Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who was your favorite pick?
(04-30-2018, 03:26 PM)Au165 Wrote: Exactly, he is a hands catcher

I caught a finger one time.

Back in college.

I was drunk.
Reply/Quote
Billy Price no doubt, like the pick and the kid.It's about time we kept players like him and Hubbard here at home instead of watching hometown kids on other teams wear us out. As far as intriguing picks, feast your eyes on Davontae Harris, if he plays like he looks, he's a new version of David Fulcher; this guy is chiseled! Anxious to see them on the field, already have tickets for the pre-season game in Buffalo!!
Reply/Quote
Price was clearly the most important pick, but my favorite was probably Bates. I’m so excited about getting a ball hawking safety. This team needs more turnovers in the worst way. It’s fun watching Iloka hit people, but we were desperately missing a playmaker back there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Obviously Price is huge since we've struggled at C for so many years now. I like the Brown pick a lot and I think Harris could surprise people too. But I really like the draft as a whole and the direction the team is heading. It seems like we have a lot more direction right now than we have in a while. Build a strong D and a very good run game to play ball control and open up the field. That seems to be the best recipe to a SB and I think we are doing things that are making us more that way.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2018, 02:47 PM)Wyche Wrote: After years of watching trainwreck after trainwreck try to replace Braham.....it's Billy Price.  As a big time FSU fan, I like Auden Tate, but I'm not sure he'll ever get past the practice squad.

This^, because there's really no better way to say it.  We finally have a rock at Center that we can rely on.

For years the "organization" has undervalued the position.  Glad to see them going back to fundamentals.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Went with Hubbard. I wanted a DE in this draft. As an OSU homer i tried to like him in the first but couldnt do it. Wasnt a fan in the second. But damn i love him in the 3rd.

This class was crazy shallow with 4-3 DEs. The saints bet the farm on a small school project. The other guy I liked Sweat had major medical concerns.

And here we are with a gift in the 3rd with a local boy still improving and the work ethic to put it all together.

With Willis and Hubbard at DE i like our future there. We had jack shit for a 4th DE after C. Smith left. Now we have a guy many thought was a late 1st early 2nd round talent.
Reply/Quote
Price even though I wanted Ragnow over him.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
My favorite pick was Pollack.
Reply/Quote
Price.

Stud player in a position of need...
Reply/Quote
Jesse Bates III with Darius Phillips a close second. I believe Bates can finally be that deep safety that we’ve never had under Marvin. It’ll be nice to not have to worry about the deep ball as much.

I think Phillips will be a solid contributor on ST while serving as a nice semi-used defensive player in a couple of years.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
What I like about this draft is that every player offers something unique to them. Not one of them is just "a guy".

My favorite is Phillips. I think that the offense would majorly benefit from field position to help eliminate long drives. This falls on the defense 1st, and then the ST return unit. Looking at Phillips, he bring something the Bengals haven't had outside of the sparsely used Adam Jones, and that's a return threat. I like the idea of him creating splash return plays to give the offense a short field.

Andy Dalton is very very good when in rhythm and with confidence. In watching the games, I feel like he feeds a great deal off of what happens with the other units. A short field/big play from the D or ST would gonanlkng way to getting the offense in gear.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2018, 03:35 PM)Au165 Wrote: I'd like to see him work a slant/fade combo. Learn to really body guys on the slant in man coverage but have a slant to fade move to go with it. IDK just kind of excites me when I turn on the tape, but it's a small sample size to be fair. 

Yep....that's the thing with him....small sample size, and hard to gauge due to young battery mates.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I voted Price, hands down my favorite player! I had made it clear on here, numerous times, that I wanted Bates from the git-go and was absolutely shocked we got him in the 2nd! Hubbard floored me, was not expecting him in the 3rd, so I had never even considered him honestly. Went nuts when we called his name!! Jefferson is the most intriguing pick to me. I really have never seen him play, but I had read, he was the best LB coming out of HS and didn't really fit into what Charlie Strong was doing in Texas, but played better under Tom Herman. If he can learn to get his instincts under control and just fly around without thinking, we might have landed a great LB!
Reply/Quote
Hubbard local kid who will be an excellent base Defensive End and can slide into DT in nickle. Love how the Defensive line is shaping up.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Burfict Brown Jefferson

should be fun to watch unless your the RB running into it
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2018, 11:44 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Burfict Brown Jefferson

should be fun to watch unless your the RB running into it

How do you see the LB corp while Burfict is out, Evans replacing Burfict?
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2018, 02:56 PM)Au165 Wrote: Devin Funchess ran a 4.7 40 so I am not too worried about the speed for Tate, what I like is that he scores TD's. I think there could be a place for him as a red zone specialty guy if he can be a willing blocker.

Tate against Fitzpatrick (#11 pick)

[Image: a1084b_fc2742a99b4f49daab0e65f9a61243cb~mv2.gif]

I like that he catches with his hands and Auden Tate does have great size.

He might make the team as a Red Zone option. We need to start scoring more TD's in the RZ, we were
terrible at this last season. Tate could help us here.

(04-30-2018, 03:20 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Walton steps in and helps STs....

Yeah, i see that now, at the time i just didn't think RB was a need cause i like Brian Hill quite a bit.

Walton is definately more of a gamebreaker than Hill though.

Should be some good competition for that last RB spot. The best ST's player probably wins out.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2018, 11:50 AM)sandwedge Wrote: How do you see the LB corp while Burfict is out, Evans replacing Burfict?

I think it will be Evans or Vigil. I think both can be good WILL backers, but not SAM backers. Vigil was a terrible
SAM backer last year but his one good game came at WILL. Just great to finally have a LB in Jefferson who can
play SAM. Great pick in the 3rd round. Could be a major steal.

He reminds me a lot of my favorite LB in this draft Trumaine Edmunds. Big and fast and takes good angles, can
shed blocks and be a thumper in the run game.
Reply/Quote
My favorite pick would have to be the DE/DT Brown drafted in the 5th round simply because of value and need. The strength of this pick comes from his performance at the Senior Bowl where he had an outstanding week. He excelled at shooting the gap showing an explosive first step. He shows excellent strength. The Bengals defensive line sees a dramatic drop off whenever Gino isn't on the field. No one else has been able to replicate his explosiveness and I see Brown filling that role. I think most were expecting the Bengals to draft more of DaRon Payne, massive run stopper, but apparently they are hoping Billings and Glasgow still develop. You obviously can't fill this many holes in one draft.

So to me they were determined to draft Price/center in the first. 21 was his top range to be selected. Had we drafted Price in the 2nd that would have been my favorite pick. Given Brown's performance at the Senior Bowl and combine I'm surprised he didn't go in the 3rd or 4th making him an excellent value in the 5th round.

edit- I want to add this is what they tried to do with Marcus Hardison. If at first you don't succeed.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2018, 09:11 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Went with Hubbard. I wanted a DE in this draft. As an OSU homer i tried to like him in the first but couldnt do it. Wasnt a fan in the second. But damn i love him in the 3rd.

This class was crazy shallow with 4-3 DEs. The saints bet the farm on a small school project. The other guy I liked Sweat had major medical concerns.

And here we are with a gift in the 3rd with a local boy still improving and the work ethic to put it all together.

With Willis and Hubbard at DE i like our future there. We had jack shit for a 4th DE after C. Smith left. Now we have a guy many thought was a late 1st early 2nd round talent.

I almost went with Hubbard as well.  I expected them to draft a run stopping DE as we have needed one for many years now.   I thought Hubbard might go in the 2nd so a 3rd seems like good value.  I think they believe he can grow and add about 10lbs to his frame still.  I love the person and hope this all pans out but have reservations.   I think I just need to see this.  In the meantime I expect him to take Chris Smith's 400ish snaps.   Last year they got the needed speed rushers and this is our run stopping DE.  It fits need and value.  I don't expect he will ever be all pro, but hopefully solid.  Good pick.  Let's hope.  Please to Dog be a good pick. 
Reply/Quote