Poll: Who will be Inaugurated to become U. S. President on January 20, 2025 ? - POLL
Biden will be Inaugurated on 1/20/25
Trump will be Inaugurated on 1/20/25
Some other Democrat (but not Biden for whatever reason)
Some other Republican (but not Trump for whatever reason)
Someone else that is neither Republican or Democrat
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Who will be Inaugurated to be U. S. President on January 20, 2025 ? - POLL
(06-10-2024, 08:01 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I want Trump to unite the country, not go after Biden or anyone personally. [/b]I feel a Garland DOJ is politically motivated, Trump needs to clean up the DOJ by firing them, not persecuting them. I don't think you have any idea how Trump supporters think, you continually treat us as uneducated morons, we are far from it.

Will the Democrats be adult if Trump wins, or will they throw a temper tantrum as they did in 2016?

This seems like a funny thing to say, since the guy that threw the biggest temper tantrum over a lost election was Mr. Trump in 2020, and all the followers that to this day stick with the rigged election narrative - or, like you, can not possibly bring themselves to say that Trump's claim of him actually having won in a landslide if it weren't for massive voter fraud was untrue. How very adult.

(06-10-2024, 08:01 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It takes 2 people to stop a fight, Trump had said over and over again, no retribution. Problem is liberals have no policy to run on so only thing they can do is make up false propaganda about Trump and his supporters.

Oh sure, the guy that says things like indict the Jan6 committee, how revenge can be justified and that he is your retribution is certainly not about retribution.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2024, 08:40 PM)hollodero Wrote: This seems like a funny thing to say, since the guy that threw the biggest temper tantrum over a lost election was Mr. Trump in 2020, and all the followers that to this day stick with the rigged election narrative - or, like you, can not possibly bring themselves to say that Trump's claim of him actually having won in a landslide if it weren't for massive voter fraud was untrue. How very adult.

Oh sure, the guy that says things like indict the Jan6 committee, how revenge can be justified and that he is your retribution is certainly not about retribution.

Like I said, Trump supporters have a better chance of convincing me his takeover is going to be awesome rather than convince me he's just going to do a 180 and become a milquetoast regular ol' president.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2024, 08:01 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote:
I want Trump to unite the country, not go after Biden or anyone personally.
I feel a Garland DOJ is politically motivated, Trump needs to clean up the DOJ by firing them, not persecuting them. I don't think you have any idea how Trump supporters think, you continually treat us as uneducated morons, we are far from it.

Will the Democrats be adult if Trump wins, or will they throw a temper tantrum as they did in 2016?

It takes 2 people to stop a fight, Trump had said over and over again, no retribution. Problem is liberals have no policy to run on so only thing they can do is make up false propaganda about Trump and his supporters.

Correct.

Many on the left believe that people voting for DJT are caricatures of right wing extremists, believing their own propaganda. 

He may unite the country again, if elected. DJT is already uniting minority voters behind his, as they had financial success during his first term, and they feel injured and neglected by the influx of illegal aliens and the preferential treatment they receive.

The left knows this, so their media feeds the masses nonsense to feed their TDS and keep them rabid. I wish less would fall for it, but we see them led by the nose time and time again.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2024, 07:50 AM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: Correct.

Many on the left believe that people voting for DJT are caricatures of right wing extremists, believing their own propaganda. 

He may unite the country again, if elected.

The problem is that Trump is probably the least suited person to unite. He is extremely hyperbolic, tells a thousand lies a day, and while it's true that he gets villified he himself is the master of villification. Whoever does not agree with him is evil, an enemy of the country, a criminal or dumb as a rock. His whole schtick is division and creating disdain, that is not a uniter. Most other conservatives would probably be more apt for that role.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2024, 08:21 AM)hollodero Wrote: The problem is that Trump is probably the least suited person to unite. He is extremely hyperbolic, tells a thousand lies a day, and while it's true that he gets villified he himself is the master of villification. Whoever does not agree with him is evil, an enemy of the country, a criminal or dumb as a rock. His whole schtick is division and creating disdain, that is not a uniter. Most other conservatives would probably be more apt for that role.

Trump is Better than anyone else running for office

His schtick isnt what the media tells you it is lol
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2024, 08:25 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Trump is Better than anyone else running for office

His schtick isnt what the media tells you it is lol

I would be happy if this whole "the media tells you things and you are too dumb to think for yourself"-argument would finally be laid to rest. It is not a fair thing to assume about me. My assessment of Trump does not depend on CNN or MSNBC, I'm not even American. I just listen to the man himself and his rhetorics just seem ill-suited to unite a country.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2024, 08:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So when Trump says "I am your retribution" he's either lying or he's just too demented to not contradict himself in an exceedingly blatant manner?  Or was he talking about the auto industry or Minecraft, or what?  It's cool that you think Trump is just another run of the mill president but a lot of people think he's not and he's going to do stuff other presidents didn't have the balls to do.

It is simple to me; he is saying his base winning and putting the country back on a better path (success) is retribution. I see no mention of his speeches of locking journalists or liberals up. That is fabricated by the left to get liberals to vote.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2024, 08:40 PM)hollodero Wrote: This seems like a funny thing to say, since the guy that threw the biggest temper tantrum over a lost election was Mr. Trump in 2020, and all the followers that to this day stick with the rigged election narrative - or, like you, can not possibly bring themselves to say that Trump's claim of him actually having won in a landslide if it weren't for massive voter fraud was untrue. How very adult.

Only 1 POTUS attempted to put the other in jail. Biden did and does what uninformed liberals say Trump MAY DO.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2024, 09:22 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It is simple to me; he is saying his base winning and putting the country back on a better path (success) is retribution. I see no mention of his speeches of locking journalists or liberals up. That is fabricated by the left to get liberals to vote.

So all the lock her up chants were what, a collective psychosis of the left hearing something that was never said?

Here's some more things he did not say: 
"So, go to the reporter & ask him/her who it was. If not given the answer, put whoever in jail until the answer is given. You might add the editor and publisher to the list."
"And they say ‘We’re not gonna tell you.’ They say ‘That’s OK, you’re going to jail.’ And when this person realizes he’s going to be the bride of another prisoner very shortly, he will say ‘I’d very much like to tell you exactly who that leaker is!"
“You tell the reporter who is it … and if the reporter doesn’t want to tell you it’s ‘bye bye.’ The reporter goes to jail. When the reporter learns he’s going to be married to a certain prisoner that’s extremely strong, tough, and mean, he will say, ‘you know, I think I’m going to give you the information.'"

As for liberals, he openly said “it’s very possible that it’s gonna have to happen to them” regarding jail time. Oh, and he also said "Crooked Hillary Clinton’s top aid, Huma Abedin, has been accused of disregarding basic security protocols. She put Classified Passwords into the hands of foreign agents. Remember sailors pictures on submarine? Jail!"
"Rep. Adam Schiff illegally made up a FAKE & terrible statement, pretended it to be mine as the most important part of my call to the Ukrainian President, and read it aloud to Congress and the American people. It bore NO relationship to what I said on the call. Arrest for Treason?"
"My Campaign for President was conclusively spied on. Nothing like this has ever happened in American Politics. A really bad situation. TREASON means long jail sentences, and this was TREASON!"
"Unless Bill Barr indicts these people for crimes, the greatest political crime in the history of our country, then we’re going to get little satisfaction unless I win and we’ll just have to go, because I won’t forget it. But these people should be indicted, this was the greatest political crime in the history of our country and that includes Obama and it includes Biden."

- He also wondered why a plethora of folks are not in jail, that include Brennan, Mueller, Comey, McCabe, Strzok, Page and many others, asking "Now that Russia collusion is a proven lie, when do the trials for treason begin?"

And you claim you see "no mention" of jailtime by Trump? How selective is your listening?
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2024, 09:25 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Only 1 POTUS attempted to put the other in jail. Biden did and does what uninformed liberals say Trump MAY DO.

It's also what Trump himself says he may do.

Btw. if Biden is guilty of a criminal act, then I'd absolutely be in favor of him getting charged and sentenced accordingly, and it does not matter who is president while this takes place. Same goes for Trump. Maybe you might want to blame him for his actual misdeeds. Whatever happened to "guilty after proven guilty in court"?
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2024, 09:22 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It is simple to me; he is saying his base winning and putting the country back on a better path (success) is retribution. I see no mention of his speeches of locking journalists or liberals up. That is fabricated by the left to get liberals to vote.

If Trump is such a leader for the common people we shouldn't need a decoder ring to figure out what he really means. 

Retribution is lower gas prices, got it.  Even my future success has to sound like a threat because the other side thrives on fear and violence.  
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2024, 02:23 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I believe one of the things that hurts Biden the most are topics with differing opinions with his administration and the progressive far left as opinions of the 'right wing', which simply isn't the case. The moderates out there I believe tend to side with opinions opposite of the 'progressive woke left' (not progressive left of years ago) on issues such as border security, forced dei, certain gender topics, etc. I mean, I don't know of any moderates that want millions of illegals streaming over every year while thinking its ok for a kid to have a sex change operation for example. 12-16 years ago, this wasn't even a thing to think about as I voted for Obama twice. But now tho, things aren't the same. And it isn't like I am talking about about something from 50 years ago, this is very recent history on how quick the 'progressive woke left' has influenced society which I for one disagree with as an independent.

My point is, this election will be decided by moderates out there, and I believe have been ignored on issues because it's always about the left vs. the right in the media.

I don't know who wins as both are terrible choices for this country, worst ever imo relative to the times. An Obama kind of candidate would wipe the floor with Trump. A moderate GOP cndidate would wipe the floor with Biden. So yeah I don't know, but I do think it's up the middle moderate Americans out there that will decide.

(Since 2000 I voted for Bush, Bush, Obama, Obama, blank 2016, Biden, and now 2024 probably blank again)

It is interesting that you voted for Obama twice and have made the points that you made here.

Biden was thought of as a moderate with Foreign Policy experience when chosen as Obama's Vice President and he had 

the trust of many Moderates in 2020.

Has Biden's last 4 years seemed moderate to moderates ?  maybe so or possibly not.

Trump has a record (one term as President) that his supporters seem to defend to the hilt.

Biden has a record (one term as President) that his supporters seem to defend to the hilt.

Which of the two (Biden or Trump) will be seen as too far (left or right) for Moderates to tolerate -or- which one term Record will they prefer ?
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2024, 08:31 AM)hollodero Wrote: I would be happy if this whole "the media tells you things and you are too dumb to think for yourself"-argument would finally be laid to rest. It is not a fair thing to assume about me. My assessment of Trump does not depend on CNN or MSNBC, I'm not even American. I just listen to the man himself and his rhetorics just seem ill-suited to unite a country.

It can't be, really. 

Notice how many of Trump followers repeatedly take his word, and the RWM commentors', over the evidence of their own eyes and documentary evidence.
They are most suspicious of news sources with the best record for accurate news, least suspicious of those with the worst.

You must be as surprised as I am that Trump supporters come forward saying "retribution" is not Trump's style. And it's not just that
he speaks of little else. This is one area in which they DO NOT take the Dear Leader's word, or better said, they do take his word that he only means
a successful country is his idea of retribution, like there is not a vindictive bone in the guy's body.

Not only did he lead chants of "lock her up" in 2016, as no president in history ever has, but he did his best to prosecute Hilary Clinton in 2017. 
Only the "deep state" of WH and FBI lawyers prevented that. Now he pretends he DIDN'T want to go after her, and his followers swallow the revision
of history.

Then when Lt.Col Vindman correctly flagged him for leveraging US foreign policy to create a sham investigation into Biden, he fired both Vindman and, for good measure, his brother, who was not at all involved in the FIRST impeachment. Trump won't shy from vindictive COLLECTIVE retribution either.

Then there is the very vindictive humiliation of people, including his own hand picked DOJs, for following the law instead of obeying his orders. Think of how Comey, Sessions and Tillerson were fired. 

You are the last person whose Trump memory needs refreshing, and you've already reviewed his threats to the press, so I'll just leave you with one of the scariest Trump factoids of all which gives us some idea of what he is capable. Between 1961 and 202, only 3 federal prisoners had been executed. Trump's last six months in office he rushed the execution of 13 federal prisoners, apparently to help his election chances. https://www.propublica.org/article/inside-trump-and-barrs-last-minute-killing-spree.  
Something to consider when speaks of "traitors" like Gen. Milley, who deserve the death penalty for disobeying him. 
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2024, 09:25 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Only 1 POTUS attempted to put the other in jail. Biden did and does what uninformed liberals say Trump MAY DO.

I never knew that Biden funded a legal team to jail Trump, as a plaintiff.

The fantasy is real. Rolleyes

It's amazing the same trough of idiocy the right feeds from: whether in the US or here in Canada, I hear the same things coming out of people's in the right's mouths.

And BTW, had Tyler not died, I can pretty much guarantee he would've, if not gone to prison, definitely stood trial and all that.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2024, 08:31 AM)hollodero Wrote: I would be happy if this whole "the media tells you things and you are too dumb to think for yourself"-argument would finally be laid to rest. It is not a fair thing to assume about me. My assessment of Trump does not depend on CNN or MSNBC, I'm not even American. I just listen to the man himself and his rhetorics just seem ill-suited to unite a country.

Trump Stans are all "you don't know him like I do".  Hilarious

As if Trump gave a shit about anyone not named Trump.
Reply/Quote

Honestly, neither has Biden, with the immigration crisis, one could say he's done more to keep us divided than Trump has. 
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2024, 09:55 AM)hollodero Wrote: So all the lock her up chants were what, a collective psychosis of the left hearing something that was never said?

Here's some more things he did not say: 
"So, go to the reporter & ask him/her who it was. If not given the answer, put whoever in jail until the answer is given. You might add the editor and publisher to the list."
"And they say ‘We’re not gonna tell you.’ They say ‘That’s OK, you’re going to jail.’ And when this person realizes he’s going to be the bride of another prisoner very shortly, he will say ‘I’d very much like to tell you exactly who that leaker is!"
“You tell the reporter who is it … and if the reporter doesn’t want to tell you it’s ‘bye bye.’ The reporter goes to jail. When the reporter learns he’s going to be married to a certain prisoner that’s extremely strong, tough, and mean, he will say, ‘you know, I think I’m going to give you the information.'"

As for liberals, he openly said “it’s very possible that it’s gonna have to happen to them” regarding jail time. Oh, and he also said "Crooked Hillary Clinton’s top aid, Huma Abedin, has been accused of disregarding basic security protocols. She put Classified Passwords into the hands of foreign agents. Remember sailors pictures on submarine? Jail!"
"Rep. Adam Schiff illegally made up a FAKE & terrible statement, pretended it to be mine as the most important part of my call to the Ukrainian President, and read it aloud to Congress and the American people. It bore NO relationship to what I said on the call. Arrest for Treason?"
"My Campaign for President was conclusively spied on. Nothing like this has ever happened in American Politics. A really bad situation. TREASON means long jail sentences, and this was TREASON!"
"Unless Bill Barr indicts these people for crimes, the greatest political crime in the history of our country, then we’re going to get little satisfaction unless I win and we’ll just have to go, because I won’t forget it. But these people should be indicted, this was the greatest political crime in the history of our country and that includes Obama and it includes Biden."

- He also wondered why a plethora of folks are not in jail, that include Brennan, Mueller, Comey, McCabe, Strzok, Page and many others, asking "Now that Russia collusion is a proven lie, when do the trials for treason begin?"

And you claim you see "no mention" of jailtime by Trump? How selective is your listening?

It's all part of his new campaign slogan, Make America Justice Again!
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2024, 01:46 PM)Dill Wrote: It can't be, really. 

Notice how many of Trump followers repeatedly take his word, and the RWM commentors', over the evidence of their own eyes and documentary evidence.
They are most suspicious of news sources with the best record for accurate news, least suspicious of those with the worst.

You must be as surprised as I am that Trump supporters come forward saying "retribution" is not Trump's style. And it's not just that
he speaks of little else. This is one area in which they DO NOT take the Dear Leader's word, or better said, they do take his word that he only means
a successful country is his idea of retribution, like there is not a vindictive bone in the guy's body.

Not only did he lead chants of "lock her up" in 2016, as no president in history ever has, but he did his best to prosecute Hilary Clinton in 2017. 
Only the "deep state" of WH and FBI lawyers prevented that. Now he pretends he DIDN'T want to go after her, and his followers swallow the revision
of history.

Then when Lt.Col Vindman correctly flagged him for leveraging US foreign policy to create a sham investigation into Biden, he fired both Vindman and, for good measure, his brother, who was not at all involved in the FIRST impeachment. Trump won't shy from vindictive COLLECTIVE retribution either.

Then there is the very vindictive humiliation of people, including his own hand picked DOJs, for following the law instead of obeying his orders. Think of how Comey, Sessions and Tillerson were fired. 

You are the last person whose Trump memory needs refreshing, and you've already reviewed his threats to the press, so I'll just leave you with one of the scariest Trump factoids of all which gives us some idea of what he is capable. Between 1961 and 202, only 3 federal prisoners had been executed. Trump's last six months in office he rushed the execution of 13 federal prisoners, apparently to help his election chances. https://www.propublica.org/article/inside-trump-and-barrs-last-minute-killing-spree.  
Something to consider when speaks of "traitors" like Gen. Milley, who deserve the death penalty for disobeying him. 

Do you think it's because the Leftist Media constantly takes what Trump says out of context? and molds it into what they want everyone to believe he said? Yes i know Trump does say some stupid things but even so, they Eff it up and apparently he ends up saying things he didn't say. Like... All Immigrants are rapists, murderers etc.

Once that starts, it's not going to end and simple things like this are exactly why i have a hard time trusting leftist biased media, IDC how many Pulitzers they have won. Once you start slinging these things around, you lose your cred. Just like with Fox, I don't trust them either. 
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2024, 10:56 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Honestly, neither has Biden, with the immigration crisis, one could say he's done more to keep us divided than Trump has. 

Well, sure, I understand why one would see it that way. He said quite some rather divisive stuff over the last years as well. Overall though, I think he is one of the more moderate and affable people the Dems could have run. It's one thing I really believe, that if it were up to Joe he would try to work with congress, find compromises, be an old school president looking for broad support. He just can not do that if all republican congressmembers have to check back with Trump and do as he pleases.

I know we will not agree on this, but there was an immigration compromise that would at least have made things better, even if just slightly, and it was republicans that slapped the plan away. Therefore I can not quite solely blame Biden for everything. He tried to find some solution at least. That executive orders would be an alternative, well maybe, I honestly know too little about it. Seems to me though that not that long ago, executive orders were seen as an awful, quasi-dictatorial move and it were mainly republicans who said so after Obama resorted to this method, facing a deliberatly uncooperative Congress. At times I have a hard time understanding what republicans actually expect.
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2024, 01:52 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Do you think it's because the Leftist Media constantly takes what Trump says out of context? and molds it into what they want everyone to believe he said? Yes i know Trump does say some stupid things but even so, they Eff it up and apparently he ends up saying things he didn't say. Like... All Immigrants are rapists, murderers etc.

Once that starts, it's not going to end and simple things like this are exactly why i have a hard time trusting leftist biased media, IDC how many Pulitzers they have won. Once you start slinging these things around, you lose your cred. Just like with Fox, I don't trust them either. 

If the media did not do it, how would the left know which direction to run, and what they were offended by?

Similarly, when FOX has a headline, the are some on the right who follow their headlines in a similar manner.

The difference is the left give their folk decoder rings.

Ninja
Reply/Quote