Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's Calling the Shots for the Bengals? Hint: It's a 5-headed Monster
I'm staying optimistic for now, hoping that ZT can work some magic and overcome. But it's pretty obvious Mike Brown is still the HMFIC.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Troy, Katie, Paul and Mike all seem like they want to be HC's.

They need to get out of the way and let Zac really run the show. There's no need to meet daily. Just like I thought it was odd MB made Marvin rewatch the game with him every Monday. These coaches don't need them. They are a bunch of failures dragging this team down.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2019, 11:31 AM)jj22 Wrote: Troy, Katie, Paul and Mike all seem like they want to be HC's.

They need to get out of the way and let Zac really run the show. There's no need to meet daily. Just like I thought it was odd MB made Marvin rewatch the game with him every Monday. These coaches don't need them. They are a bunch of failures dragging this team down.

Agreed. The groupthink is going to totally kill the infusion of new ideas that we should be getting.

As Taylor was mediocre as OC with the Dolphins and at the U of Cincy...I doubt he's some great coach that can overcome this all.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2019, 02:50 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Mike Brown- so hows the roster looking
Taylor - hmm we still don’t have a linebacker that can cover or a right tackle
Troy - we will sign Hart he was stellar last year
Kate - and re sign Brown he had one int last year n was injured all year
Taylor - they both were subpar last year when I rewatched the tape
Troy - we will give them both 21 million dollar contracts then
Mike Brown - yes , fans will love these huge dollar signings no longer say I’m cheap
Taylor - Dalton kinda sucks, a high school QB can do a better job leading this team
Mike Brown - Fred Toast n bake n shake say Dalton is irreplaceable and if you give him a pro bowl running back , wide receivers, TE , Whit, Zeitler , Martin , Faneca n Big Willie  n a third WR like Antonio Brown Dalton can lead this team to the first round of the playoffs !!!  He is not the problem.
Taylor - remember when he fumbled in the playoffs against the Chargers by diving with no one around n he lost the ball
Troy - sign him to billion dollar contract ASAP !!!!!!

So you are admitting that the Bengals front office is so great at acquiring talent that they can have a high school level QB compile the sixth highest QB rating for a season since 2015.

I did not realize you were so impressed with them.
Reply/Quote
Some of you are so ******' jaded that it's pitiful...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 09:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Not really a simple answer:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Who is Paul?
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 10:39 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Why would this group need to meet every day when they rarely make decisions? This sounds like a meeting just to have a meeting, paralysis by analysis. These are useless business people if they need to do this.

I can see it every morning, ZT summoned in front of the jury of 4!  "Okay Zac, what did you accomplish yesterday"?  "How does that fit into the guidelines we established 1991"?  Zac then reaches out his hands and the Grand Pupa smacks them with a ruler.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2019, 09:48 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Who is Paul?

I think Mike Browns brother Paul. He's an executive but doesn't get mentioned much.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2019, 09:48 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Who is Paul?

Paul is the Walrus.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 11:30 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Paul is the Walrus.

Hilarious LMAO Tongue
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2019, 01:58 PM)jason Wrote: Some of you are so ******' jaded that it's pitiful...

A lot of truth there. It seems everyone is an expert on how to run an NFL franchise these days.... Maybe I missed that class in Jr High...
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 01:51 PM)sandwedge Wrote: A lot of truth there. It seems everyone is an expert on how to run an NFL franchise these days.... Maybe I missed that class in Jr High...

The reasons we are jaded are quite obvious. As long as the BHCF is in charge, there is no reason for worthless hope
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2019, 01:52 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: The reasons we are jaded are quite obvious. As long as the BHCF is in charge, there is no reason for worthless hope

After 27+ wins of 0 playoff wins + the same small scouting staff + the same free agency strategy...isn't it rational to be jaded? The people that have hope that next season will be the one we go to the Super Bowl are the irrational ones.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2019, 09:48 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: After 27+ wins of 0 playoff wins + the same small scouting staff + the same free agency strategy...isn't it rational to be jaded? The people that have hope that next season will be the one we go to the Super Bowl are the irrational ones.

Yeah, we are the irrational ones.. We cry and complain in every post about what the Bengals should do or didn't do. A rational person would realize they have no clue what the Bengals organization has in it's plans for building this team. The small scouting staff is old and a very outdated argument that has been debunked many times over..
Reply/Quote
You have to give the new coach at least 2 years and two drafts before any conclusions can be drawn. He has walked into a very difficult situation.

Our best players are pushing 30 or older, and there are too many holes on the roster.

The talent is not even close to the top AFC teams.

We are headed for fourth place in AFC north even if Belichick was our coach.
Reply/Quote
No way they are meeting everyday physically.
Duke and ZT have been on the road a lot, combines, pro-days etc.

They might meet via Video chat, and they should be, it's a busy time for getting ready for the draft. We need every pick to count, so info has to be shared in order to build a big board.

And Every coach re-watches the previous game. It's how you learn who is/isn't doing their assignments correctly and get that addressed. And any coach that doesn't re-watch the games is not a coach I would want on my staff.

Crazy people, Belichick watches every single game. He's been known to start watching them as early as 4 AM on the next day!
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 01:51 PM)sandwedge Wrote: A lot of truth there. It seems everyone is an expert on how to run an NFL franchise these days.... Maybe I missed that class in Jr High...

I don't suppose you think the NFL players who have elected to flee from this franchise and Mike Brown knew enough about football to doubt Mike Brown, do ya?
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2019, 08:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't suppose you think the NFL players who have elected to flee from this franchise and Mike Brown knew enough about football to doubt Mike Brown, do ya?

Nah. 27+ years of no playoff wins is just a rough patch.

We've won more than 8 games exactly 7 times since 1991. We've won 4 or less games since 1991 9 times. We've been under .500 17 times since 1991.

Model Model baby! Stay the course!
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 11:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: 1. How does the process in free agency work with a franchise like Cincinnati?

"We sit down and talk about our roster in and out. What is best for us? What do you think? What do you think? ‘OK we like this guy, let’s pursue this guy.’ It has been as clear and open communication as I’ve ever been around. I’ve got a ton or respect for (Bengals player personnel director) Duke (Tobin) and his staff. They are diligent workers. Tireless. It’s been a really fun process for the whole coaching staff. There’s no egos involved. That’s the key. Everyone can say how they feel. Have an open discussion about it and then proceed accordingly. That’s been really fun to go through with Duke and his staff."

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2019/03/26/cincinnati-bengals-zac-taylor-nfl-owners-meetings-andy-dalton-bobby-hart/3283660002/

Wow! The perception from the outside is more like this:

"We sit down and talk about our team, then we are given a free agent budget and maximum contract sizes, then we are given a value for our own free agents and if anyone else offers more than our value then we'll just pretend they were never here, then we are given a list of players Mike Brown prefers because they've been cut by other teams or are our own cheaper free agents or guys who are desperate enough to sign a one year prove it deal, then, with that microscopically short list of players we bring them in, kick their shins and see if they holler and we sign them if their agent hasn't warded them off and they actually agree to come play here and not bad mouth Mike Brown."

I didn't just make that up, by the way. I just noted down the team's actions that we witness year after year. It's all too predictable.

Reply/Quote

It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to look around at the 31 other NFL teams, see that there's a difference in how the Bengals operate, see our lack of success, and figure out that there must be some correlation.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote