Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who stays, & who goes ?
Well its that time of year when we start to speculate who will be on the roster next season. As for our QB situation, will A. Dalton be coming back? If we get the 1st pick in the draft, and we do get J.B, what back up QB will be keep, R. Finley, who stands at 6'4, or do we keep J. Dolegala, at 6'7 ? I would stick with the taller QB, J. Dolegala.
Reply/Quote
It's impossible to say on QB. What makes sense is trading Dalton for a pick to save salary...but the Bengals might want him here to mentor Burrow.

I think Dennard, Billings, Tupou, Wilson, and Fej are guys that should be back. Maybe Vigil. We'll see.

Of course, these guys will have to want to come back too.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 11:15 AM)Bigcatfan Wrote: Well its that time of year when we start to speculate who will be on the roster next season. As for our QB situation, will A. Dalton be coming back? If we get the 1st pick in the draft, and we do get J.B, what back up QB will be keep, R. Finley, who stands at 6'4, or do we keep J. Dolegala, at 6'7 ? I would stick with the taller QB, J. Dolegala.

I say first we gotta figure out who stays and goes from the coaching staff before we can figure out the players.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 11:35 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I say first we gotta figure out who stays and goes from the coaching staff before we can figure out the players.

Chances are they keep HC, DC, and OC. I'd probably fire them all. But, I doubt they do.
Reply/Quote
Dalton will be traded as the relationship has ran it's course. If no one wants to trade for him he will ask for and be granted a release is my belief. As for back up Ryan Finley will be the back up heading in to next year would be my guess. I could see a cheap veteran brought in as a camp body who has experience with Taylor/Callahan but they most likely get cut during preseason.
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 11:45 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Chances are they keep HC, DC, and OC. I'd probably fire them all. But, I doubt they do.

then next season is lost before it starts...  We don't have an OC by the way....  We have a HC that thinks hes an OC
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 11:15 AM)Bigcatfan Wrote: Well its that time of year when we start to speculate who will be on the roster next season. As for our QB situation, will A. Dalton be coming back? If we get the 1st pick in the draft, and we do get J.B, what back up QB will be keep, R. Finley, who stands at 6'4, or do we keep J. Dolegala, at 6'7 ? I would stick with the taller QB, J. Dolegala.

Instead of the players let's take a look at the coaches. First and foremost ZT cannot call offensive plays going into next season. He should hand the rein over to Callahan or hire a new offensive coordinator. 

As for the players; time to review the tape and see who to keep and who to let go. Players with 1 year left on contracts that are not playing up to snuff should be traded. Players who are often injured should be traded or not resigned. I would than review the tape of all FA to see who would help the team and fit the scheme. Bring in whoever the Bengals can that is a top tier FA that is willing to sign.  From there look over the roster and see what holes exist and bring in second tier FA to help fill some of those holes. From there I would use the draft and draft the best available player. Than use the college FA to bring in additional bodies for camp. I would also look at the waiver wire / FA again to see who was let go after the draft or who may be up for trade block and bring in anyone that fits the scheme and can help the team win. 

This would help setup the team for next year. 

If Callahan is no better than ZT at play calling or if ZT continues to call plays I feel what we see this year is probably what we will get next year.  
Reply/Quote
I still have this sick feeling in my stomach that these bozos are going to win the next 2 games.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals have the first overall pick, I think it will be very telling if Dalton is still on the roster on Draft Day.
I think that if Dalton is still on the roster, they won't go QB with 1st overall pick.
If Dalton is, I think they go Chase Young (if he declares), Andrew Thomas (obvious need for OL help), or Jerry Jeudy (depending on outcome of AJ Green).

I think only one of Billings and Tupou is kept.

I think John Miller and maybe Bobby Hart stick on the roster but neither may be starting next year depending on FA and/or draft.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 11:55 AM)Au165 Wrote: Dalton will be traded as the relationship has ran it's course. If no one wants to trade for him he will ask for and be granted a release is my belief. As for back up Ryan Finley will be the back up heading in to next year would be my guess. I could see a cheap veteran brought in as a camp body who has experience with Taylor/Callahan but they most likely get cut during preseason.

Has Mike Brown ever released  a value position guy?  Dalton has trade value for the right team on draft day or during next season.  Mike won't throw him away.  Zak Taylor was handed Marvin Lewis's aging unit so he'll want to continue bringing in "his guys" in free agency.  But of course Mike Brown will be the guy frustrating those plans.  The team was let down at QB, OL, LB and WR this season.  To name what I can see, of course the coaches see it differently.  So by rights they should be extremely busy in FA.  What will Mike Brown and family be busy doing? 
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 11:28 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's impossible to say on QB. What makes sense is trading Dalton for a pick to save salary...but the Bengals might want him here to mentor Burrow.

I think Dennard, Billings, Tupou, Wilson, and Fej are guys that should be back. Maybe Vigil. We'll see.

Of course, these guys will have to want to come back too.

Noooooooooooooooooo on vigil
My lord he’s bad.
Add Eifert AJ and Hopkins to that list and we’d be looking good going into the draft.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 03:11 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: Has Mike Brown ever released  a value position guy?  Dalton has trade value for the right team on draft day or during next season.  Mike won't throw him away.  Zak Taylor was handed Marvin Lewis's aging unit so he'll want to continue bringing in "his guys" in free agency.  But of course Mike Brown will be the guy frustrating those plans.  The team was let down at QB, OL, LB and WR this season.  To name what I can see, of course the coaches see it differently.  So by rights they should be extremely busy in FA.  What will Mike Brown and family be busy doing? 

We have cut veterans before cut down day that would have potentially had some value in order to let them go find good spots to try and make rosters. Dalton honestly may not have value next year based on how the QB market is shaping up right now. We will shop him but I stand by what I said, if we don't find value we will release him. The reality is we aren't going to carry a 17 million dollar back up into the season plus with a young head coach you don't want the angry veteran sitting behind the 1st overall pick causing issues not that it would but it can create some bad optics.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 03:11 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: Has Mike Brown ever released  a value position guy?  Dalton has trade value for the right team on draft day or during next season.  Mike won't throw him away.  Zak Taylor was handed Marvin Lewis's aging unit so he'll want to continue bringing in "his guys" in free agency.  But of course Mike Brown will be the guy frustrating those plans.  The team was let down at QB, OL, LB and WR this season.  To name what I can see, of course the coaches see it differently.  So by rights they should be extremely busy in FA.  What will Mike Brown and family be busy doing? 

The Brown family will be on vacation when FA start, similar to how they went on vacation when trade deadline was ending.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 01:24 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: then next season is lost before it starts...  We don't have an OC by the way....  We have a HC that thinks hes an OC

Not true. Callahan is the OC, Taylor just calls the plays. Bad system, but that’s what we have.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 11:55 AM)Au165 Wrote: Dalton will be traded as the relationship has ran it's course. If no one wants to trade for him he will ask for and be granted a release is my belief. As for back up Ryan Finley will be the back up heading in to next year would be my guess. I could see a cheap veteran brought in as a camp body who has experience with Taylor/Callahan but they most likely get cut during preseason.

Who has experience with Taylor or Callahan?

Better yet, who would want to have experience with them?

They've haven't even been here a year and I already want them shipped way, way out of town.

Reply/Quote
The outlook is not good. Zac doesn't have what it takes to take us to the SuperBowl, unfortunately.
Reply/Quote