Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who should be the next DC?
I am assuming ZT will still be here, and Lou will be gone. Who do you want to see as the next DC? I hear great things about the DC from UC, but I doubt they shop from their back yard. A lot of the best DCs are going to be HC candidates. I seriously doubt Mike Zimmer gets fired and/or would want to come back here as DC and that would also set up a sabotage-like scenario for him to get the HC gig.

I really have no idea.

I would prefer it be someone younger with more savvy against today's wide open offenses.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Still looking at Wade Phillips. Seems like a good match if ZT stays.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Since we absolutely have NOT gotten the proper players for a 3-4 in the building, my opinion is to go for a 4-3 guy so that when we AREN'T playing nickel, we aren't doing stupid things like putting Dunlap in coverage.

I would like to see some personnel mixings for the final 6 games, however; get Markus Bailey some reps, put ADG in base D and have him play the run, etc.

That way, if we do go back to old schemes, we know whom we can plug in, who to jettison and what areas need to be fixed.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Kris richard or Dan Quin.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Wade Phillips or Marcus Freeman

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 04:44 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Since we absolutely have NOT gotten the proper players for a 3-4 in the building, my opinion is to go for a 4-3 guy so that when we AREN'T playing nickel, we aren't doing stupid things like putting Dunlap in coverage.

I would like to see some personnel mixings for the final 6 games, however; get Markus Bailey some reps, put ADG in base D and have him play the run, etc.

That way, if we do go back to old schemes, we know whom we can plug in, who to jettison and what areas need to be fixed.

This.  I care slightly less about who and more about their intended scheme.  And to be clear, I care a lot about both.
Reply/Quote
Keep in mind, it can’t be anybody that has HC experience or might be good enough to be a HC. That would make ZT too scared for his job to perform it correctly.
Reply/Quote
I like Venebles from Clemson if they go college route.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Ray Horton
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Whoever the new GM and new HC want. I'll leave it up to them. Wink
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 05:16 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Whoever the new GM and new HC want.  I'll leave it up to them.   Wink

You saw how that worked out last time.

We must do it.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Question what.established DC would want to.come here
As long as ZT is HC? He will be a 4 win coach come
January. Not exactly a hot landing spot for a established
Vet like Wade Phillips or Dan Quinn.
Plus Zac isnt going to hire a DC that has prior
Head coaching experience. His insecurities would
Kick in and he would feel threatened.

My pick would be Dan Quinn.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 05:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Ray Horton

Who? Ninja 

I'll see myself out.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 05:20 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Who? Ninja 

I'll see myself out.

False, the correct answer is Hoo
Reply/Quote
Mike Nolan might be available, and I think we could be the only team in the league he has not coached for.

Dan Quinn will be at the top of everyone's list looking for a new DC. He will probably have better options than here. But if Taylor is still HC next year he might see this as a place where he could move up quickly.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 05:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Ray Horton

Or Marquand Manuel.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 05:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Or Marquand Manuel.

‘Yes please’ is my first reaction but I don’t know much about what he’s done as a coach. Didn’t he play for the bengals? I remember him playing for us.

He’s done a good job so far, right?
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
No decent DC is coming to this joke of a franchise.

Nothing good will happen unless they do what they should have done 30 years ago- hire professional personnel people and bring in a coach with a track record and who will demand excellence- while knowing how to treat players professionally- and with credibility.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 05:20 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Question what.established DC would want to.come here
As long as ZT is HC? He will be a 4 win coach come
January. Not exactly a hot landing spot for a established
Vet like Wade Phillips or Dan Quinn.
Plus Zac isnt going to hire a DC that has prior
Head coaching experience. His insecurities would
Kick in and he would feel threatened.

My pick would be Dan Quinn.

ZT gives the DC free reign to operate however he wants.
Plus, if (when) ZT is on the hot seat, there could be a great opportunity for that DC to move into HC.

So I would bet it'd be very appealing for someone who wants to have full decision-making power over the defense and has HC aspirations.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Wait for Zimmer to get fired, bring him back as DC, then move him to HC once they fire Zac after next year.

Side Note, Zac's record is 4-21-1, there hasn't been a worst start to a coaches career in NFL history!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote