Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who should Stay and who should Go
So who should be traded and who should stay at the deadline.
According to me
Stay
Green ( as long as there commit to keeping past this season) a premiere WR and can help the new young QB.
Atkins- Still a top 3T; has three seasons left on his deal
Dunlap- a Dependable player who is also an excellent leader. Underrated player by the fan base. Has two seasons left on his contract after this season.

Has to Go
Andrew Billings- were well in place at Nose Tackle in the future with Glasgow, Wren, and Topu. Should fetch us between a late 3rd-5th Rd.
Glenn- he doesn't want to be here and he plays a premiere position. 3rd to 4th RD compensation.
Eifert- won't be here next season & We don't play him. Plus who knows when he would get hurt. Compensation 6th to 7th RD pick.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Andrew Billings is quietly one of the best young nose tackles in the league, giving him away would be pretty dumb, oh by the way he is still just 23 years old. AJ Green is great when he plays, but my guess is he will never play complete season the rest of his career. When the feet start to go on WR's they never really get it all back.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 02:40 PM)Au165 Wrote: Andrew Billings is quietly one of the best young nose tackles in the league, giving him away would be pretty dumb, oh by the way he is still just 23 years old. AJ Green is great when he plays, but my guess is he will never play complete season the rest of his career. When the feet start to go on WR's  they never really get it all back.

Andrew Billings will be expensive and keeping him when we have at least two players just as good at NT when it's not a premium position is pretty stupid.
J24

Reply/Quote
Gio should have been on the "go" list. But they felt the need to pay him like a top 10 back.

Gio
Eifert
Glenn
Geno
Dre
Price
Williams (Shawn)

All are a go.

AJ (I would be fine either way)
Dalton (I'd trade, but it won't happen mid season).
Dunlap I'd consider but not both Dunlap and Geno, so I go with Geno because we could possibly get more).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 02:40 PM)Au165 Wrote: Andrew Billings is quietly one of the best young nose tackles in the league, giving him away would be pretty dumb, oh by the way he is still just 23 years old. AJ Green is great when he plays, but my guess is he will never play complete season the rest of his career. When the feet start to go on WR's  they never really get it all back.

He's an unrestricted free agent too. We'll see if we can keep him.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 02:46 PM)J24 Wrote: Andrew Billings will be expensive and keeping him when we have at least two players just as good at NT when it's not a premium position is pretty stupid.

How do you know he will be expensive? My guess is he is about 4 million a year, a pretty fair number for a 23 year old player heading into his prime.

How do you know they are just as good? Topu and Glasgow scored 15+ points lower than him and they are older. Topu is a FA after the season and Glasgow only has one year left. 

Ironically enough acting like you can just jettison "not premium positions" and replace them with whoeever is what sunk our O line and to an extent our D line post Peko.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 02:34 PM)J24 Wrote: So who should be traded and who should stay at the deadline.
According to me
Stay
Green ( as long as there commit to keeping past this season) a premiere WR and can help the new young QB.
Atkins- Still a top 3T; has three seasons left on his deal
Dunlap- a Dependable player who is also an excellent leader. Underrated player by the fan base. Has two seasons left on his contract after this season.

Has to Go
Andrew Billings-  were well in place at Nose Tackle in the future with Glasgow, Wren, and Topu. Should fetch us between a late 3rd-5th Rd.
Glenn- he doesn't want to be here and he plays a premiere position. 3rd to 4th RD compensation.
Eifert- won't be here next season & We don't play him. Plus who knows when he would get hurt. Compensation 6th to 7th RD pick.

I actually will side with ownership on not trading away AJ Green if no one is offering a Day 1 or Day 2 pick. A 3rd round comp pick would actually be better then in that case. But I'd find it hard to believe no one would be offering at least a 3rd rounder.

I'd hate to see Billings gone. He was a favorite of mine when drafted and he's performing best out of all the NTs. But I get it if it happens.

I agree with trading away Eifert and Glenn.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 03:15 PM)Au165 Wrote: How do you know he will be expensive? My guess is he is about 4 million a year, a pretty fair number for a 23 year old player heading into his prime.

How do you know they are just as good? Topu and Glasgow scored 15+ points lower than him and they are older. Topu  is a FA after the season and Glasgow only has one year left. 

Ironically enough acting like you can just jettison "not premium positions" and replace them with whoeever is what sunk our O line and to an extent our D line post Peko.

Hard to say. Teams see young guys that hit the market from bad teams and sometimes pay them what they think they can turn them into. But, they obviously can't do that for every young player.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 03:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I actually will side with ownership on not trading away AJ Green if no one is offering a Day 1 or Day 2 pick. A 3rd round comp pick would actually be better then in that case. But I'd find it hard to believe no one would be offering at least a 3rd rounder.

I'd hate to see Billings gone. He was a favorite of mine when drafted and he's performing best out of all the NTs. But I get it if it happens.

I agree with trading away Eifert and Glenn.

A 1st Round pick would be the minimum I'd have to be offered to think of trading Green.

Billings? We probably won't get offered anything of value as he's not a pass rusher. May as well keep him and try to retain him. He's young enough for a rebuild.
Reply/Quote
Glenn
Eifert
Green
Dunlap
Should all go. Management has to think of the future they have to have a long-term perspective that they want to turn things around.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 03:32 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Glenn
Eifert
Green
Dunlap
Should all go.  Management has to think of the future they have to have a long-term perspective that they want to turn things around.

That's a fair list. I'd say any guys who are free agents who we might not be able to retain too.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 03:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Hard to say. Teams see young guys that hit the market from bad teams and sometimes pay them what they think they can turn them into. But, they obviously can't do that for every young player.

4 million is actually a decent Nose Tackle salary, it puts him on par with Jonathan Hankins. I feel confident we could keep him here for something in that range and that may be high. 
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 03:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: A 1st Round pick would be the minimum I'd have to be offered to think of trading Green.

Billings? We probably won't get offered anything of value as he's not a pass rusher. May as well keep him and try to retain him. He's young enough for a rebuild.

Problem with Green is his health.
Teams haven't seen him play a game since Dec 2, 2018.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 03:15 PM)Au165 Wrote: How do you know he will be expensive? My guess is he is about 4 million a year, a pretty fair number for a 23 year old player heading into his prime.

How do you know they are just as good? Topu and Glasgow scored 15+ points lower than him and they are older. Topu  is a FA after the season and Glasgow only has one year left. 

Topu is a RFA and Glasgow is coming off an injury & probably will be a 100% by next season. I don't disagree that Billings is a good player but they clearly are prepared for him moving on. The only question is do we wait a year to get compensation without using free agency or trade him now and use free agency.
J24

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 03:43 PM)J24 Wrote: Topu is a RFA and Glasgow is coming off an injury & probably will be a 100% by next season. I don't disagree that Billings is a good player but they clearly are prepared for him moving on. The only question is do we wait a year to get compensation without using free agency or trade him now and use free agency.

Say we get a 5th Round pick for Billings...do you think we'll land a quality player with that pick?
Reply/Quote
honestly id be more happy with every single player staying and Duke tobin mike brown Kate and troy blackburn go.
Reply/Quote
Can we trade for a new ownership group? At that point I could care less who stays or goes.

Pipe dream, I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 03:43 PM)J24 Wrote: Topu is a RFA and Glasgow is coming off an injury & probably will be a 100% by next season. I don't disagree that Billings is a good player but they clearly are prepared for him moving on. The only question is do we wait a year to get compensation without using free agency or trade him now and use free agency.

..or you resign him because he has ascended to being a good player. We drafted two HB's this year and still resigned Gio, so the whole preparing to move on thing is never set in stone. We keep our own when they are good, and sometimes when they aren't, I am willing to bet we resign him. 
Reply/Quote
Honestly, it doesn't matter. Keep Billings. Let him go. Keep this guy. Let that guy go.

We just don't have a management team that can fill a roster with enough quality players and hire qualified coaches enough to win in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote