Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will Bengals trade before deadline?
(10-21-2019, 11:44 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: A last second trade will be nixed because someone will screw up the paperwork and by the time it gets straightened out the deadline will have passed.

Watch it be a trade for like 2 1st Round picks for Glenn. Then, we'll waive Glenn and still have to pay him.
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown for a potato
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 08:52 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Why trade?  No sane NFL general manager would want anyone on the Bengals’ roster.  It would take years to de-Bengalize them.

Didn't take Whit long to get de-Bengalized.

Seriously, there is talent on this team. Now is that talent tired of losing, and an inept front office or being misused or surrounded by so much trash it can't thrive....that is the real question.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 11:49 PM)Destro Wrote: Mike Brown for a potato

Now that's just crazy talk. Who in their right mind would trade us a potato for Mike Brown.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals will not trade anyone because that’s the way Mike Brown operates. Should Cincinnati trade? Oh yes: I would purge half the roster if I could.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 11:49 PM)Destro Wrote: Mike Brown for a potato

Too high of an asking price, no one would pull the trigger.
Reply/Quote
Nothing will happen it will be the same old Bengals. I know Mike Brown’s way of thinking too well. Very stubborn man.
Reply/Quote
Here's what I think will happen:

Longer term plan:

AJ resigned to a multi-year deal, once he plays a game or two, probably London game and then that's it as long as he's healthy. For this rebuild they will need a solid veteran to help the new rookie QB and I think AJ wants to stay.

Dalton doesn't get resigned and sticks around next year to mentor whomever we draft in the first few picks at QB. After that we let him walk and somebody signs him as their backup or worst case we keep him as the Bengals backup for 2021.

Short Term plan, setting up for long run:

I could see Mixon getting traded (even potentially asking for a trade at this point) if anyone offered a 3rd round or better I say we take it. Atkins could get traded too, same deal, take a 3rd or better for him. Dunlap I could see getting traded, not sure what he's worth though, maybe a fourth? Could also see Erikson getting traded to the Pats or something like that, sell while he's high kind of thing.

Ok all this being said, this is what I would like to see them do, but what do I think they will do? Probably nothing or very little. I think they hold onto whomever they can for cheap, draft a QB high and try and draft O-line and LB's and hit the later draft lottery like we have been for a while now. Tobin is just a dinosaur in terms of strategy and planning for the team.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
Funny thing no one as usual. We will win with who is in the building.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 06:13 AM)chopperbobby Wrote: Funny thing no one as usual. We will win with who is in the building.

Your avatar belongs in the Hall of Fame. 
Reply/Quote
If you can get seconds for AJ, Carlos, and Geno each that would be a victory. Id take those picks and never look back.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Muhammad Sanu just got traded for a 2nd....a freaking 2nd. Now it's going to be the last pick of the round, but still!
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 08:15 AM)Au165 Wrote: Muhammad Sanu just got traded for a 2nd....a freaking 2nd. Now it's going to be the last pick of the round, but still!

Unreal. Assuming he's healthy, that all but guarantees a 1st round pick for AJ if they wanted to trade him, but we know how that will play out. 
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 08:15 AM)Au165 Wrote: Muhammad Sanu just got traded for a 2nd....a freaking 2nd. Now it's going to be the last pick of the round, but still!

Patriots are just hell bent on going undefeated and winning another Super Bowl. Bob Kraft don’t give a F. ....... meanwhile in Cincy, Mike Brown is trying to find that “massage parlor” Kraft was talking about.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 08:29 AM)Fullrock Wrote: Unreal. Assuming he's healthy, that all but guarantees a 1st round pick for AJ if they wanted to trade him, but we know how that will play out. 

Not necessarily. Sanu has another year left on his deal. Any team trading for AJ would only be getting half a season before he becomes an UFA.

Reply/Quote
Ugh why does my gut tell me that New England offered us a 1st for AJ.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 08:33 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Patriots are just hell bent on going undefeated and winning another Super Bowl. Bob Kraft don’t give a F. ....... meanwhile in Cincy, Mike Brown is trying to find that “massage parlor” Kraft was talking about.

Unless they take coupons there I doubt it.

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 08:34 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not necessarily. Sanu has another year left on his deal. Any team trading for AJ would only be getting half a season before he becomes an UFA.

True and good point. 
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 08:34 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not necessarily. Sanu has another year left on his deal. Any team trading for AJ would only be getting half a season before he becomes an UFA.

A 31 year old who has been nicked by injuries isnt going to be hard to resign.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 08:35 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Ugh why does my gut tell me that New England offered us a 1st for AJ.

I'd bet money they did. The optimist in me wants to think the Bengals are entertaining other offers they view as likely to be better than the last pick in the 1st round NE seems likely to obtain. The realist in me knows we just aren't going to trade. 
Reply/Quote