Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's Going To The Game?! What Are You Doing Pre-Game?!
(12-31-2022, 01:33 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'll be watching from home. Not sure what I will make pregame....either wings, skyline or maybe order a pizza

Same. Nice, boring and QUIET …just the way I like it, so I can focus on the game.

Ditto on food choices too lol.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 10:17 PM)Whacked Wrote: Same. Nice, boring and QUIET …just the way I like it, so I can focus on the game.

Ditto on food choices too lol.

And when you walk into the bathroom you're not dragging your shoe laces across urine puddles.  Usually.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 12:53 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: This might be the saddest thread I have ever  read

It started out so promising. 

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I’ll be there 4 hours before game. That is when parking lot 1 opens. Drinking and eating. Who Dey
Reply/Quote
I'll be there in spirit. Just look for some grumpy old bastard pissed off at some drunk young punk who spilled beer on him and think of me.  Otherwise I'll be screwing around with the antenna trying to find the game on TV till I give up and find some feed online.  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I was going but me and my fiance scheduled a trip to Vietnam.... so I'll be watching Tuesday morning football LOL

Get me a W for the ones going :)
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 08:40 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Never did any tailgating, but it was still a full day.  I'd leave the house at about 10 and not get back home until 5:30-6, a seven-plus hour day.  Now I can get all manner of stuff done on a Sunday morning, watch the game, and get a few more things done if I want.  Primetime games were always the worst because it was hard to find someone as dedicated as me to go on a work night.   

This ableist promises you that he never once bought tickets in that section.  But, I must admit that once, just after the gates opened, I did walk over there and have a look at that section.  Those are nice seats with a great height/angle on the field.  

Much appreciated! You’re my dude!

One dude on here got on here and bragged about buying tickets in the crippled section even though he’s an ableist.

They’re the best seats in the place but I’d rather not need them!
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2023, 05:19 AM)QueenCity Wrote: I was going but me and my fiance scheduled a trip to Vietnam.... so I'll be watching Tuesday morning football LOL

Get me a W for the ones going :)

Holy shit, I thought they stopped drafting people in the 70's!  Have you considered a move to Canada?
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2023, 08:28 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Much appreciated! You’re my dude!

One dude on here got on here and bragged about buying tickets in the crippled section even though he’s an ableist.

They’re the best seats in the place but I’d rather not need them!

My son and I watched the end of the KC game in an empty disabled section on the club level. He had an untimely request for a restroom break, and it was the closest view when he got finished.  It was not occupied and I have to say it was pretty nice.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2023, 12:05 PM)samhain Wrote: Holy shit, I thought they stopped drafting people in the 70's!  Have you considered a move to Canada?

LOL - just a vacation I'll be back in a couple weeks... unfortunally will also miss the home playoff game Sad
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 12:21 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I plan on weeping openly pre-game.

Every time the Bills and Bengals played, I'd meet up with a friend of mine.

She passed just before Christmas.

I still haven't emotionally processed it outside of an outburst of rage when my tattoo artist cancelled our appointment due to weather and when I broke down crying listening to a song that reminded me of her.
So sorry, BPK.  If you're a believer, He has promised to dry every tear.  Regardless, hold on to your memories.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 11:09 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Reservations at Ruby's for pregame meal, then tailgating in lot 1, bouncing around between street party and the different tailgate scenes. If I see you rolling around, I'm going cow tipping!

I'm kidding! I would love to say hey and meet you!

Ruby's, damn. High roller!  Enjoy that steak.

I hit JR's with the wife on special occasions but I do my pre-gaming at Plum Street Cafe.  Definite dive bar with good, cheap burgers served with Grippo's, which is about as Cincinnati as it gets.  People are cool and the beer is cold.  Brad, it gets pretty crowded and you might have trouble maneuvering.  Then again, you're hell on wheels and you can make your own space.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2023, 12:52 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Ruby's, damn. High roller!  Enjoy that steak.

I hit JR's with the wife on special occasions but I do my pre-gaming at Plum Street Cafe.  Definite dive bar with good, cheap burgers served with Grippo's, which is about as Cincinnati as it gets.  People are cool and the beer is cold.  Brad, it gets pretty crowded and you might have trouble maneuvering.  Then again, you're hell on wheels and you can make your own space.

That's where me and the wife went for our last 2 games attended (Cards '19 and Bucs in '18). Decent walking distance and i can always find a spot plus the food is tasty. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 03:03 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Sorry brother....... we'll bring home a W for her!

I should've mentioned she was a Bills fan, so bringing a W for her is an L for us.

She wouldn't want me rooting for the Bills over the Bengals on account of her - matter of fact she'd slap the taste out of my mouth for lying to her.

We'll give her that L and I'll cope with any emotional fallout regardless.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 12:21 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I plan on weeping openly pre-game.

Every time the Bills and Bengals played, I'd meet up with a friend of mine.

She passed just before Christmas.

I still haven't emotionally processed it outside of an outburst of rage when my tattoo artist cancelled our appointment due to weather and when I broke down crying listening to a song that reminded me of her.

Oh man I'm so sorry  to hear that.  Praying for you.  Friends like that are so rare.  Hope a win will lift the pall a little.  As one of my quad residents  says, "Angels be with you"
Reply/Quote