Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's in the scrap heap?
I'm putting together my FA strategy and I need to know who's in the bottom of the barrel.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 07:50 PM)McC Wrote: I'm putting together my FA strategy and I need to know who's in the bottom of the barrel.

Ced, Bodine,...

Oh you met FA, sorry nvm.
Reply/Quote
I consider myself up on the market and fairly crafty...but the pickings are slim.

Take for instance the Saints. They went for Zeitler...lost out...and signed Warford. ie They had a plan B.

Hopefully we look at Stefan Wisieniewski. He's capable of playing Guard or Center. That would be a good start.

Chance Warmack just went off the board as did Okung.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 07:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I consider myself up on the market and fairly crafty...but the pickings are slim.

Take for instance the Saints. They went for Zeitler...lost out...and signed Warford. ie They had a plan B.

Hopefully we look at Stefan Wisieniewski. He's capable of playing Guard or Center. That would be a good start.

Chance Warmack just went off the board as did Okung.

Damn.  There isn't even a scrap heap.  Hoe low can we go?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
TJ Lang G
Matt Kalil T
Nick Mangold C
Kelvin Beachum T
JC Tretter C
Ryan Clady T
Mike Remmers T
DJ Fluker G/RT

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency#tab=rankings

From the NFL.com list of 101 best unsigned free agents. Funny fact, Margus Hunt is listed as #101..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 07:50 PM)McC Wrote: I'm putting together my FA strategy and I need to know who's in the bottom of the barrel.

Are the Bengals putting you up to this?  Hmm
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote

Mike ? Is that you ? 
Reply/Quote
Isn't Andre Smith available?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 08:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: TJ Lang G
Matt Kalil T
Nick Mangold C
Kelvin Beachum T
JC Tretter C
Ryan Clady T
Mike Remmers T
DJ Fluker G/RT

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency#tab=rankings

From the NFL.com list of 101 best unsigned free agents.  Funny fact, Margus Hunt is listed as #101..
Didn't Kalil sign with the Panthers

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 08:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Didn't Kalil sign with the Panthers

Maybe, that was the list as of the time that I made the post..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 08:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Didn't Kalil sign with the Panthers

Last I heard he was going to play with his brother.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 08:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Isn't Andre Smith available?

I'd take him in a heartbeat.  At this point they really, really need to sign at least some "mid-tier" o-line dudes.  
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 09:09 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I'd take him in a heartbeat.  At this point they really, really need to sign at least some "mid-tier" o-line dudes.  

Always loved Big Dre. If I'm not mistaken he only signed a 1-year deal with Minny and they just signed Reif

Reply/Quote
Last I heard, the Bengals only have $2-3m left to spend on free agents and that's earmarked for Burkhead.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 08:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Isn't Andre Smith available?

Yes, he is.  Also, left tackle is his natural position.  Let's sign Andre Smith, bring in Nick Mangold, and "kick the tires" on Breno Giacomini too.  This season -- and Andy Dalton's life -- might depend on it.
Reply/Quote
Clady and Beachum were not actually cut. They fall into the option declined category so they would potentially cost us comp picks.

I'm hoping for Fluker. Starting RG and depth at RT.
Reply/Quote
Lol our offensive line was bad last year and we just let the two best lineman walk, while we're looking at starting the worst ones. What a ***** joke.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 09:53 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Clady and Beachum were not actually cut. They fall into the option declined category so they would potentially cost us comp picks.

I'm hoping for Fluker. Starting RG and depth at RT.

Bringing DJ Fluker and Andre Smith might be an excellent way to keep Andy Dalton upright.  Add Nick Mangold to the mix and maybe the season might not be a disaster.
Reply/Quote
Go get Andres fat ass, he owes us lol bring him and mangold
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 08:00 PM)McC Wrote: Damn.  There isn't even a scrap heap.  Hoe low can we go?

Jordan Palmer and Greg Little

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote