Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
"Who's the Big Guy"
(04-06-2022, 12:13 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You're not keeping up. They now have emails about transactions and joint accounts, wire transfers, etc. Real sleezy crap and it all leads back to the dementia guy.

Hm, at some point you'll have to decide whether Biden is demented or the big guy head of an internationally operating crime syndicate. He really can't be both.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 10:37 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Older, wealthy, white guys being corrupt! I refuse to believe it!!!

The sad truth is it's hard to find a person who isn't corrupt at that level, ethnicity not being a factor.  Some of the most unethical behavior I have ever been privy to was perpetrated by a black person.  Hell, look up Mark Ridley-Thomas's corrupt as hell ass.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-cdca/pr/mark-ridley-thomas-charged-along-former-university-dean-federal-grand-jury-indictment

Trust me when I say that's the smallest tip of the iceberg with that guy.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 02:02 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The sad truth is it's hard to find a person who isn't corrupt at that level, ethnicity not being a factor.  Some of the most unethical behavior I have ever been privy to was perpetrated by a black person.  Hell, look up Mark Ridley-Thomas's corrupt as hell ass.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-cdca/pr/mark-ridley-thomas-charged-along-former-university-dean-federal-grand-jury-indictment

Trust me when I say that's the smallest tip of the iceberg with that guy.

Yeah, I know. The historical premise was the main reason for throwing white in there. However, I am a strong proponent of socioeconomic class being the real divider.

No war but the class war.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
I want to see a lawyer argue in court that Joe Biden is neither big nor comically small enough to be refered to as "Big Guy."
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 02:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I want to see a lawyer argue in court that Joe Biden is neither big nor comically small enough to be refered to as "Big Guy."

Not to mention they/their gender being assumed. Gotta call in a biologist for that.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 12:34 PM)hollodero Wrote: Hm, at some point you'll have to decide whether Biden is demented or the big guy head of an internationally operating crime syndicate. He really can't be both.

Lmao. This is an excellent point. Make up your mind if you are going to try and establish any semblance of a respectable discussion.

Otherwise it just points out and highlights how they are just posting whatever headlines they see and not thinking about them at all or forming their own opinion.  
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 12:34 PM)hollodero Wrote: Hm, at some point you'll have to decide whether Biden is demented or the big guy head of an internationally operating crime syndicate. He really can't be both.

Don't have to be all that smart to say, "Give me my cut."   Wink
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 03:21 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Don't have to be all that smart to say, "Give me my cut."   Wink

And then they handed him the deed to Boardwalk with four houses.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 03:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: And then they handed him the deed to Boardwalk with four houses.

If he doesn't als get Park Place then it's virtually worthless.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 03:41 PM)michaelsean Wrote: If he doesn't als get Park Place then it's virtually worthless.

Well, if he has Boardwalk with 4 houses and doesn't have Park Place that would be some sort of breach of the Monopoly rules.  With that being said, Park Place is statistically the least landed on space on the board, so its value is far less than Boardwalk and it is a money sink in the sense that you have to own it and build upon it equally in order to build up Boardwalk.

I've always been a fan of the cheap side of the board, your Baltic Avenues, and Connecticut Avenues and so on.  I take those any time someone offers me a cut of illegal gains.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 03:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, if he has Boardwalk with 4 houses and doesn't have Park Place that would be some sort of breach of the Monopoly rules.  With that being said, Park Place is statistically the least landed on space on the board, so its value is far less than Boardwalk and it is a money sink in the sense that you have to own it and build upon it equally in order to build up Boardwalk.

I've always been a fan of the cheap side of the board, your Baltic Avenues, and Connecticut Avenues and so on.  I take those any time someone offers me a cut of illegal gains.

That's why I was saying it's worthless without Park Place, and yes I like to launder my money with the more obscure properties as well.  

Reply/Quote
I don't trust the post, along with a lot of other news sources. We'll see how it develops though.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 12:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: Alienating our allies? Making deals with SA to drive up oil prices to help the shale industry and Russia? Trying to withhold congressionally approved funding from Ukraine unless they announced an investigation into the Biden's?  Lying about covid and how bad it was despite knowing?  Refusing to accept defeat in an election?

You think people care about those things when gas was cheap?  Cool

Because once the infrastructure for the shale industry was in place, we wouldn't need SA oil. And helping Russia, Trump is the one that was all over Europe about buying from Russia and told them exactly what was going to happen if they did not get off Russian energy. Witholding funding? Yeah, he held up military aid to Ukraine due to their corruption, then sent it. Obama/Biden never sent one ounce of lethal aid to Ukraine. Covid? He got us 3 vaccines in a year when it always has taken 15 to get one. And even though he inherited 3 vaccines from the Trump era, more people have died under Biden's time in office than under Trumps. But you notice the nightly death count is not shown on the news anymore, wonder why? And yeah, it cost me 84 dollars to fill my Grand Cherokee a few minutes ago, when under Trump I could do it for about 43 dollars. You're darn right I care about cheaper gas.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 04:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Because once the infrastructure for the shale industry was in place, we wouldn't need SA oil. And helping Russia, Trump is the one that was all over Europe about buying from Russia and told them exactly what was going to happen if they did not get off Russian energy. Witholding funding? Yeah, he held up military aid to Ukraine due to their corruption, then sent it. Obama/Biden never sent one ounce of lethal aid to Ukraine. Covid? He got us 3 vaccines in a year when it always has taken 15 to get one. And even though he inherited 3 vaccines from the Trump era, more people have died under Biden's time in office than under Trumps. But you notice the nightly death count is not shown on the news anymore, wonder why? And yeah, it cost me 84 dollars to fill my Grand Cherokee a few minutes ago, when under Trump I could do it for about 43 dollars. You're darn right I care about cheaper gas.

Aid was only released after investigations were launched into the conman blackmailing Zelensky.

Trump was the one standing on stage with Putin shaking his hand praising him and pushing to bring him back into the G7. He did nothing but favors for Putin.

Drug companies got us the vaccines with science that has been in the works for years.

More people died under Biden because of right wing main stream media misinformation. Anti vaccine anti mask conspiracy theorists. Trump was booed by the trumpets for saying he got a booster. That tells you all you need to know.

Does Biden own a gas station chain or oil company?

Trump inherited an economy with a years long record streak of job growth. Then the guy who is not good at business other than conning people and making money for himself wanted to add rocket fuel to the already growing economy and pushed the fed to keep rates low and signed his signature legislation, a massive tax cut. Then the country shut down under him during Covid, the government started handing out money, and inflation is what got the rocket fuel.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 04:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Because once the infrastructure for the shale industry was in place, we wouldn't need SA oil. And helping Russia, Trump is the one that was all over Europe about buying from Russia and told them exactly what was going to happen if they did not get off Russian energy. Witholding funding? Yeah, he held up military aid to Ukraine due to their corruption, then sent it. Obama/Biden never sent one ounce of lethal aid to Ukraine. Covid? He got us 3 vaccines in a year when it always has taken 15 to get one. And even though he inherited 3 vaccines from the Trump era, more people have died under Biden's time in office than under Trumps. But you notice the nightly death count is not shown on the news anymore, wonder why? And yeah, it cost me 84 dollars to fill my Grand Cherokee a few minutes ago, when under Trump I could do it for about 43 dollars. You're darn right I care about cheaper gas.

The shale industry needs oil above $100 a barrel to operate.  That's not helping the consumer.  Part of that deal was to help Russia's economy too.

Trump had many, many issues with Germany and the rest of our allies.  But this was speaking out of both sides of his mouth as he made deals to help Russia's oil industry but said Europe should stop buying as from them.

The vaccines were created under his administration, absolutely.  Allowing companies to function quickly was a good move.  He gets credit for happening while he was in office.  That his supporters refused to then TAKE the vaccine because he lost an election added more deaths that I think you want to acknowledge.

And yeah, gas was cheaper during a global economic tragedy caused by a virus that Trump downplayed for MONTHS when he knew better.  But then when the economy came back and oil production had been slashed (see your first point of praise for DJT) prices...wait for it...went up.

So do you blame Trump for making a deal to cut oil production, help end the pandemic (or at least slow it down) and thereby causing gas prices to rise too?

And, most importantly since you didn't answer this one, do you think he should still be going around the country holding rallies and telling people he really won in 2020 and that it was all fixed in the states he lost (not in the ones he won, of course)?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote

The gas argument is a weaker one IMO. I live in Oklahoma and have found people like to say "It sure is convenient that gas became more expensive under Biden" but the increase in gas prices isn't Biden's fault, at the very least not completely. A huge reason for the increase is demand has returned to pre-COVID levels but supply has not, so a simple supply/demand issue. When COVID hit, countries across the world began slashing production. As vaccinations increased and people began driving more, production did not keep up. It lagged behind, so now we have high demand and relatively low supply. U.S. production has been increasing, and the last available figure I have is 11.3m bbl per day, which is roughly on par with what production was under the Trump administration. Production is expected to continue increasing to 12m+ bbl per day by the end of 2022, but with war in Ukraine and all of the sanctions in Russia plus a deficit in the global supply, this is what is causing high gas prices. This expected production would be right around the top production of Trump's admin, and could be record breaking if it surpasses 12.3 (it is expected to near 13m bbls in 2023, which would be the record). Now, Biden hasn't implemented energy friendly policies, but those aren't really affecting prices much right now. They could in the future. There was an absolutely fantastic post here by Stewy, who works in the energy industry. I do as well, but I am on the analyst side whereas he has more information to provide on this subject. Here is a link to the oil thread where Stewy breaks down the current situation. 

The vaccination topic is tough to wade through. Vaccinations were widely available in many parts of the country, but a large contingent of people refused to get vaccinated. From April 4th-Christmas 2021, 80% of COVID deaths were among unvaccinated individuals. The reasons for refusal vary, there have been vaccination arguments in the U.S. for years now. There were multiple variants faced under the Biden admin, Delta being deadlier than normal. I don't think the answer is as clear cut as you're trying to make it out to be I.E. "More people are dying under Biden, he didn't do a good job". These situations are often more complex than this and oversimplifications lead to gross misunderstandings of the situations.
Reply/Quote

(04-06-2022, 03:10 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Lmao. This is an excellent point. Make up your mind if you are going to try and establish any semblance of a respectable discussion.

Otherwise it just points out and highlights how they are just posting whatever headlines they see and not thinking about them at all or forming their own opinion.  

It's really not that hard. Biden was selling his influence through his crack head son and brother while he was Obama's Vice President. That was 5 years ago. The dementia has advanced since then. And anyone who has dealt with someone suffering dementia can clearly see Biden is suffering from it. That does not absolve him of his past actions, nor does it absolve his son and brother from continuing the scam. 
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 05:45 PM)GMDino Wrote: The shale industry needs oil above $100 a barrel to operate.  That's not helping the consumer.  Part of that deal was to help Russia's economy too.

Trump had many, many issues with Germany and the rest of our allies.  But this was speaking out of both sides of his mouth as he made deals to help Russia's oil industry but said Europe should stop buying as from them.

The vaccines were created under his administration, absolutely.  Allowing companies to function quickly was a good move.  He gets credit for happening while he was in office.  That his supporters refused to then TAKE the vaccine because he lost an election added more deaths that I think you want to acknowledge.

And yeah, gas was cheaper during a global economic tragedy caused by a virus that Trump downplayed for MONTHS when he knew better.  But then when the economy came back and oil production had been slashed (see your first point of praise for DJT) prices...wait for it...went up.

So do you blame Trump for making a deal to cut oil production, help end the pandemic (or at least slow it down) and thereby causing gas prices to rise too?

And, most importantly since you didn't answer this one, do you think he should still be going around the country holding rallies and telling people he really won in 2020 and that it was all fixed in the states he lost (not in the ones he won, of course)?

Trump did speak out both sides of his mouth. He would publicly praise despots like Kim Jung Un and then threaten them privately. He was all buddy buddy with Kim in public, but then told him he would nuke the crap out of them if they even mentioned nuclear weapons. He praised Putin publicly while laying some of the toughest sanctions Russia ever had placed on it, and rebuilt NATO.

As to the vaccines, if he hadn't streamlined regulations we still would not have the vaccines. Part of the reason his supporters then refused it take it is because asshat Democrats started trying to mandate it. The whole "my body, my choice" went right out the window. Trump supporters tend to be independent people. I took the Pfizer vaccine, because it made sense for me to do it. I definitely am not anti-vac.  But every time I heard Biden or my idiot Governor try to tell me I had to take it, I wished I hadn't. the Dems don't understand free choice. If they hadn't attempted to mandate it, the pushback would not have been near as bad as it was. It simply made people suspicious. Part of this is/was also the fact they do not follow the same science they tell people to follow, since they refused to acknowledge the fact that people who had covid and recovered were actually more protected than those who got the vaccine. Then you look at the stockpiles of vaccine these companies have left over, and now it's a 3rd and 4th booster they are pushing. Sounds more like they are pushing product more that protecting people. 

As to gas prices, we all know gas prices are due to speculators. When Biden came into office, the first thing he said was he was going to break the fossil fuel industry. That set the entire tone for energy prices to skyrocket. 
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 08:57 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It's really not that hard. Biden was selling his influence through his crack head son and brother while he was Obama's Vice President. That was 5 years ago. The dementia has advanced since then. And anyone who has dealt with someone suffering dementia can clearly see Biden is suffering from it. That does not absolve him of his past actions, nor does it absolve his son and brother from continuing the scam. 

*sigh* ok I take the bait. No point in addressing the accusations you present as factual. But how can one clearly see Biden suffers from dementia?

I dealt with people with dementia. Not professionally, not closely, but still. They would constantly and without warning forget where they are, what they were just talking about, who the people around them are. No way they could ever be put in a presidential debate, or in an interview, or even being asked to answer questions from reporters. At least those demented people I knew.

Biden, he was a stutterer, he stumbles at times. But he did that throughout his life and the way he talked as VP is quite similar to the way he talks now. I see no worsening in that regard, and I do not see a demented person. What am I missing. Enlighten me, if only so I know the arguments from a non-fritz person.
Reply/Quote
And now baby sis is getting in on the action of selling the Biden name......

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-sister-cashing-in-career-memoir-family-tradition

Quote:President Biden’s younger sister will kick off her book tour Thursday night in Washington, D.C., ahead of the release of her memoir next week, which could create a headache for the White House as she continues to cash in on her brother’s political career, conflicting with White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki’s statement last January about the White House's ethics policy.

"It's the White House's policy that the President's name should not be used in connection with any commercial activities to suggest or in any way – in any way they could reasonably be understood to imply his endorsement or support," Psaki said.

Valerie Biden Owens, a longtime campaign adviser and political confidante to Biden, will be releasing her memoir titled, "Growing Up Biden: A Memoir" next Tuesday. The book includes a childhood photo of her, Joe Biden, their two brothers, and their mother on the book cover. Not only did Owens serve as Biden’s campaign manager for all seven of his successful Senate campaigns, but she also advised Biden during all three presidential campaigns and has played an integral role in his family’s life.

This entire family has no ethics. No wonder Obama's Ethics guy says what the Bidens are doing is ridiculously corrupt.
Reply/Quote