Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
"Who's the Big Guy"
(04-12-2022, 08:53 AM)GMDino Wrote: You accused Biden and the Clintons of money Laundering.  I'm asking why they haven't been caught if it is so obvious but Trump, who you trust, was.

So far this thread has been moved from Biden making money via his son, who was using Biden's name to make money to his sister writing a book.  And you seem to want to make it as if any family member who does anything is "living off the name" and that is "bad".  So I'm just wondering where you've been for the last four years when Ivanka and Jared had jobs in the white house and made hundreds of millions, when Ivanka was doing business with China while working in the white house, etc.

Mostly because Dems won't investigate their own, no matter how bad they are, and the mainstream media hides stories that show them in a bad light and flat out lie by omission. They got caught covering up the laptop story, and come January there will be a reckoning. Just wait and see.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2022, 10:44 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Mostly because Dems won't investigate their own, no matter how bad they are, and the mainstream media hides stories that show them in a bad light and flat out lie by omission. They got caught covering up the laptop story, and come January there will be a reckoning. Just wait and see.

Why don't republicans investigate then?  FOX, OAN, Newsmax?

Oh wait...they did.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-investigation/u-s-inquiry-into-fbi-clinton-spurred-by-republicans-ends-without-results-washington-post-idUSKBN1Z905V

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/01/hillary-clinton-justice-department-investigation-results

Well something, something, reckoning...something...
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2022, 11:18 AM)GMDino Wrote: Why don't republicans investigate then?  FOX, OAN, Newsmax?

Oh wait...they did.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-investigation/u-s-inquiry-into-fbi-clinton-spurred-by-republicans-ends-without-results-washington-post-idUSKBN1Z905V

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/01/hillary-clinton-justice-department-investigation-results

Well something, something, reckoning...something...

They are going to hold hearings on Biden as soon as they take back Congress in January. 
Vanity Fair.... really? And you laugh at Fox News?
See, Dems don't care that Hillary signed off on selling 20% of our Uranium to Russia. Dems don't care that 6 billion (with a B) went missing while she was Secretary of State, or that she refused numerous requests for added security in Libya prior to our Ambassador and others being slaughtered. And Dems don't care that she orchestrated the whole Russia Collusion lie against Trump, and even had people hacking him while President. Dems don't care about any of the shady crap she did, But it's still being investigated. They just won't bring the charges while Pelosi and Schumer are running cover. 
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2022, 11:29 AM)Sled21 Wrote: They are going to hold hearings on Biden as soon as they take back Congress in January. 
Vanity Fair.... really? And you laugh at Fox News?
See, Dems don't care that Killary signed off on selling 20% of our Uranium to Russia. Dems don't care that 6 billion (with a B) went missing while she was Secretary of State, or that she refused numerous requests for added security in Libya prior to our Ambassador and others being slaughtered. And Dems don't care that she orchestrated the whole Russia Collusion lie against Trump, and even had people hacking him while President. Dems don't care about any of the shady crap she did, But it's still being investigated. They just won't bring the charges while Pelosi and Schumer are running cover. 

Oh.  I didn't know I was talking to someone who believes everything they agree with, evidence be damned.

Good luck with that.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2022, 11:49 AM)GMDino Wrote: Oh.  I didn't know I was talking to someone who believes everything they agree with, evidence be damned.

Good luck with that.

So which ones of those do you not believe, that she signed off on selling our uranium to Russia, or that she orchestrated the Russian Collusion??? Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2022, 12:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So which ones of those do you not believe, that she signed off on selling our uranium to Russia, or that she orchestrated the Russian Collusion??? Hilarious

Like I said, good luck with that.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2022, 11:49 AM)GMDino Wrote: Oh.  I didn't know I was talking to someone who believes everything they agree with, evidence be damned.

Good luck with that.

Remember when people were all "is it a cult?"

Yeah......it's a cult.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2022, 02:12 AM)WildCat Wrote: then tell us who we should consider *credible* stewy? it would really help many of us out please.

don't be so condescending. it speaks volumes to your character like the steeler fans in this post.

My character is just fine.  That people consider foxnews legitimate news in any way says more about character than anything I've posted.  And I was beng 100% honest.  I pity anyone who thinks foxnews is a legitimate news source.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2022, 09:37 PM)Stewy Wrote: My character is just fine.  That people consider foxnews legitimate news in any way says more about character than anything I've posted.  And I was beng 100% honest.  I pity anyone who thinks foxnews is a legitimate news source.

Especially considering that by their own admission they are entertainment and not to be taken seriously.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
You just have to be smart enough to differentiate between their news shows and their opinion shows. There's a reason their ratings blow CNN and MSNBC out of the water. It's the liberal way though to just ignore anything they hear or read from Fox, because they don't hear the same thing on CNN or MSNBC. Then over and over again, Fox is proven right, just as in the Hunter Biden laptop story. First CNN and all the others said it was untrue, then they said it was Russian Disinformation, then they said it didn't prove anything about Joe being involved, now they claim "it's just not interesting" Those networks lie by omission. It's laughable anyone trusts anybody but Fox. But the left just wants to live in its own little bubble and not be told things they don't like.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 08:49 AM)Sled21 Wrote: You just have to be smart enough to differentiate between their news shows and their opinion shows. There's a reason their ratings blow CNN and MSNBC out of the water. It's the liberal way though to just ignore anything they hear or read from Fox, because they don't hear the same thing on CNN or MSNBC. Then over and over again, Fox is proven right, just as in the Hunter Biden laptop story. First CNN and all the others said it was untrue, then they said it was Russian Disinformation, then they said it didn't prove anything about Joe being involved, now they claim "it's just not interesting" It's laughable anyone trusts anybody but Fox. But the left just wants to live in its own little bubble and not be told things they don't like.

What I've noticed on here, is that some are quick to bash and denounce anything produced by Fox News, yet they offer no insight or opinions on sources that they would deem to be completely unbiased reporting of the news, even when asked directly.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 08:49 AM)Sled21 Wrote: You just have to be smart enough to differentiate between their news shows and their opinion shows. There's a reason their ratings blow CNN and MSNBC out of the water. It's the liberal way though to just ignore anything they hear or read from Fox, because they don't hear the same thing on CNN or MSNBC. Then over and over again, Fox is proven right, just as in the Hunter Biden laptop story. First CNN and all the others said it was untrue, then they said it was Russian Disinformation, then they said it didn't prove anything about Joe being involved, now they claim "it's just not interesting" It's laughable anyone trusts anybody but Fox. But the left just wants to live in its own little bubble and not be told things they don't like.

There sure is a reason their ratings are so high.

[Image: 200.gif]

In all seriousness it is because of ratings share and the demographics they serve. The demographics more likely to watch Fox News are also the demographics just more likely to be watching television more often and watching those sorts of shows. The demographics that tend to be left-leaning are not the ones that watch as much television, especially not the news channels. And when they do, they have multiple networks on the main cable networks. The right has Fox News and a higher percentage of television viewers in general. It has nothing to do with the value of their content.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 08:55 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What I've noticed on here, is that some are quick to bash and denounce anything produced by Fox News, yet they offer no insight or opinions on sources that they would deem to be completely unbiased reporting of the news, even when asked directly.

I don't consider any source to be unbiased. I use the wire agencies almost exclusively for my news, but even they have inherent biases in their reporting even if it is the least you can find.

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 08:57 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: There sure is a reason their ratings are so high.

[Image: 200.gif]

In all seriousness it is because of ratings share and the demographics they serve. The demographics more likely to watch Fox News are also the demographics just more likely to be watching television more often and watching those sorts of shows. The demographics that tend to be left-leaning are not the ones that watch as much television, especially not the news channels. And when they do, they have multiple networks on the main cable networks. The right has Fox News and a higher percentage of television viewers in general. It has nothing to do with the value of their content.

Oh, ok, so the left is all smarter. Got it. Keep dreaming, November is gonna be fun.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 09:10 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Oh, ok, so the left is all smarter. Got it. Keep dreaming, November is gonna be fun.

I didn't say that. At all.

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 10:32 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I didn't say that. At all.

So you just posted the sheep because what, you were aroused? Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 10:33 AM)Sled21 Wrote: So you just posted the sheep because what, you were aroused? Hilarious

It was a joke. That's why the part after it started with "in all seriousness."

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 10:35 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: It was a joke. That's why the part after it started with "in all seriousness."

Hey, if you want to play "romance the sheep", who are we to judge....
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 08:55 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What I've noticed on here, is that some are quick to bash and denounce anything produced by Fox News, yet they offer no insight or opinions on sources that they would deem to be completely unbiased reporting of the news, even when asked directly.

Well, I for one deem no news source to be unbiased. To some extent, this to me just is inherently unavoidable. You have journalists and humans following the news and politics intensely, there will be opinions about many of that and they will shine through.

Your statement reads like saying, well since there's no completely unbiased reporting, one source is as good or bad as the other and it does not matter. I'd say there are nuances. Eg. CNN imho is quite biased, but in general they have at least the facts straight and they at times at least try to let people from the other side of topics have their say. And they can sure critizise Biden and Democrats.  FOX, on the other hand, is a 'we hate everything liberal' show, where opinions are sold as undisputable facts all the time and no one (since Wallace, who I genuinely liked, is gone) had anything but unwavering praise for Trump.

As a foreigner who used to have lots of issues with our own media - I feel almost every news source in my country is more unbiased than almost every US source. Plus most serious German outlets, or BBC, come quite close to being unbiased, especially in comparison.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 01:25 PM)hollodero Wrote: Well, I for one deem no news source to be unbiased. To some extent, this to me just is inherently unavoidable. You have journalists and humans following the news and politics intensely, there will be opinions about many of that and they will shine through.

Your statement reads like saying, well since there's no completely unbiased reporting, one source is as good or bad as the other and it does not matter. I'd say there are nuances. Eg. CNN imho is quite biased, but in general they have at least the facts straight and they at times at least try to let people from the other side of topics have their say. And they can sure critizise Biden and Democrats.  FOX, on the other hand, is a 'we hate everything liberal' show, where opinions are sold as undisputable facts all the time and no one (since Wallace, who I genuinely liked, is gone) had anything but unwavering praise for Trump.

As a foreigner who used to have lots of issues with our own media - I feel almost every news source in my country is more unbiased than almost every US source. Plus most serious German outlets, or BBC, come quite close to being unbiased, especially in comparison.

I never did say that, or anything close to it.

What I will offer is that back in the 1990's, when I was taking Journalism classes en route to a Mass Communications degree, our journalism professor stood by one principle.  In a nutshell, that principle was "It's not our job to shape people's opinions.  We are to report the facts/events, and allow the reader/listener to make up their own minds on what to think of it.".

It would be nice to see the entire news media industry start trending back that direction.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote