Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who told the kids that?
I know a couple of children who came home from school yesterday in tears asking...

"Am I going to be made a slave?" and "Are my friends going to be deported?".

Who told these children that?
(11-11-2016, 01:07 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I know a couple of children who came home from school yesterday in tears asking...

The deplorable half of Clinton supporters.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Was it at this school?  

Language warning

https://mobile.twitter.com/ShaunKing/status/796735048535998464/photo/1

Edit: Or here?

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/education/index.ssf/2016/11/students_yelling_cotton_picker_heiling_hitler_at_this_local_school.html#incart_most-read_warren-county_article
This is second hand, but a lady I work with has a friend who adopted a child from Guatemala. The 10 yr old child is now terrified that he will be deported. What kind of insane parent would put those thoughts into a kids head?

I saw a facebook post on one of my friend's page from her friend, that stated that although she is now a US citizen, as an immigrant she is afraid she may still be kicked out.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(11-11-2016, 01:07 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I know a couple of children who came home from school yesterday in tears asking...

Do they go to school in bmore?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(11-11-2016, 10:20 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Do they go to school in bmore?

Uncalled for.

As to the topic at hand:  Some of these things come from the kids watching things and not understanding it all and get no guidance from their parents.  I'm fortunate that my kids are older and they can understand and will talk to us if they have a question.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-11-2016, 10:37 AM)GMDino Wrote: Uncalled for.

As to the topic at hand:  Some of these things come from the kids watching things and not understanding it all and get no guidance from their parents.  I'm unfortunate that my kids are older and they can understand and will talk to us if they have a question.

Did you mean unfortunate?  As in, "Crap here she is with another damned question.  I DON'T KNOW I'M JUST TRYING TO WATCH THE DAMN GAME."
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(11-11-2016, 10:38 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Did you mean unfortunate?  As in, "Crap here she is with another damned question.  I DON'T KNOW I'M JUST TRYING TO WATCH THE DAMN GAME."

Ha!  No.  I mistyped.

I am quite fortunate to have two kids willing to ask us questions and discuss things openly.
Here's the thing with "hate speech" and hate in general: It only and always reveals negative things about the 'hater' rather than the 'hated'. Whatever message or justification you may use to try to condone that hate is meaningless. It only shows your own capitulation to fear and your inadequacies.

For those with a religious inclinations, do a Google search for 7 Deadly Sins and you'll find it under "Anger".
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]

If you know these kids then why not ask them.

None of us have any idea who told them this.

But I am guessing that you really don't know these kids at all.
This school with these kids?

I would place a huge chunk of that blame on the media and the Democratic party.
They are the ones that repeatedly have made Trump out to be a racist and a sexist.
(11-11-2016, 02:43 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I would place a huge chunk of that blame on the media and the Democratic party.
They are the ones that repeatedly have made Trump out to be a racist and a sexist.

No, the sexist stuff was made by Trump's words and actions.

Racist just comes from his business dealings.

I don't know if he's racist, but I'd bet your paycheck he's sexist.
(11-11-2016, 10:20 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Do they go to school in bmore?

Savagery hot enough to burn down half a city. 
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(11-11-2016, 02:47 PM)GMDino Wrote: No, the sexist stuff was made by Trump's words and actions.

Racist just comes from his business dealings.

I don't know if he's racist, but I'd bet your paycheck he's sexist.

No need to bet, he most certainly is sexist.  There's a huge difference between being sexist and being a misogynist though and that's what he's typically labeled by his detractors.