Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who were you 20 years ago?
Had an old memory pop up on my FB feed today, and it gave me a fun idea.  For those of you old enough to have interesting photos that paint a good picture of who you were at that time, let's have some fun and share a few.

Here is your boy, Sunset Bengal.  This is 20 years ago, at age 32, in my Semi-Pro Football days.  I played RG and RDE.

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 05:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Had an old memory pop up on my FB feed today, and it gave me a fun idea.  For those of you old enough to have interesting photos that paint a good picture of who you were at that time, let's have some fun and share a few.

Here is your boy, Sunset Bengal.  This is 20 years ago, at age 32, in my Semi-Pro Football days.  I played RG and RDE.

RG you say?.... Perhaps Zac Taylor will channel his inner Dick Vermeil this summer.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 06:35 PM)jason Wrote: RG you say?.... Perhaps Zac Taylor will channel his inner Dick Vermeil this summer.

Eh, I may have "looked" prototype, but that was for Semi-Pro.  In that picture, I was 6'2" 235 with 32" arms and 10" hands.  On a positive note, I ran a 4.7 and ran down amateur QBs somewhat regularly..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 05:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Had an old memory pop up on my FB feed today, and it gave me a fun idea.  For those of you old enough to have interesting photos that paint a good picture of who you were at that time, let's have some fun and share a few.

Look at those short arms!  Hilarious  Ninja

I honestly couldn't tell you where I was 20 years ago? I never really stayed in one place for long.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 11:43 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Look at those short arms!  Hilarious  Ninja

I honestly couldn't tell you where I was 20 years ago? I never really stayed in one place for long.

Nah, our Center had the short arms.  That's why I'd have to chip his man when he was covered, before heading for LBs.  In 11 personnel, I'd be the lead blocker, by pulling around the short side.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
So glad there were no cell cameras 20 yrs ago. So glad...
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 10:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Eh, I may have "looked" prototype, but that was for Semi-Pro.  In that picture, I was 6'2" 235 with 32" arms and 10" hands.  On a positive note, I ran a 4.7 and ran down amateur QBs somewhat regularly..

Sssshhhh. Or you’ll be on Hard Knocks and Mike Brown will try to convert you to TE.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2021, 12:31 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: So glad there were no cell cameras 20 yrs ago.   So glad...

You and me both brother, you and me both....

I had returned to college, with my head on straight this time, and finished it up. I was pretty straight by then. Twenty five years ago, however.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Still trying to grasp everything that happened to me but still working my ass off to play football again because we didn't know how bad my brain injury was (brain scans the night of the wreck didn't show much damage at all so they didn't even know why I was in a coma. Go figure that a lot of my brain had been destroyed).
Reply/Quote
20 years ago was 2001 and I was 17. The summer between my Junior and Senior year I went through Basic Training. I played football (let's just say I was in excellent shape lol) then worked it out with the school to let me graduate after my fall semester and was off to AIT in the spring. Two days after my 18th birthday I was shipped overseas for my first tour.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I was a walking train wreck 20 years ago.. I drank way to much and had nasty drug habits.. Let's go further back to when I was still picking fights with guys twice my size.. No, wait..Let's not. I had to learn the hard way what a bad idea that was.. I didn't bother taking pictures of my black eyes and busted lips and such.. I will say that back then I could still outrun most mean dogs. Today I can't outrun parked cars missing all 4 tires.. Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 10:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Eh, I may have "looked" prototype, but that was for Semi-Pro.  In that picture, I was 6'2" 235 with 32" arms and 10" hands.  On a positive note, I ran a 4.7 and ran down amateur QBs somewhat regularly..

OK great...but what did you run the cone drill in? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote