Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's willing...
Other than reading up on things on Mondays (usually) I haven't paid a whole lot of attention to this team this year. It's too painful to pay close attention and see them lose game after game after game and far easier to see them lose like this and not pay much attention. I'll pay more attention when they turn the corner. For me it's like how i feel towards dogs. I love dogs, but after losing several year after year it seemed I quit wanting to get another.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 08:45 AM)Sled21 Wrote: We are still getting run on, yes, but the fixes that were brought in to address that are not available right now. 

Bell, Reader, and Alexander were all here the first two weeks of the season when we got shredded for 370 rushing yards.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 01:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bell, Reader, and Alexander were all here the first two weeks of the season when we got shredded for 370 rushing yards.

Way too impatient Fred. This is only year two for zac. Everyone knows a true Bengals rebuild takes 8-10 years.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 10:16 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Really? Because watching Mayfield go on a ridiculous 21/21 streak or whatever it was last game looked as bad as ever to me. Idc how many injuries you’re dealing with. That’s just flat out embarrassing, and Lou had absolutely no answer for it.

We played Single High with Bates pretty much the entire game with no pass rush. That will help any Offense. The Safeties are not
at the hashes so an entire part of the field is wide open for the QB to pick apart. It was terrible scheme and Lou should of went 
away from it when Mayfield hit like 8 passes in a row, let alone, 21 or whatever. I want a new DC after seeing that shit.

Should of went to Cover 2 or Cover 3, never stay with the Single High the ENTIRE FRICKIN' GAME!!! Whatever
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 03:56 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: ... There's absolutely nothing I can do to make them better so I don't fret over it anymore.

THIS.
Once I came to the same realization, it made things a lot easier.
Now, whenever I get razzed on by co-workers, friends, etc about the Bengals... I simply say, "it's out of my control."
Reply/Quote
wins are the only thing that matters
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 10:57 AM)Nately120 Wrote: When I think of reset buttons I think of my old Nintendo that I got in 1988 and then I realize that thing was still state of the art the last time the Bengals won a playoff game.

Press some buttons then! Maybe it'll bring back some mojo. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I'm very patient. We have a damn good qb now. Got to remember as much as Marvin was a winning coach here, he was 0-7 in playoff games. And in the national televised games...prime time...he won 8 out of 39 games. We just failed on the big stage. We are rebuilding right now. Both Super Bowl Bengal teams had crappy records the year before.
Reply/Quote