Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who plays music?
A song I wrote and recorded with a band that disbanded 10+ years ago started getting used on instagram posts and I ain't making much on it, but it's nice to get some checks rolling in. It's more amusing than anything else since I wrote the song in 5 minutes and it's completely sarcastic and people are using it sincerely. Good ol' music.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2021, 05:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: A song I wrote and recorded with a band that disbanded 10+ years ago started getting used on instagram posts and I ain't making much on it, but it's nice to get some checks rolling in.  It's more amusing than anything else since I wrote the song in 5 minutes and it's completely sarcastic and people are using it sincerely.  Good ol' music.

How does it work in regards to getting paid?  Are they able to make sure no one can use it without paying royalites or getting a copyright strike?
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2021, 06:17 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: How does it work in regards to getting paid?  Are they able to make sure no one can use it without paying royalites or getting a copyright strike?

As I made albums from 2006 to recently I've registered thrm through CD baby and just authorized them to put it wherever, unpaid or otherwise.  Lots of unpaid or ultra small royalties in there. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2021, 05:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is sweet Sled. A lot of Taylor's lol

What year is your Les Paul? PRS are fun to play, just too expensive for me at the moment, same with authentic Les Paul's.
Both the Gibson's are 2014s with the 120th Anniversary inlay in the fingerboard. The LP is what was marketed as a "Studio Pro", which is the studio model with a couple of extras. I got it in the Tobacco Burst. The SG is red. The PRS is an S2 Custom so, none of them are extremely expensive, relatively speaking against a Standard LP or a PRS Custom. But, they are all extremely playable. The Blacktop Strat was the least expensive of the bunch, and out of all my electrics and acoustics it is probably my favorite to play with the maple neck. My acoustics are where most of my money went. I learned to stay out of the high end room at the music store. Every time I go in there now and the owner says, "Hey, you ought to go in and play that new.....", I just run.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2021, 09:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Both the Gibson's are 2014s with the 120th Anniversary inlay in the fingerboard. The LP is what was marketed as a "Studio Pro", which is the studio model with a couple of extras. I got it in the Tobacco Burst. The SG is red. The PRS is an S2 Custom so, none of them are extremely expensive, relatively speaking against a Standard LP or a PRS Custom. But, they are all extremely playable. The Blacktop Strat was the least expensive of the bunch, and out of all my electrics and acoustics it is probably my favorite to play with the maple neck. My acoustics are where most of my money went. I learned to stay out of the high end room at the music store. Every time I go in there now and the owner says, "Hey, you ought to go in and play that new.....", I just run.

Nice.  Cool Those are all great guitars IMO. What is nice about the Strats is they are so versatile but I really dig when I can get a 
chance to play a Les Paul or a PRS, two of my favorite guitars ever. Completely understand running, too easy to fall in love with 
some of those top end geets. Then, once you fall in love with one you just cannot get her out of your head.
Reply/Quote