Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's your #1 pick this year?
You have the #1 pick in your FFL draft this year.  Who are you taking? 

QB?
RB?
WR?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
David Johnson RB
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 05:36 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: David Johnson  RB

Ya, that's who I'm taking #1 too.  I didn't know if anyone thinks the same way or not. 
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
A running back depending on who's available. I like Johnson, Bell, Elliot, and others.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2017, 12:13 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: A running back depending on who's available. I like Johnson, Bell, Elliot, and others.

With the first pick isn't everyone available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2017, 12:25 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: With the first pick isn't everyone available?

Ninja

Reply/Quote
Who is David Johnson?

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2017, 02:21 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Who is David Johnson?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Johnson_(running_back)
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2017, 02:21 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Who is David Johnson?

Any openings in your leagues?

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2017, 02:44 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Johnson_(running_back)

(07-28-2017, 02:50 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Any openings in your leagues?

Quit pulling his leg.  that isn't the David Johnson. 

This is the David Johnson.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Johnson_(Iowa_politician)

And Dog, I'll take that open spot in your league. 

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2017, 02:50 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Any openings in your leagues?

I remember David Johnson's rookie year I took him in the 11th round because I saw 2 minutes of him in preseason.

It was a live draft and everyone laughed at me for that wasted pick.

That dude helped me get to a championship big time come playoff time.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
So the next Adrian Peterson. Nice.

Ill take mixon.

Reply/Quote
Just found out I have the first pick in one of my drafts. It is a keeper league but both Bell and David Johnson can't be kept again. Elliot and Brown are probably gonna be kept. Not sure what's me gonna do yet.
Reply/Quote
I'm going back and forth in this.

Bell might be the best pick, but he can't stay healthy, which will be even more magnified by skipping camp and being even more likely to be injured. Having Bryant back should make him even better by keeping defenses even further back.

Zeke Elliot would be my clear-cut choice if he didn't have this suspension hanging over his head, and I think he still might be the best choice. With the Cowboys line being dominant and all of Zeke's abilities, he can do it all.

A lot of people will pick David Johnson, but I think Palmer's getting so old that teams won't respect the pass as much and will load the box to stop Johnson.

FINAL CHOICE: ZEKE
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2017, 03:21 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'm going back and forth in this.

Bell might be the best pick, but he can't stay healthy, which will be even more magnified by skipping camp and being even more likely to be injured.  Having Bryant back should make him even better by keeping defenses even further back.

Zeke Elliot would be my clear-cut choice if he didn't have this suspension hanging over his head, and I think he still might be the best choice.  With the Cowboys line being dominant and all of Zeke's abilities, he can do it all.

A lot of people will pick David Johnson, but I think Palmer's getting so old that teams won't respect the pass as much and will load the box to stop Johnson.

FINAL CHOICE:  ZEKE

Interesting. However, I don't think Palmers lost a lot. He should be effective enough to keep defenses honest.

Reply/Quote
(07-31-2017, 07:20 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Interesting. However, I don't think Palmers lost a lot. He should be effective enough to keep defenses honest.

Maybe, but then now he's another year older (36 or 37) and no one has ever defeated Father Time.

I was just seeing on Good Morning Football where they're going to spread Zeke out and use him more in the passing game, which has me intrigued because it will create huge mismatches.

I think that I'll hope that I get to pick in the #2 spot and just hope that someone else drafts Johnson first so then I can get Zeke and have the pick before one when it comes back around again (picking in the middle sucks because it's so hard to anticipate who will be available when it comes back around, making it extra-difficult to decide on who to pick in the first time through).
Reply/Quote
Jake Elliott

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 01:46 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: You have the #1 pick in your FFL draft this year.  Who are you taking? 

QB?
RB?
WR?

It has to be RB, because there are not many good ones.  Some teams draft 5 or 6 RBs to over compensate...I say draft early, draft talent......I like the 2016 RB's of 1,000 yards.   So my top RB is Elliott, then Howard, Murray, Ajayi......If I draft around first I can get Elliott, but who is left at pick 24 and 25 is rough.  Howard and Ajayi often gone as well as Fournette .   ....MY RB list is, Elliott, Howard, Murray, Ajayi, Bell, McCoy, Johnson, Blount, Freeman, Millar, Ingram, Gore and if I get 3 off this list, I'm done drafting RB's.  If a run on RB's, I would look also at Gordan, Hyde, Crowell, Ware. .....I've decided to not draft rookies after all. Let the others draft rookies....If I get Elliott, Ingram and Blount, I'm happy.....If I get Howard, Ajayi and Blount, I'm happy. 

Blount I try to get later...after 2 RB picks I go WR and TE....TY Hilton and a TE like Kelce or Olsen is a good start. Let the others take Jones, Beckham, Brown, Gronkowski. ..Not Me......2 Top RB's and then hopefully a TY Hilton and Kelce, Olsen or Graham at TE, because very few good TE's.....

Then I go WR 1,000 yards in 2016, of which there are many....I'm at picks 5 and 6 here.  I want Blount about now and I like Larry Fitzgerald.  

Picks 7 and 8....In need a QB and I like taking Rivers or Big Ben if Rivers gone...Looking to see if Brandin Cooks or Golden Tate or Demaryius Thomas or Mike Wallace, or DeSean Jackson or Kenny Britt still on boards.....

Picks 9 and 10....I like adding Big Ben to Rivers if possible but just noticed the flaw. Both have the same Bye Week 9.....Hopefully a good WR drops down that I mentioned, or maybe Tyrell Williams or Pierce Garcon hidden farther back, both 1,000 yarders in 2016....

11 and 12, I'm grabbing any 1,000 yard WR left and staring to line up my defense and kicker.  I want Patriots Defense, but I'll take Giants D late if Patriots gone...or Seattle, Houston or Denver if there but probably gone.....I like Tucker at kicker but Bryant or Vinatieri or Santos not bad late picks....

Depending on who was on the board at 12...If a top WR still there, I grab him and go Defense and Kicker last 2 rounds....but if not much talent at 12, I go Defense and Kicker at 12 and 13....the Best Available Athlete On Board in last round 14.....Either way, I'm happy.  

I end up getting my TOP 2 RB's.....A Top TE hopefully and a Top WR.....Then My WR's and Top QB's.....and my solid D and solid Kicker.....and this pretty much works almost every mock draft so far....Let the others draft the rookies or draft the injured players like Gronk in 2016....No, I won't get Rodgers or Brees or the WR's that go first 2 rounds as I go RB both rounds....but it really free's me up to then zero in on rest of my team. ...I was going to try to draft Fournette, Williams, Ross as First Round Rookies, but I can get proven Vets not looking Rookie.

I'm drafting RB first and second round....and then WR and TE third and fourth round if I can get a top TE like Kelce, Olsen or Graham. Otherwise I'll take 2 WR's in rounds 3 and 4. ....That's the start of my drafts. 

Last Round Hint....Nobody seems to ever draft Brandon LaFell or Marvin Jones and either would be a last round steal as a great bench depth. Just an idea how deep the WR pool is, and why short RB pool needs picked quick and fast. Plus people over draft RB, taking bench stiffs not worth drafting, and that opens up more WR's and many good QB's......I recommend 2 TOP RB's and a good Bench RB is better than drafting 5 or 6 stiffs later at RB. Quality, not Quantity.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Now that's some good solid Ffl draft strategy. I've always tried to follow those same guidelines till last year. Last year I was talked into taking top WRs in rounds 1 & 2. That netted me Julio Jones and Gronk. I tanked early in the season. This year I'm going back to drafting RBs early. My favorite drafting position has always been 5 in a ten team league. Right smack dab in the middle.

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2017, 05:00 AM)kevin Wrote: It has to be RB, because there are not many good ones.  Some teams draft 5 or 6 RBs to over compensate...I say draft early, draft talent......I like the 2016 RB's of 1,000 yards.   So my top RB is Elliott, then Howard, Murray, Ajayi......If I draft around first I can get Elliott, but who is left at pick 24 and 25 is rough.  Howard and Ajayi often gone as well as Fournette .   ....MY RB list is, Elliott, Howard, Murray, Ajayi, Bell, McCoy, Johnson, Blount, Freeman, Millar, Ingram, Gore and if I get 3 off this list, I'm done drafting RB's.  If a run on RB's, I would look also at Gordan, Hyde, Crowell, Ware. .....I've decided to not draft rookies after all. Let the others draft rookies....If I get Elliott, Ingram and Blount, I'm happy.....If I get Howard, Ajayi and Blount, I'm happy. 

Blount I try to get later...after 2 RB picks I go WR and TE....TY Hilton and a TE like Kelce or Olsen is a good start. Let the others take Jones, Beckham, Brown, Gronkowski. ..Not Me......2 Top RB's and then hopefully a TY Hilton and Kelce, Olsen or Graham at TE, because very few good TE's.....

Then I go WR 1,000 yards in 2016, of which there are many....I'm at picks 5 and 6 here.  I want Blount about now and I like Larry Fitzgerald.  

Picks 7 and 8....In need a QB and I like taking Rivers or Big Ben if Rivers gone...Looking to see if Brandin Cooks or Golden Tate or Demaryius Thomas or Mike Wallace, or DeSean Jackson or Kenny Britt still on boards.....

Picks 9 and 10....I like adding Big Ben to Rivers if possible but just noticed the flaw. Both have the same Bye Week 9.....Hopefully a good WR drops down that I mentioned, or maybe Tyrell Williams or Pierce Garcon hidden farther back, both 1,000 yarders in 2016....

11 and 12, I'm grabbing any 1,000 yard WR left and staring to line up my defense and kicker.  I want Patriots Defense, but I'll take Giants D late if Patriots gone...or Seattle, Houston or Denver if there but probably gone.....I like Tucker at kicker but Bryant or Vinatieri or Santos not bad late picks....

Depending on who was on the board at 12...If a top WR still there, I grab him and go Defense and Kicker last 2 rounds....but if not much talent at 12, I go Defense and Kicker at 12 and 13....the Best Available Athlete On Board in last round 14.....Either way, I'm happy.  

I end up getting my TOP 2 RB's.....A Top TE hopefully and a Top WR.....Then My WR's and Top QB's.....and my solid D and solid Kicker.....and this pretty much works almost every mock draft so far....Let the others draft the rookies or draft the injured players like Gronk in 2016....No, I won't get Rodgers or Brees or the WR's that go first 2 rounds as I go RB both rounds....but it really free's me up to then zero in on rest of my team. ...I was going to try to draft Fournette, Williams, Ross as First Round Rookies, but I can get proven Vets not looking Rookie.

I'm drafting RB first and second round....and then WR and TE third and fourth round if I can get a top TE like Kelce, Olsen or Graham. Otherwise I'll take 2 WR's in rounds 3 and 4. ....That's the start of my drafts. 

Last Round Hint....Nobody seems to ever draft Brandon LaFell or Marvin Jones and either would be a last round steal as a great bench depth. Just an idea how deep the WR pool is, and why short RB pool needs picked quick and fast. Plus people over draft RB, taking bench stiffs not worth drafting, and that opens up more WR's and  many good QB's......I recommend 2 TOP RB's and a good Bench RB is better than drafting 5 or 6 stiffs later at RB.   Quality, not Quantity.

Elliot is gonna be suspended if there is any justice in the NFL.   

I cant name any one RB I think is gonna go nuts this season as most are committee's

So I go with a WR I can root for.   QBs can always be grabbed in the later rounds with most guys putting up similar yardage
Reply/Quote