Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who starts where at LB if Burfict returns?
Vinny Rey has been playing 100% of the snaps at WOLB. I just don't believe they will bench him when Burfict returns. So does Vinny move to SOLB? Does Vinny move to MLB and Maualuga back to SOLB?

Burfict would usually be one of the 2 "cover LBs" that play in our nickle package. It will be interesting to see if the Bengals play him in those situations or pull him off the field to rest his knee. Since we probably play more nickle and dime than we do straight 4-3 I'd like to see him play more oin that package, but our biggest problems have been stopping the run. So I am pretty sure we will see him on the field for most first and second downs.

And, I also realize that Burfict may not come back this year. But there are plenty of other threads to discuss that issue. this thread is about what will happen IF he returns.
Reply/Quote
Middle Rey M SlB Hawk WLB Vontaz
Nickle V Rey and Vontaz
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Not sure what the best combo is on the field but for whatever it's worth I think V.Rey has proved he can be an asset to this team. I'd like to see him continue to have a big role once Burfict returns.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 02:33 PM)ExtraRadiohead Wrote: Not sure what the best combo is on the field but for whatever it's worth I think V.Rey has proved he can be an asset to this team. I'd like to see him continue to have a big role once Burfict returns.

i would expect him to split some time with Burfict for the first few games as he gets his legs back under him.

But overall i think the starting lineup would be burfict Malauga and Hawk

With Lamur and V Rey taking the dime packages until burfict is 100%
Reply/Quote
I say Vinny moves to SOLB. Coaches love him. We pay him like a starter.

And it will be Lamur and Vinny in nickle package.
Reply/Quote
VB plays all 3 spots and we go 6 DBs,
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 12:55 AM)bfine32 Wrote: VB plays all 3 spots and we go 6 DBs,

Didnt we use 5 or 6 DB's due to injury last year when we played Denver? worked out pretty well.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully its Burfict, Maualuga and Dawson
Reply/Quote
Best 3 LBs against the run for PIT. i'm not afraid of Heath. Our DBs will be busy. Our DEs better have a good game setting the edge and rushing Ben.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 02:12 PM)J24 Wrote: Middle Rey M SlB Hawk WLB Vontaz
Nickle V Rey and Vontaz

That's what I was thinking as well. Or even, plenty of rotation between V Rey and Brufict when not in Nickle. 

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 02:12 PM)J24 Wrote: Middle Rey M SlB Hawk WLB Vontaz
Nickle V Rey and Vontaz

I'd take this as well. I prefer Hawk's run stopping ability more than most of our LBs. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 10:55 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Hopefully its Burfict, Maualuga and Dawson

I am going to award Dawson the "Jason Shirley Award" for getting the most love by doing absolutely nothing.

Why are so many fans in love with this guy?
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 12:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am going to award Dawson the "Jason Shirley Award" for getting the most love by doing absolutely nothing.

If you watched him in college he is a mini Burfict. He has a lot of potential.

That being said... He could be the next Shawn Williams lol.

I don't think we will find out until next year. He isn't touching the field this year for any reason but injury.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 12:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am going to award Dawson the "Jason Shirley Award" for getting the most love by doing absolutely nothing.

Lol, I know right! He may be good but he has proven nothing!
Reply/Quote

Want to make it clear that I am in no way anti-Dawson.  I liked the pick when we got him, and it is way too early to claim he is not going to develop into a solid starter.

I am just a dismayed as to why he has so many people who think he is so great.  I hope they are all correct because I have been saying for 2 years that our LB corps was weak.  Before last season there were a lot of people in love with Vinny because of one good game against the Ravens in '13, and Lamur was getting a lot of hype from coaches and fans.  This year a lot of people were psyched about signing Hawk on his last legs and drafting Dawson.

At this point I am in favor of keeping Vinny on the field in front of Hawk, Lamur and Dawson.  But nest year we need to take a LB high in the draft if Dawson does not take his game up a level.

LBs are not as crucial to a 4-3 scheme as they are in a 3-4.  But they are still an important part of the defense that we could improve the easiest.
Reply/Quote
Dawson is inactive.
Reply/Quote
Lol Dawson does get over hyped but he has a lot more evidence based on his past to support him then bum ass Shirley who was only hyped bc of hard knocks
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 02:27 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Lol Dawson does get over hyped but he has a lot more evidence based on his past to support him then bum ass Shirley who was only hyped bc of hard knocks

I think with Shirley it was mainly his size.  Back then DT John Thornton was a favorite whipping boy, and everyone was desperate for a giant run-stuffing DT.
Reply/Quote