Poll: Who will be Inaugurated to become U. S. President on January 20, 2025 ? - POLL
Biden will be Inaugurated on 1/20/25
Trump will be Inaugurated on 1/20/25
Some other Democrat (but not Biden for whatever reason)
Some other Republican (but not Trump for whatever reason)
Someone else that is neither Republican or Democrat
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Who will be Inaugurated to be U. S. President on January 20, 2025 ? - POLL

Who will be Inaugurated to be U. S. President on January 20, 2025 ? - POLL

(who will actually be Inaugurated)

(If you choose someone other than Biden or Trump then name who that person would be in a Post if you can)
Reply/Quote
Not sure i see the point in this, the number of people on the left out number the people on the right.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2024, 06:21 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Not sure i see the point in this, the number of people on the left out number the people on the right.

So it appears that you see Biden winning.

Polling seems to show Trump doing well in the Swing States right now for whatever that may be worth.

I posted the Poll because I am uncertain exactly how this will all play out.

Posters on this Politics and Religion area seem to delve quite deeply into various issues and I wondered just how they

see this unfolding to a final result.

Not who they want to win but who they think will actually end up being Inaugurated under this current Polarized Political Environment.
Reply/Quote
As much as I fear it, I think enough states will vote for Trump. He will again lose the popular vote but enough states will carry him to victory.
Reply/Quote
I think it is a bit early for this, as many are thinking it is a bit early for polls.

I believe President DJT will win due to the "Never Biden" voter block, and people voting based on the effects of inflation and illegal aliens. The deterioration of Joe Biden is not helping the cause, and the conviction of DJT has not hurt his campaign, as evidenced in another thread via polls (within the margin of error).

Both are crap choices, it is just a matter of which crap goes best with you choice of bread and condiments.

Whatever happens, America will survive, and we will complain about the next set of leaders.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2024, 10:17 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: I think it is a bit early for this, as many are thinking it is a bit early for polls.

I believe President DJT will win due to the "Never Biden" voter block, and people voting based on the effects of inflation and illegal aliens. The deterioration of Joe Biden is not helping the cause, and the conviction of DJT has not hurt his campaign, as evidenced in another thread via polls (within the margin of error).

Both are crap choices, it is just a matter of which crap goes best with you choice of bread and condiments.

Whatever happens, America will survive, and we will complain about the next set of leaders.

But I've been told if Trump wins, it's the end of Democracy???
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2024, 11:20 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: But I've been told if Trump wins, it's the end of Democracy???

Only if we let him. His last attempt to end our democracy failed like most of his businesses. Lucky for us his VP was an old school republican and had enough courage to do the right thing. We might not be so lucky next time if it’s one of these new school MAGA republicans who are willing to put aside all morales and values just to please dear leader.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2024, 02:17 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Only if we let him. His last attempt to end our democracy failed like most of his businesses. Lucky for us his VP was an old school republican and had enough courage to do the right thing. We might not be so lucky next time if it’s one of these new school MAGA republicans who are willing to put aside all morales and values just to please dear leader.

Right on cue!

Your slipping again, forgot to toss in Epstein somewhere in there.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2024, 02:28 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Right on cue!

Speaking of which.

In that same interview where he said he never said lock her up and that he was going to cut the department of education. He also got asked about Epstein. Very guilty conscience type answer. Did you see that one? Here was just a short clip.

https://youtube.com/shorts/ZJorAVgHy7Y?si=hdBvVVvuPI5P8908

Very funny stuff if you can get past how sad it is we are living in a prequel to Idiocracy.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2024, 02:28 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Right on cue!

That Epstein connection bothers you a lot. huh?  That's at least two threads you've brought him up when he wasn't mentioned.

Of course it bothers Trump too.

Since you brought it up...again:

https://www.newsweek.com/everything-donald-trump-has-said-about-jeffrey-epstein-relationship-1857139

Quote:Everything Donald Trump Has Said About Jeffrey Epstein Relationship

[color=var(--art-hightlight-color)]Published Jan 02, 2024 at 2:10 PM EST[/color]

By [color=var(--art-hightlight-color)]Aila Slisco[/color]
Writer
FOLLOW
[color=var(--art-hightlight-color)]9[/color]

[/url]

Former President [url=https://www.newsweek.com/topic/donald-trump]Donald Trump
 once described late financier and convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein as a "terrific guy" who liked women "on the younger side."

Epstein pleaded guilty to soliciting prostitution from a person under 18 as part of a 2008 plea deal. He was arrested in a far larger federal sex trafficking case in July 2019, dying behind bars in what prison officials ruled a suicide one month later.

This week, the identities of more than 170 previously anonymous associates and victims of Epstein are set to be revealed after U.S. Federal Judge Loretta Preska ordered the unsealing of a trove of court documents.

The development has sparked speculation about the names that could be on the list, alongside renewed scrutiny of Epstein's relationship with powerful men like Trump and former President Bill Clinton.
[Image: donald-trump-jeffrey-epstein-everything-...c2f5390518]
Jeffrey Epstein and Donald Trump are pictured together at Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach, Florida, in 1997. Trump later called Epstein a "terrific guy" before claiming that he was "not a fan" following Epstein's sex trafficking... More DAVIDOFF STUDIOS

[Image: newsletter-white.svg]NEWSLETTER
The Bulletin
Your Morning Starts Here
Begin your day with a curated outlook of top news around the world and why it matters.
 I want to receive special offers and promotions from Newsweek
By clicking on SIGN ME UP, you agree to Newsweek's Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.You may unsubscribe at any time.

While it is unclear whether Trump will be named in the unsealed records, the former president's relationship with Epstein, by his own admission, dated back to at least 1987.

"I've known Jeff for 15 years. Terrific guy," Trump told New York magazine in 2002. "He's a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it—Jeffrey enjoys his social life."

After Epstein was arrested in July 2019, Trump said he only knew Epstein because "everybody in Palm Beach" did. Trump said that he had not spoken to Epstein "in 15 years" due to "a falling out."

"I was not a fan of his, that I can tell you," Trump said, while also claiming that Epstein was never a member of his Mar-a-Lago club.
During an interview with former Fox News host Tucker Carlson earlier this year, Trump said that the convicted sex offender and suspected sex trafficker had been "a fixture" in Palm Beach, Florida, and had a "beautiful" life before the discovery of his crimes.

"He was a fixture in Palm Beach," Trump said. "I think he probably committed suicide. He had a life with, you know, beautiful homes and beautiful everything. And all of a sudden, he's incarcerated and not doing very well."

Newsweek reached out for comment to Trump's office via email on Tuesday.

[color=rgba(12, 11, 11, 0.8)]READ MORE
[/color]

Despite Trump's remarks, there have been indications that Epstein may have been a member of Mar-a-Lago, or at least a friendly guest. Video footage released by NBC in 2019 shows Trump entertaining Epstein at the property in November 1992.

A 2020 book, The Grifter's Club, claimed that Epstein had been a member of the club. By October 2007, Epstein was reportedly banned over fears that he "could irreparably harm the Trump brand" after being caught hitting on a member's teenage daughter.
A January 2021 Vanity Fair article purporting to detail the "epic bromance" between Trump and Epstein claimed that the men fell out in 2005 over a real estate dispute.

Flight logs made public later in 2021 indicated that Trump flew on Epstein's private jet, which has been called the "Lolita Express," at least seven times, although there has been no evidence of Trump engaging in any related wrongdoing.

Longtime Trump associate Roger Stone dismissed connections between the former president and Epstein as a "smear" during an appearance on Lindell TV earlier this year, while adding that Trump once visited Epstein's Palm Beach, Florida, residence.

"[Trump] told the traveling security guard, 'Wow, what a nice guy Jeffrey Epstein is, letting all the kids in the neighborhood swim in his pool,'" Stone said. "Reportedly, Trump left the Epstein residence after only 15 minutes because he was uncomfortable with the mix of younger women and the limited number of men."

In addition to Trump's relationship with Epstein, the former president said he met with Epstein's associate Ghislaine Maxwell "numerous times over the years" and wished her "well" after her arrest in 2020. Maxwell was later convicted of multiple child sex trafficking crimes and is serving a 20-year prison sentence.

And, just last week, Trump dithered on releasing more info on the client list:

When, and be honest, when has Trump ever cared about "phony stuff" or affecting people's lives?  

If he thought, for a second, that he could damage his "enemies"by releasing that he would.  Unless there are names on there (**cough**Trump**cough**) that he doesn't want out.

So anyway...I think the person inaugurated will be the person who wins the most electoral votes.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2024, 11:20 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: But I've been told if Trump wins, it's the end of Democracy???

A lot of people think God himself has specifically chosen Donald Trump as the only man who can save our country.  All I'm saying is that things here are so terrible that we may need to bend "the rules" a bit and give him more than 4 years in order to make sure we fix things and we don't fall directly back into ruin as soon as he's gone (like we did from 2020-2024).

Explain to me why after returning to Trump in 2024 we should risk letting another democrat cheat his/her way back into power like Biden did so he/she can go right back to putting America last, allowing amoral people to corrupt and abuse our children, and opening our border right back up while doing everything they can to disarm the police and law-abiding citizens.

We could easily go down the same road Russia did when they re-elected Putin to what was supposed to be a regular "rule-abiding" term or two.  The thing is that enough people are open to the idea of "suspending" our democracy in the name of getting things back on track. 
Reply/Quote
There's just not enough Tin Foil hats for you guys
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2024, 10:43 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: There's just not enough Tin Foil hats for you guys

The biggest leap of judgment is that the usa is immune to the historically predicted decline of democracy.  I see us more like that guy saying he's not afraid of trying coke because he won't get addicted like other people. Or maybe it's more like that guy who says other people shouldn't drive dunk but he can because he's careful about it.
Reply/Quote
The only consolation is we manage to keep on going despite the predictions that whoever is elected is going to destroy the country. My whole life, President Whoever was going to destroy the country. “No but this time he really will.”
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2024, 06:41 PM)michaelsean Wrote: The only consolation is we manage to keep on going despite the predictions that whoever is elected is going to destroy the country. My whole life, President Whoever was going to destroy the country. “No but this time he really will.”

True, this is pretty much Dukakis vs Bush all over again.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2024, 06:41 PM)michaelsean Wrote: The only consolation is we manage to keep on going despite the predictions that whoever is elected is going to destroy the country. 

There are definitely 2 different trajectories being considered by Voters and one of the two will become the Reality

on January 20, 2025 for those next 4 years plus any influence those 4 years will have on other years beyond.

In a Country of around 330 million people it is concerning that no matter who gets elected (Biden or Trump) many on the other side

will have a vehement mistrust in them and their Party.

* If it is Biden that is getting Inaugurated in 2025, will many Republicans feel that the process was unfair or that they are unrepresented ?

* If it is Trump that is getting Inaugurated in 2025, will there be any election denying from Democrats or any attempts by some to "insurrect" ? 

Both sides have Branded the other with some extremely broad brush Pot Stirring labels that can only foster even more mistrust.       

This mistrust seems to be nearing a damaging level but as you said the Country will probably "manage to keep on going" but in what form.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 1c512c0a-2a47-4336-b671-cbb854287968.2a8...1e090.jpeg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2024, 01:35 AM)depthchart Wrote: * If it is Biden that is getting Inaugurated in 2025, will many Republicans feel that the process was unfair or that they are unrepresented ?

* If it is Trump that is getting Inaugurated in 2025, will there be any election denying from Democrats or any attempts by some to "insurrect" ? 

Both sides have Branded the other with some extremely broad brush Pot Stirring labels that can only foster even more mistrust.       

This mistrust seems to be nearing a damaging level but as you said the Country will probably "manage to keep on going" but in what form.

Documentable irregularities (not Italian lasers and Chinese paper) could produce Dem challenges, or Republican, in various states, a la Florida in 2000.

Also, new laws in Republican states like AZ and GA could create chaos if a close and murky result is shifted to the state legislature for final decision.

Absent that, no, I don't seem much in the way of election denying. If the Electoral college shows Trump a clear winner, Biden will concede.
There'll be no 1/6 style insurrection during certification. Biden won't do that, his people would not go along, and even if they did there is no Dem
cult to march on the Capitol believing they were following their Dear Leader's orders.  The party's and their leaders are VERY different.

As far as "manage to keep going"--it's quite possible we are are still a democracy in ten years, but if Trump wins there will be democratic and 
constitutional crisis. Worse still, the media machine which exempts him from accountability will work overtime blaming the chaos on Dems and the 
deep state.  Not sure the country will recover from that. It would take a revamp of our public education system to create a new generation of voters
with a clear idea of what democracy is, and why it collapses when it does. 
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2024, 06:41 PM)michaelsean Wrote: The only consolation is we manage to keep on going despite the predictions that whoever is elected is going to destroy the country. My whole life, President Whoever was going to destroy the country. “No but this time he really will.”

And I remember one election when people were mocked for warning that the sitting president might not go quietly. 

And that time he really didn't. 
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2024, 10:06 AM)Nately120 Wrote: A lot of people think God himself has specifically chosen Donald Trump as the only man who can save our country.  All I'm saying is that things here are so terrible that we may need to bend "the rules" a bit and give him more than 4 years in order to make sure we fix things and we don't fall directly back into ruin as soon as he's gone (like we did from 2020-2024).

Explain to me why after returning to Trump in 2024 we should risk letting another democrat cheat his/her way back into power like Biden did so he/she can go right back to putting America last, allowing amoral people to corrupt and abuse our children, and opening our border right back up while doing everything they can to disarm the police and law-abiding citizens.

We could easily go down the same road Russia did when they re-elected Putin to what was supposed to be a regular "rule-abiding" term or two.  The thing is that enough people are open to the idea of "suspending" our democracy in the name of getting things back on track. 

Well said. Enough people are also open to the autocratic, xenophobic leaders and reducing the strength of our alliances if it will bring down gas prices.
Reply/Quote