl. Seemed like decent guys, especially after they burst into a surprisingly good choreographed rendition of "I Will Survive". What followed however has scarred me forever. The entire team stripped nude and engaged in an orgy in front of us shocked guards. We tried pepper spray, tasers, fire hoses, hell we even brought in a K9 unit. Everything we tried failed. We eventually gave up and just waited outside until everyone finished. 

Shockingly after that disgusting display of Roman debauchery in my cell, those fellas really gelled as a team. Whatever they did in that jailhouse worked, and boy did they come together.

Sometimes I hear fans complain that such and such team they root for lacks chemistry and I will ask, "You think they've ever considered an entire team orgy?" You get strange looks, but I've seen first hand what it does for a team, especially when mixed with a very intricate and rehearsed dance beforehand. Zac, if you're on this board, if it worked for Falco and the boys it just may work for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
https://media.giphy.com/media/yZ2FSn86bf2co/giphy.gif
Reply/Quote

Caught out in a blatant lie - the kicker was Welsh! (and wiry). ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
College basketball.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I slept at a Holiday Inn once??
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
When I was a teenager a friend and I snuck into a NFL reception after a charity ceremony and hung out/ate with players.  James Lofton even greeted us and allowed us in at the door.  Does that count?
Reply/Quote
I still keep expecting to be drafted in the 4th or 5th round every year. They can't deny my talent for a 30th year, can they?
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
John Stofa was a member on the mother ship back in 05,06. I think we have a couple who played some college ball. Sunset was in semi-pro I think ?
Reply/Quote
Nope. Played HS basketball and golf. College...fraternity football and bowling...lol.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 10:03 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: John Stofa was a member on the mother ship back in 05,06. I think we have a couple who played some college ball. Sunset was in semi-pro I think ?

That he was.

For Stofa, wasn't it just someone using his name? lol
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 10:17 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: That he was.

For Stofa, wasn't it just someone using his name? lol

I wondered that myself ? Joe from flo seemed convinced he was the real deal. Stofa didn't post much and I don't really remember being blown away by his insight.

Perhaps it was Denny ?  Hilarious

No I don't think Denny was on the board until maybe 07 ? not sure
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 02:25 AM)Brimey Wrote: Funny, I worked as a jailer in Washington back in 2000. Remember a bunch of replacement players coming in after a drunken bar room brawl. Seemed like decent guys, especially after they burst into a surprisingly good choreographed rendition of "I Will Survive". What followed however has scarred me forever. The entire team stripped nude and engaged in an orgy in front of us shocked guards. We tried pepper spray, tasers, fire hoses, hell we even brought in a K9 unit. Everything we tried failed. We eventually gave up and just waited outside until everyone finished. 

Shockingly after that disgusting display of Roman debauchery in my cell, those fellas really gelled as a team. Whatever they did in that jailhouse worked, and boy did they come together.

Sometimes I hear fans complain that such and such team they root for lacks chemistry and I will ask, "You think they've ever considered an entire team orgy?" You get strange looks, but I've seen first hand what it does for a team, especially when mixed with a very intricate and rehearsed dance beforehand. Zac, if you're on this board, if it worked for Falco and the boys it just may work for the Bengals.

Interesting.

You know, I have often felt that if the players had something rammed up their butts, some of them might actually play better. Of course, I was thinking more in terms of a foot. But I suppose sexual genitalia could have the same effect.

You may be on to something here. ThumbsUp
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 10:22 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I wondered that myself ? Joe from flo seemed convinced he was the real deal. Stofa didn't post much and I don't really remember being blown away by his insight.

Perhaps it was Denny ?  Hilarious

No I don't think Denny was on the board until maybe 07 ? not sure

lol, Denny never had aliases LOL

Then again, if JoeFlo said it, he was usually on point.

Denny came on in '06 IIRC, but not 100% on that.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I played high school ball with Alan Wenglikowski.  He kept his weight down to wrestle and run track in high school and played safety/RB.  He went to Pitt (when Marino was there); bulked up to 230 and started at DE/OLB opposite Chris Doleman.  He was drafted by Kansas City; slimmed back down to about 215 and stuck around for a few years as a special teams player with the Chiefs and Bills.

I played college ball at Carson Newman.  It was a very small school, but they had a legendary coach in Ken Sparks.  He won 339 games, made the playoffs 22 times, played in 8 championship games, and won 4.  While there I played with Van Williams, a RB who played for the Bills and Giants, and Boyce Green who was the Browns leading rusher in 1984 and later played for the Seahawks and Chiefs.

I was a good high school player (LB), but I was just not motivated in college.  It was not as much fun, and I realized that college was going to be about classwork instead of football for me.  I was actually able to set a couple of team records, but they involved masturbation and bong hits, so I transfered to a larger school (UT-Chattanooga) to finish my undergraduate degree.
Reply/Quote
In high school I faced a defensive end that had a full ride to Louisville my junior year. I got woke.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 10:00 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I still keep expecting to be drafted in the 4th or 5th round every year. They can't deny my talent for a 30th year, can they?

You need to keep working on your blocking until you become elite.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I work with a couple of guys that had stints in the nfl during the 90's. One with Seattle and played in NFL Europe and the other played for the Falcons. One used to be an offensive tackle so I kid with him about going to try out for the Bengals and help shore up the line.
Reply/Quote