Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who was mad today?
The hit on Joe Burrow should of been an ejection! Imagine if that was a hit on Ben, Lamar, Patrick or anyone else, it would of been an immediate ejection, but since we are the Bengals no one cares, and Joe still almost overcomes it all to get a win! Sorry.. ranting here!!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 01:55 AM)740Bengal Wrote: The hit on Joe Burrow should of been an ejection! Imagine if that was a hit on Ben, Lamar, Patrick or anyone else, it would of been an immediate ejection, but since we are the Bengals no one cares, and Joe still almost overcomes it all to get a win! Sorry.. ranting here!!!!

I’m not going to act like a rules expert, but I’ve watched that hit several times and it looks 100% clean to me. I think it was flagged because it was a huge hit on a QB, but the more I watch it, the less I think it deserved a flag, let alone an ejection.
Reply/Quote
I was more pissed about the lack of reaction from our big uglies. Whit would have been going after someone.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Honestly I was more concerned than mad. However you know what I loved about it? It didn't phase him at all. The dude is just a straight up G who is clearly going to lead this team to greatness.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 02:15 AM)J24 Wrote: Honestly I was more  concerned than mad. However you know what I loved about it? It didn't phase him at all. The dude is just a straight up G who is clearly going to lead this team to greatness.

Absolutely, but like Nicomo said, where were the pissed off linemen? Maybe I completely missed it, but I didn't see any. They already have the look/reactions of a completely defeated group and we're only 3 games in. That's almost as worrisome as their actual play.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 02:04 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I’m not going to act like a rules expert, but I’ve watched that hit several times and it looks 100% clean to me. I think it was flagged because it was a huge hit on a QB, but the more I watch it, the less I think it deserved a flag, let alone an ejection.

He still lowered his body and launched.  Definite penalty.  Not worth an ejection.  If anyone deserved an ejection it was the dumbazzes blocking (or not) for him. 
Reply/Quote
Could have been a penalty for being late, but no way was that even remotely ejection worthy. He hit him with his shoulder to Joe's chest. 100 percent legal.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 02:36 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Absolutely, but like Nicomo said, where were the pissed off linemen? Maybe I completely missed it, but I didn't see any. They already have the look/reactions of a completely defeated group and we're only 3 games in. That's almost as worrisome as their actual play.

Exactly. There is no sense of pride or fire on this oline. Who is the leader of the line? Who is going to call out the shotty play and demand that they be better like multiple people did for the defense (Bell, Bates, Reader). It’s like they know they suck and they just have their tails in between their legs hoping not to be noticed.
Reply/Quote
Agree it wasn’t worth an ejection. Isn’t there a rule against launching yourself into the QB though? The guy left his feet and went through Burrow after the ball was gone. I think that’s what initiated the penalty. I feel like I’ve heard that before, but that might have been one of the BS justifications for one of Burfict’s penalties.
Reply/Quote
It was a badass hit. If we did that to Big Ben we would all be high fiving each other. Of course, that would be an ejection lol.
Reply/Quote
Seriously, this OL is gonna get him hurt. Knowing our luck with injuries to rookies in our past, it doesn't appear they have a urgent need to fix it. This coaching staff needs to get things fixed and fast. Hart should not be on that field even as a waterboy. They have to make some moves this week. DO SOMETHING FFS! It's like they are blind to the tragedy that's happening right in front of their eyes. Hart is not going to get any better.

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 02:36 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Absolutely, but like Nicomo said, where were the pissed off linemen? Maybe I completely missed it, but I didn't see any. They already have the look/reactions of a completely defeated group and we're only 3 games in. That's almost as worrisome as their actual play.

That was my thought also.  Where is his lineman who should be coming to Burrow's defense?  There should have been some pushing and shoving going on.  At least get in his face with some jawing!  Do something to show you care about your starting QB because you obviously don't care about blocking for him.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 02:04 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I’m not going to act like a rules expert, but I’ve watched that hit several times and it looks 100% clean to me. I think it was flagged because it was a huge hit on a QB, but the more I watch it, the less I think it deserved a flag, let alone an ejection.

I haven’t watched a replay since the game but at the time it looked fairly clean. Did seem like he kind of launched himself, not sure if that qualifies as a penalty against a QB but I don’t think so. I would have been upset if it were called on one of our players.

One thing is for certain though, if that was Burfict he would have been ejected and suspended for the year. Just sayin
Reply/Quote
Agreed.

Also, I am beginning to think that we should write off this season and sit Burrow. Let Finley be the sacrificial lamb. Hopefully between a year of play and another draft and FA, the offensive line and defense will improve. Of course a coaching change or two might help as well.

Reply/Quote
What about the play Burrow was clearly tackled out of bounds?? It wasn't vicious or anything, but the dude brought him down well out of bounds yet Bynes gets called for a late hit when he made the initial contact in the field of play.
Reply/Quote
Joe is gonna die if we can't find a way to protect him. I say add that 6th offensive lineman to wherever the weak point is on the line. This guy is our future and has shown glimpses that he can bring us far but he can't do it himself.

Again, I would give this season a mulligan. We have glaring needs.

O-line
FB or Corey Dillon-type of RB
Dominant edge rusher
Veteran QB JB can learn from

The basic "bruising ground game to open up the air game" formula has always been valid.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Idk how much longer Mike Brown can actually sit back and see his future of the franchise quarterback get absolutely blasted play after play and not do anything?!? Can we sign some free agent lineman out there?!? They are out there.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 10:53 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: Agreed.

Also, I am beginning to think that we should write off this season and sit Burrow. Let Finley be the sacrificial lamb. Hopefully between a year of play and another draft and FA, the offensive line and defense will improve. Of course a coaching change or two might help as well.

Burrow really should demand a trade if we sit him out of fear.

Reply/Quote