Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's going to London for the Redskins game
How many of you all are planning on making the trip across the pond to watch the Redskins @ Bengals game from Wembley Week #8?
Reply/Quote
I am 70% leaning on going.

I want to take my dad but I'm not sure if he will travel. If not then I have to see if my wife will want to go and that could be a paperwork headache.
Reply/Quote
My friend and I are all in.. have plane ticket, place to stay and ticket to game.. Can;t wait till October 30th, 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Looked into the packages, checked into the airfare. Then, was not-so-subtly reminded by Mrs. Llama that she had no intention of going to the UK for a "friggin' football game." No friends or family were interested in going, so I was going alone or not going. Chose the latter. She said we take a trip out west somewhere instead, and I suggested Colorado/Utah. So, there's that.

Hope whomever goes has a good time and takes plenty of pictures.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2016, 08:11 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Looked into the packages, checked into the airfare.  Then, was not-so-subtly reminded by Mrs. Llama that she had no intention of going to the UK for a "friggin' football game."  No friends or family were interested in going, so I was going alone or not going.  Chose the latter.  She said we take a trip out west somewhere instead, and I suggested Colorado/Utah.  So, there's that.  

Hope whomever goes has a good time and takes plenty of pictures.

that is why I made it a vacation to London ( 6 days ) and not just a football game
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2016, 12:01 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: that is why I made it a vacation to London ( 6 days ) and not just a football game

Same here.  Six of us going and making a vacation out of it.
Reply/Quote
Does it count if you watch it in London Ohio or London Kentucky ??
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2016, 12:01 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: that is why I made it a vacation to London ( 6 days ) and not just a football game

That was my pitch as well.  Said we could go to Scotland and Ireland, too.  No dice.  Secretly, I think she's afraid of flying over water but doesn't want to admit it.  She's not a traveler, anyway, so I'm lucky I got Colorado out of her.  
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2016, 09:29 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: That was my pitch as well.  Said we could go to Scotland and Ireland, too.  No dice.  Secretly, I think she's afraid of flying over water but doesn't want to admit it.  She's not a traveler, anyway, so I'm lucky I got Colorado out of her.  

I can sympathize with Mrs. Llama.  You'd play hell even getting me on an airplane, or even in a tall building.  The fear of heights is strong with 'ol TT.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2016, 07:21 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I can sympathize with Mrs. Llama.  You'd play hell even getting me on an airplane, or even in a tall building.  The fear of heights is strong with 'ol TT.

That's the thing, though, she's flown quite a bit, so it's not a height thing.  But, she's only but only ever flown domestically, never over anything wider than a river.  I guess the spectacle of a water landing absolutely terrifies her, but being a smoldering crater in a corn field is okey-dokey. I really can't say anything, though, because I pretty much refuse to climb any kind of ladder and force her to do that stuff.   
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2016, 08:49 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: That's the thing, though, she's flown quite a bit, so it's not a height thing.  But, she's only but only ever flown domestically, never over anything wider than a river.  I guess the spectacle of a water landing absolutely terrifies her, but being a smoldering crater in a corn field is okey-dokey. I really can't say anything, though, because I pretty much refuse to climb any kind of ladder and force her to do that stuff.   

Phobias are weird.  I still see her apprehension.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote