Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's Overrated
Zaven Collins is listed by NFL.com as a big outside linebacker, but then he went out and ran a 4.67. Makes me pause on his position fit. Agree or not, but in general this thread is about players you think might be overrated. Who might you add?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
all the Draft Experts
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2021, 01:20 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Zaven Collins is listed by NFL.com as a big outside linebacker, but then he went out and ran a 4.67.  Makes me pause on his position fit.  Agree or not, but in general this thread is about players you think might be overrated.  Who might you add?

At the Combine Medical weigh-in Zaven Collins came in a 6'4 270. I wonder if hes trying to become a full time Edge Rusher...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2021, 01:28 PM)Synric Wrote: At the Combine Medical weigh-in Zaven Collins came in a 6'4 270. I wonder if hes trying to become a full time Edge Rusher...

I still think he offers huge upside as a 3-4 OLB who can do both. His pass rushing is really raw to be full time but his coverage is good and that makes him a nice tool.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2021, 01:20 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Zaven Collins is listed by NFL.com as a big outside linebacker, but then he went out and ran a 4.67.  Makes me pause on his position fit.  Agree or not, but in general this thread is about players you think might be overrated.  Who might you add?

I think the Quinn Meinerz hype is overboard.
He did well at the Senior Bowl, but no one knew him.
Once he starts getting some NFL tape, I think people will start seeing his rawness coming from D3 and will start finding out how to more easily exploit him.

I think he is worth a 3rd or 4th rounder, but I see some people talking about taking him in Rd 2. Too rich for me. Gimme someone with less risk.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
This one is pretty easy:

Mac Jones
Trey Lance

Every year QBs get pushed up the board, and I feel like these 2 would be mid-teens-late first at best last year.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2021, 02:28 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: This one is pretty easy:

Mac Jones
Trey Lance

Every year QBs get pushed up the board, and I feel like these 2 would be mid-teens-late first at best last year.

I think Lance has a higher ceiling than Jones, and I kinda compared Trey Lance to Josh Allen in terms of being raw.

Was Josh Allen worth it at 7th overall in 2018?
It took him until his 3rd year to be good, but he was damn good this past year.

Trey Lance makes sense for a team who has a short-term starter in place, allowing Lance to groom for a year (or two).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Jason Oweyh Edge I don't want anything to do with him. Also all the QBs except for Lawrence; I don't think any of them are good. Certainly not top 5.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2021, 02:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think Lance has a higher ceiling than Jones, and I kinda compared Trey Lance to Josh Allen in terms of being raw.

Was Josh Allen worth it at 7th overall in 2018?
It took him until his 3rd year to be good, but he was damn good this past year.

Trey Lance makes sense for a team who has a short-term starter in place, allowing Lance to groom for a year (or two).

Fair comp, but Allen was a multi year starter.  That's a very important indicator.  None of these 1 year starters have worked out when they are drafted high,
Reply/Quote
OL depth. There is a shortage of quality OL in the league in general. We keep hearing how great this OL class is. I’m going to have to see it to believe it. Because I don’t think 1 class will come in with so many quality pieces when the league has had a hard time finding quality in quantity for years now.

Cosmi in particular.

I try to like him. Blown away by the athletic testing. But when I watch games... I can’t say I would be comfortable counting on plugging him in as a starter.
Reply/Quote
Zach Wilson
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2021, 08:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Zach Wilson

How so? Not saying your wrong or right, but I honestly think he could turn out to be the best QB in this class. 
Reply/Quote
I think Sewell is overrated the way some people talk about him but not his draft value. He’s a sure fire top 15 pick but some people seem to think he’s the 2nd coming of Munoz.

The glaringly overrated guy is Mac Jones. Top 3?!?!? You’ve got to be kidding me. Late round 1 if you’re desperate and even then he’s probably gonna bust. I wouldn’t want him if we were in the QB market. If he’s the best left then pass and suck again, then go for QB next year
Reply/Quote
I am gonna really put my neck out hear and shoot for a hot take but....... Kyle Pitts. Alex Rollins has a good video on him. Basically he is not a tight end and is really a wide receiver, I think he comps to a chase claypool type. I think he is a starting quality receiver but not a HOF'er.
Reply/Quote
I see Chase as overrated especially how many our putting him with on par with Green, Jones coming out of college and since we only really saw one season of him being productive.. nothing before Junior year and that was with a loaded team.. I would have liked to have seen him play Senior year without Burrow.. not saying Chase can;t be a very good WR but I think he is being pushed up by 1 season of great play .. that is actually why i like Marshall in the 2nd round.. he had two seasons of solid play and performed well Senior year with a struggling LSU team.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 12:50 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I see Chase as overrated especially how many our putting him with on par with Green, Jones coming out of college and since we only really saw one season of him being productive.. nothing before Junior year and that was with a loaded team.. I would have liked to have seen him play Senior year without Burrow.. not saying Chase can;t be a very good WR but I think he is being pushed up by 1 season of great play .. that is actually why i like Marshall in the 2nd round.. he had two seasons of solid play and performed well Senior year with a struggling LSU team.

Chase was not a junior in 2019. He was a 19 year old sophomore. 2020 (had he not opted out) would have been his junior season.

Reply/Quote
Outside of Sewell, Slater and Darrisaw, I think the rest of the OT's are being overrated a bit. Also think outside of Lawrence, a lot of the QB's are too hyped.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 01:07 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Chase was not a junior in 2019. He was a 19 year old sophomore. 2020 (had he not opted out) would have been his junior season.

His true Freshman year he had 23 receptions for 313 yards and 3 TD's as well on what was a bad offense, so it wasn't "nothing" either. This is what happens when someone has talked themselves into a position and will essentially eschew reality to support it.
Reply/Quote
Like pretty much all Ohio State QB's, Fields.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 09:01 AM)Takedown Wrote: Like pretty much all Ohio State QB's, Fields.

See, I actually think he is underrated. The passing game has evolved over the last couple of years with a lot of option route concepts that have much more relevance to the NFL game, I think that is partially related to Brian Hartline. Even if you watch tape from the offense when Haskins was there to the last two years you see full-field reads and concepts that have two side route combos for attacking different coverages. Beyond Haskins you can't really talk about "all OSU" QB's because they have no real tie to Fields other than a helmet, that would be like saying all Texas Tech QB's stink so Mahomes stinks. In reality, Haskins needed another year in college, and even Urban Meyer kind of alluded to the point pre-draft he wasn't ready, add in the immaturity and you get a bust.

If Field's goes somewhere who uses him like Daboll uses Josh Allen he has the chance to have a really special career I think. 
Reply/Quote