Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
"Who's the Big Guy"
Now, in the case of Hollo, he didn't vote for Biden because he's hanging out with kangaroos.

For us in the US who voted for Biden, one reason Trump gets brought up is because Trump and his family are steeped in shadiness and criminality. We've known this for a long time. It gets brought up because Biden voters will be defensive about their choice and because they are pointing out the irony of Trump supporters talking about this. The thing to keep in mind, though, is that the majority of Biden voters were voting against Trump, not necessarily for Biden.

I'm not a Biden supporter, but I was a Biden voter. I'd do it again, even with this information, if the choice were between Biden and Trump. I held my nose with my fingers to vote in 2020, I may have to use a clothespin if I had to do it again, but I'd still do it. Now, I don't bring Trump up like that because I don't care. Everyone should be held accountable for what they do. They should see their day in court.

You want people to stop bringing up Trump in threads like these? Say the same thing about Trump and his family that we say about Biden. He and his family should be held accountable for breaking the law.

Lastly, for those that didn't get the first line in this post, that was a joke.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 10:46 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Hunter Biden really shakes my faith in God.

Biden's kids....hmmm let's see....yeah kill that little girl....hmmm hero veteran?  Let's give him terminal cancer and Hunter?  Yeah keep him around.

A child shall pay for the sins of the father.  Ninja

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 10:48 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Now, in the case of Hollo, he didn't vote for Biden because he's hanging out with kangaroos.

Yep and I'd also vote for them over any presidential candidate the US system created recently.

And a last time, I did not even bring up Trump to illustrate hypocrisy, though it's a legit point. It was because of a particular weird sentence about who can and can not get security clearances that should never have made it into a serious article.
Reply/Quote
Also, I will say that it is very weird and dubious how any mention of this Hunter affair got banned, deleted or flagged on social media.
Reply/Quote
Hunter went to Georgetown and Yale to become a lawyer. The unqualified argument is pretty weak.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 11:00 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Hunter went to Georgetown and Yale to become a lawyer. The unqualified argument is pretty weak.

Liberals can't call Yale a legit school after they let Dubya in there.  
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 10:42 AM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah. But Kushner and Ivanka also got one. And they were not only relatives to Donald Trump who had some questionable dealings around the world, they also had questionable dealings of their own. Eg. Ivanka had dealings in China and Kushner sold a whole scyscraper to Qataris.

--
But since this is again seen as whataboutism, I sure don't know what the Bidens did and if they did anything corrupt or nefarious (when it comes to Hunter my money is on yes), nothing the Trump clan did would be an excuse.

I was saying the writer's statement was a little misleading.  Biden didn't get his clearance because of his name.  Anyone elected President gets to see everything.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 11:15 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I was saying the writer's statement was a little misleading.  Biden didn't get his clearance because of his name.  anyone elected President gets to see everything.

The fact that a person and his/her family can be voted into top secret security clearances when we don't accept "I'll prove I paid my taxes later" or "all those women are liars" for regular people who apply to work at the local social security office is quite insane. 
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 10:59 AM)hollodero Wrote: Also, I will say that it is very weird and dubious how any mention of this Hunter affair got banned, deleted or flagged on social media.

Given the timing of it, what, a week before the election? Couldn’t be our media!
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 10:59 AM)hollodero Wrote: Also, I will say that it is very weird and dubious how any mention of this Hunter affair got banned, deleted or flagged on social media.

(04-06-2022, 11:42 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Given the timing of it, what, a week before the election? Couldn’t be our media!

They are still catching heck for the Steele Dossier...and there's a tremendous amount of misinformation about that on both sides...so shutting down a story from Rudy G didn't seem that strange at the time.

At this point all we know is there was a hard drive.  We don't know how many hands it went through and what they know is on it.  I'll be curious to see the report when/if the charges come.

Edit to add that the media (one one side) has completely ignored actual texts and messages from Ginni Thomas leading up and on the day of January 6th to people within the white house while focusing on Hunter Biden too.

The "media" covers a large swath of different things.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 10:33 AM)hollodero Wrote: Yep. They have none when it comes to an involvement of Joe Biden. Which makes it a bit rash to speculate about conspiracy charges and impeachments.

(When I said "it's about that" I meant my dropping Trump's name. Because it's indeed quite a stretch to claim no one not named Joe Biden whose relatives have suspect business entanglements abroad could ever get a security clearance. But sure that was always a sidenote.)

You're not keeping up. They now have emails about transactions and joint accounts, wire transfers, etc. Real sleezy crap and it all leads back to the dementia guy.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 10:48 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Now, in the case of Hollo, he didn't vote for Biden because he's hanging out with kangaroos.

For us in the US who voted for Biden, one reason Trump gets brought up is because Trump and his family are steeped in shadiness and criminality. We've known this for a long time. It gets brought up because Biden voters will be defensive about their choice and because they are pointing out the irony of Trump supporters talking about this. The thing to keep in mind, though, is that the majority of Biden voters were voting against Trump, not necessarily for Biden.

I'm not a Biden supporter, but I was a Biden voter. I'd do it again, even with this information, if the choice were between Biden and Trump. I held my nose with my fingers to vote in 2020, I may have to use a clothespin if I had to do it again, but I'd still do it.
Now, I don't bring Trump up like that because I don't care. Everyone should be held accountable for what they do. They should see their day in court.

You want people to stop bringing up Trump in threads like these? Say the same thing about Trump and his family that we say about Biden. He and his family should be held accountable for breaking the law.

Lastly, for those that didn't get the first line in this post, that was a joke.

Yeah, those days of low interest, low unemployment, $1.86 a gallon gasoline, and a skyrocketing stock market, no new wars and a mostly secured southern border.... all that sure sucked. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 11:46 AM)GMDino Wrote: They are still catching heck for the Steele Dossier...and there's a tremendous amount of misinformation about that on both sides...so shutting down a story from Rudy G didn't seem that strange at the time.

At this point all we know is there was a hard drive.  We don't know how many hands it went through and what they know is on it.  I'll be curious to see the report when/if the charges come.

Edit to add that the media (one one side) has completely ignored actual texts and messages from Ginni Thomas leading up and on the day of January 6th to people within the white house while focusing on Hunter Biden too.

The "media" covers a large swath of different things.

The media pretty much refused to cover the laptop story, and called it Russian disinformation. Now, they have the Clinton lawyer both verbally and in writing putting forth the lie that he was not bringing the info on behalf of a Client. The chickens are coming home on this one as well.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 12:17 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, those days of low interest, low unemployment, $1.86 a gallon gasoline, and a skyrocketing stock market, no new wars and a mostly secured southern border.... all that sure sucked. Ninja

The POTUS has very little, if anything, to do with all but the last two on that list and the last one is debatable that it is true. Plus it ignores a lot of bad shit that was happening.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 12:23 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The POTUS has very little, if anything, to do with all but the last two on that list and the last one is debatable that it is true. Plus it ignores a lot of bad shit that was happening.

you mean what the Media was saying was happening or what was actually happening?
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 12:13 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You're not keeping up. They now have emails about transactions and joint accounts, wire transfers, etc. Real sleezy crap and it all leads back to the dementia guy.

Dang.  I didn't realize this was a Brad post.

My bad for trying to respond logically.

Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 12:24 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: you mean what the Media was saying was happening or what was actually happening?

What was actually happening. A lot of what the media said was happening was happening, though there was a good chunk that was not as bad as they made it out to be. Plus there is a lot of stuff that I followed as a bureaucrat that wasn't as big of an issue in the media. The executive branch was a straight up cluster **** under Trump.

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 11:15 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I was saying the writer's statement was a little misleading.  Biden didn't get his clearance because of his name.  Anyone elected President gets to see everything.

Yeah I'm probably a bit pedantic here, but to me it was about the general sense of the statement, claiming that no one else could have possibly gotten a security clearance when relatives are so deep into shoddy business. Which is just plain... well, uninformed. That Biden got this clearance through the voters just adds to that bizarreness. 
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 12:23 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The POTUS has very little, if anything, to do with all but the last two on that list and the last one is debatable that it is true. Plus it ignores a lot of bad shit that was happening.

Alienating our allies? Making deals with SA to drive up oil prices to help the shale industry and Russia? Trying to withhold congressionally approved funding from Ukraine unless they announced an investigation into the Biden's?  Lying about covid and how bad it was despite knowing?  Refusing to accept defeat in an election?

You think people care about those things when gas was cheap?  Cool
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 11:46 AM)GMDino Wrote: They are still catching heck for the Steele Dossier...and there's a tremendous amount of misinformation about that on both sides...so shutting down a story from Rudy G didn't seem that strange at the time.

I can see why it was not broadly covered, timing and sources seemed dubious and even Tucker decided to back away soon. But that is one thing. To actually delete posts on social media or declare them misinformation when they addressed that story is a totally different thing.

Nourishment to people that claim social media is heavily biased. They clearly have a point here.
Reply/Quote