Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's the "Best of the Rest" !!!
Williams from BUFF or whatabout Wagner?
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 12:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm surprised Efic Fisher isn't getting more interest. Dude had a down year last year as he recovered from a torn Achilles but he started every game but 1. He's been quite duable and is only 1 year removed from a Pro Bowl season

I keep forgetting about him. He’s younger than Reiff was last year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
There are some solid backup options, but the fact that they haven't setup those meetings is important.

Is this because they're fine with the remaining options or confident in their offer to Collins? You'd think they would at least have a visit with Daryl Williams or Trent Brown in for a visit Monday. That it Gilmore if there is sincere interest, so they get the best of the rest of the FA class.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 01:10 PM)phil413 Wrote:  You'd think they would at least have a visit with Daryl Williams or Trent Brown in for a visit Monday. 

Maybe they do.

There are 31 other teams who have not signed these guys yet either.  So is every team in the league messing up?
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 01:10 PM)phil413 Wrote: There are some solid backup options, but the fact that they haven't setup those meetings is important.

Is this because they're fine with the remaining options or confident in their offer to Collins?  You'd think they would at least have a visit with Daryl Williams or Trent Brown in for a visit Monday.  That it Gilmore if there is sincere interest, so they get the best of the rest of the FA class.

How good is this Trent Brown guy?   Where did he play last season? Will he command a lot of Benjamins?
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 01:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Maybe they do.

There are 31 other teams who have not signed these guys yet either.  So is every team in the league messing up?

Also not 31 teams have the hole at RT like
The bengals do, so there is a difference there. That would be like, why wasn’t every team interested in Russ Wilson or Watson.

With 5+ quality tackles on the market, Williams, fisher, brown, brown, armstead, collins and others… the musical chairs likely falls in our favor.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 11:38 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is one of the main reasons I was so high on Collins...not only was he affordable, more durable, but his position was RT.  

I hate to hold injury history against Armstead but if the best ability is availability, he has only been slightly above average....

how do we know he was afforable ? he might be asking for way too much upfront 
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 12:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm surprised Efic Fisher isn't getting more interest. Dude had a down year last year as he recovered from a torn Achilles but he started every game but 1. He's been quite duable and is only 1 year removed from a Pro Bowl season

I think it is because he had such a terrible year last year... but he is an option for sure at the right price
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 01:27 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: how do we know he was afforable ? he might be asking for way too much upfront 

Exact same thing happened last year when everyone blamed the Bengals for not giving Bates an extension.

It takes two to make a deal and sometimes it is the players fault.

Lots of Bengal fans still cite Eric Steinbach and Kevin Zeitler of examples of the Bengals being cheap, but both of those guys were overpaid and it would have been a mistake for the Bengals to give them even more money.

Dan Snyder wa a big fan of "Just pay the players whatever they want", and how did that work out for him?
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 01:17 PM)Science Friction Wrote: How good is this Trent Brown guy?   Where did he play last season? Will he command a lot of Benjamins?

He is number 71 from the PFF article, around 11M/yr estimate. He is a gamble that at some point comes into play and we are pretty close to there if Collins is out.  Great mointain RT when motivated/a Patriot, and not hurt. 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2022-free-agent-rankings-free-agency
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 02:31 PM)phil413 Wrote: He is number 71 from the PFF article, around 11M/yr estimate. He is a gamble that at some point comes into play and we are pretty close to there if Collins is out.  Great mointain RT when motivated/a Patriot, and not hurt. 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2022-free-agent-rankings-free-agency

Brown was excellent in NE, signed a big miney deal elsewhere (Raiders?), and promptly played himself out of town. He re-signed with NE and was good again. 

I think there is some worry he may only be effective in a NE like scheme. 
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 01:17 PM)Science Friction Wrote: How good is this Trent Brown guy?   Where did he play last season? Will he command a lot of Benjamins?

He seems to only play well on the Patriots.

Seahawks supposedly want him.
Reply/Quote