Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who on this board has played in the NFL?
(10-15-2019, 12:16 AM)hoosierbengal Wrote: Just curious who here if anyone has actually played in the NFL for any period of time? Division 1? If so offense/defense pos
I was a defensive lineman for the bears in the 80's. I also wrestled in the WCW in the 90's
Reply/Quote
If I were a Bengal player and I read this board, I would sign up and troll the living crap out of everyone. I would call everyone out for their lack of real insider knowledge. Thats just me though. I'm not an NFL player, so I'll just keep posting my hopes of a Bengal SB.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 02:12 PM)bengaloo Wrote: If I were a Bengal player and I read this board, I would sign up and troll the living crap out of everyone. I would call everyone out for their lack of real insider knowledge. Thats just me though. I'm not an NFL player, so I'll just keep posting my hopes of a Bengal SB.

Do you think practice squad players have enough time to post on these boards regularly? We should try to get them to be apart of the boards. Give us somewhat of an insider presence. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 02:16 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Do you think practice squad players have enough time to post on these boards regularly? We should try to get them to be apart of the boards. Give us somewhat of an insider presence. 

If I were one and did have time I would. But thats just me, Id use the negative talk as fuel. Folks like John Ross may let it get to his head, so I hope he stays away lol.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 01:53 PM)WhoDey Wrote: I was a defensive lineman for the bears in the 80's. I also wrestled in the WCW in the 90's

Mongo!

"Bobby, don't judge me by your limitations!"
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 02:16 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Do you think practice squad players have enough time to post on these boards regularly? We should try to get them to be apart of the boards. Give us somewhat of an insider presence. 

Based on most of our players performances, they have plenty of time to post on these boards since they're not out there practicing to get better.
Reply/Quote
I always wanted to play for the NFL, the nyphomaniac f**king league.. Now I'm basically too old. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 01:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This.

It would be like an adult going on a middle school message board for relationship advice. 

They have those and law enforcement tends to frown on those types..  

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Disappointed nobody has yet claimed to be Who Dey or at least some obscure college mascot.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 04:21 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Disappointed nobody has yet claimed to be Who Dey or at least some obscure college mascot.

I thought about it, but a Sinclair Community College Tartan doesn't sound overly exciting.. Go Tartans.. yey..

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 09:40 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I beat Carlos Snow in track. Not sure if anyone remembers him. He was kinda a big deal back in the day. Went on to play for The Ohio State Buckeyes. Then blew his knee out and other issues with his hip.

I ran track back around 1974 or thereabouts and ran against the world record holder in the 100 yards (before it became metric) from Trottwood/Madison and lost by a half step. He had a great first step then kind of slowed a tad. I had a slow first step and got faster as I ran.. Too bad it wasn't metric now that I think about it..

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 04:48 PM)grampahol Wrote: I thought about it, but a Sinclair Community College Tartan doesn't sound overly exciting.. Go Tartans.. yey..

I like their sauce.

Wait ...  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I had a school buddy that won a Super Bowl. Brian Young. We were both military kids at FT Bliss in El Paso. I haven’t seen him or spoken to him since high school but it was cool to watch him win a championship. He’s an nfl position coach now which is pretty amazing too.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
Funny thread, had to bump it and no never played pro ball.

I was a good basketball player in High School though according to everybody. Can shoot.
Reply/Quote
I played football until I was kicked out of the league for unnecessary roughness. I then became a stuntman until I joined a special forces unit where I dedicated my life to fight the evil C.O.B.R.A.. My current commander Sgt. Slaughter calls me Red Dog, but I like to be called by a more dubious name..Steve
Reply/Quote
I never was on an active game day roster in the NFL, but a few years ago at Thanksgiving, I was playing touch football with my cousins and I made a couple nice plays.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 09:40 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I beat Carlos Snow in track. Not sure if anyone remembers him. He was kinda a big deal back in the day. Went on to play for The Ohio State Buckeyes. Then blew his knee out and other issues with his hip.

Yes I remember him! Played for Cape didn’t he? I thought at that time he was a future NFL player.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 05:17 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I like their sauce.

Wait ...  Mellow

Ya freakin' goober. He's talking about that stuff that builds up on your teeth when you don't brush them. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
My boss went to school/was friends/grew up with Brian Pillman. 

So i was basically || <---that close to being on an NFL roster. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 11:54 PM)hoosierbengal Wrote: Yes I remember him! Played for Cape didn’t he? I thought at that time he was a future NFL player.

Yes, a lot of people felt the same way.
Reply/Quote