Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who saves their bacon drippings?
My mom still has the set of kitchen canisters that has one with a strainer for her bacon drippings.

Bacon fat can be used in all sorts of stuff. Good for sauteing onions and such. Also good to make gravy anytime you want it.

Interesting that bacon fat drippings don't have to be refrigerated.
Reply/Quote
I don't buy bacon anymore ever since people began thinking every damned thing had to be bacon flavored.. Bacon flavored orange juice, bacon flavored red koolaid, bacon flavored shit on a stick..  I just lost my taste for bacon.. especially on a stick.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2022, 11:37 AM)grampahol Wrote: I don't buy bacon anymore ever since people began thinking every damned thing had to be bacon flavored.. Bacon flavored orange juice, bacon flavored red koolaid, bacon flavored shit on a stick..  I just lost my taste for bacon.. especially on a stick.. 

I killed a gopher with a stick one time.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 10:37 AM)fredtoast Wrote: My mom still has the set of kitchen canisters that has one with a strainer for her bacon drippings.

Bacon fat can be used in all sorts of stuff.  Good for sauteing onions and such.  Also good to make gravy anytime you want it.

Still saving it in our house. 
Reply/Quote
I save my bacon grease it's the only way to cook Green Beans from the garden. I also render Beef Tallow lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 10:37 AM)fredtoast Wrote: My mom still has the set of kitchen canisters that has one with a strainer for her bacon drippings.

Bacon fat can be used in all sorts of stuff. Good for sauteing onions and such. Also good to make gravy anytime you want it.

I have a similar container that strains the bits.

One thing that is misleading in your post though, the drippings do go rancid. Refrigeration slows it down considerably, and frozen it has an indefinite shelf life.

Now, I did grow up in a house where it was just left out on the counter at all times, but my mom frequently dumped and washed the container.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 11:28 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I killed a gopher with a stick one time.

I hear the gopher police have been looking for you.. You're probably a serial gopher killer..We should report you to Greenpeace and the SPCA while we're at it. We do have multiple confessions by you on record.. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 01:37 PM)grampahol Wrote: I hear the gopher police have been looking for you.. You're probably a serial gopher killer..We should report you to Greenpeace and the SPCA while we're at it. We do have multiple confessions by you on record.. 

P-shaw!

The threat of attacks by stick wielding gophers is up 300% in Democrat controlled cities over the last 2 years.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 12:24 PM)Synric Wrote:  I also render Beef Tallow lol.

I keep schmaltz in the freezer.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 02:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: P-shaw!

The threat of attacks by stick wielding gophers is up 300% in Democrat controlled cities over the last 2 years.

Sounds like a republican meme..Don't forget about the caravans of gophers invading our borders.. and all the "woke" gophers..

Reply/Quote
"Bacon drippings".

Sorry, for a second there, i saw the title and the poster and thought it was a euphemism. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Bacon drippings ain't the same as they were when we were kids..It's all sugar cured garbage now.. 
Why, when we were kids everything was perfect all the time and our moms would beat us with a switch just for kicks and WE LIKED IT!  
Most of you don't know it, but a mom with a switch in her hand had more power than the supreme court..It was the law of the land back then.. lol

Reply/Quote