0 0%
Trade for a QB
2.63%
1 2.63%
Total 38 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will be holding the clipboard next season?
It's time for a QB controversy. I'm not so much interested in who will be behind center but who will be QB2 start of next season?

Contenders

Ryan Finlay - they traded up for him, do they keep him on the roster as back-up despite what they've seen? If not as back-up do they keep him as a no.3?

Jake Dolegala - they've wasted a roster spot on him all year for what will be nothing if they release him. But would they really go with 2 QBs who have never taken a snap in the NFL? Dalton's struggles have probably hurt his chances more than anyone.

Andy Dalton - they'll have a new shiny toy but do they keep him as a veteran influence despite the $17m cap? Is it that far fetched that they keep him as a mentor/insurance policy to Burrow with the intention of trading him mid-season to a QB needy team?

Veteran FA pick-up - will they just want an experienced back-up cheaper than Dalton?

Joe Burrow - redshirt the no.1 overall like Marv did with Carson?

Other draft pick - maybe they'll double down on QB in the draft if someone falls

Trade for a QB?
Reply/Quote
Get with the times grandpa, they don’t use clipboards anymore. It’s who will be holding the iPad...lol

I’d say a FA. Dalton is way too expensive, and Finley is terrible.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 09:12 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Get with the times grandpa, they don’t use clipboards anymore. It’s who will be holding the iPad...lol

I’d say a FA. Dalton is way too expensive, and Finley is terrible.

Ha, fair point.

Do you think they'll keep Finley as a third QB on the roster? It's not a good look cutting a 4th rounder you traded up for after a season.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 09:45 AM)TJHoushmandzadehs Shiny Shoes Wrote: Ha, fair point.

Do you think they'll keep Finley as a third QB on the roster? It's not a good look cutting a 4th rounder you traded up for after a season.

I hope not. He doesn’t have an NFL arm. Terrible pick. Cut your loses and move on.

Reply/Quote
I say they get some QB as a college free agent to stand there to ensure the overall first pick in the 2021 draft as well.. Dolly would work just fine as well.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Quote:Cut your loses and move on.
Need I remind you this is a Mike Brown product we sometimes watch on autumn Sundays? "Cut your losses" is not in his vocabulary..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 09:45 AM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Ha, fair point.

looks better than putting that 4th rounder on the field again if we have to.

Fitzpatrick Magic till Burrow declared ready.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 10:08 AM)grampahol Wrote: Need I remind you this is a Mike Brown product we sometimes watch on autumn Sundays? "Cut your losses" is not in his vocabulary..

They literally just cut Preston Brown mid-season...

Reply/Quote
Well...IF the rumors are true and we could get a 2nd Round pick for Dalton, we'd be silly not to trade him and his salary for that.

But, Finley is not capable of being a backup...so we'd need to sign one.

Who will that guy be? I don't know. Maybe Colt McCoy, AJ McCarron, Gabbert, Glennon, etc.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 02:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well...IF the rumors are true and we could get a 2nd Round pick for Dalton, we'd be silly not to trade him and his salary for that.

But, Finley is not capable of being a backup...so we'd need to sign one.

Who will that guy be? I don't know. Maybe Colt McCoy, AJ McCarron, Gabbert, Glennon, etc.

Colt with Jay Gruden as OC
Reply/Quote
Bring back AJ McCarron as backup quarterback and bring back and Jay Gruden or Hue Jackson as offensive coordinator.
Reply/Quote
Dalton will be traded, Finley will be either traded or cut.

I'll say Dolegala
Reply/Quote
Just play Burrow on day 1. The guy is a 1st overall pick and we apparently have a QB guru as our HC. As for his backup, well Finley looked pretty awful so I think we are out of luck.

Who are scrapheap QBs that ZT had in prior spots? Matt Moore? Some bum from the Rams?
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 07:45 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Dalton will be traded, Finley will be either traded or cut.

I'll say Dolegala

What would be the return for Ryan Finley? Couple new Gatorade coolers?

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 09:51 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I hope not. He doesn’t have an NFL arm. Terrible pick. Cut your loses and move on.

Unfortunately, this poll is about what will happen, not what is the best choice. We know they won't make the best choice! haha
Reply/Quote
This is a good post. I think Finley is gone but maybe I am being too harsh. The reason I say this is because Finley struggled during the OTA and camp. He didn't really show much promise during the regular season games. Maybe they give him a shot to back up but I would not be surprised if Body-by-Jake takes over and the Bengals sign a UCFA.

So my answer is Dolegalala..
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I was going to say Finley but he wasnt an option so I picked a guy named Finlay.
Reply/Quote
I predict that after they shake up the offensive coaching staff, Dolegala has an amazing offseason and training camp, and pushes Finley down the road. Dolegala wins the backup role, as Burrow hits the ground running. They'll likely pick up some failed starter from the street to be the emergency QB.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 09:07 AM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: It's time for a QB controversy. I'm not so much interested in who will be behind center but who will be QB2 start of next season?

Contenders

Ryan Finlay - they traded up for him, do they keep him on the roster as back-up despite what they've seen? If not as back-up do they keep him as a no.3?

Jake Dolegala - they've wasted a roster spot on him all year for what will be nothing if they release him. But would they really go with 2 QBs who have never taken a snap in the NFL? Dalton's struggles have probably hurt his chances more than anyone.

Andy Dalton - they'll have a new shiny toy but do they keep him as a veteran influence despite the $17m cap? Is it that far fetched that they keep him as a mentor/insurance policy to Burrow with the intention of trading him mid-season to a QB needy team?

Veteran FA pick-up - will they just want an experienced back-up cheaper than Dalton?

Joe Burrow - redshirt the no.1 overall like Marv did with Carson?

Other draft pick - maybe they'll double down on QB in the draft if someone falls

Trade for a QB?

Flip a coin, throw the dice and consult a seer. You'll do a better job at deciding than the front office committee will do.

Can't really keep Dalton around with the cap space and the dire need for another pick after this last dismal draft.

Of course, the Bengals will have a plan worked out by the front office committee as they sit around the table and convince themselves as to how smart they are. They'll like tell each other that getting Jonah and Sample back will be like having a second 1st and 2nd round picks, so they really have no need for another decent pick.

Really, that's the mentality of those toads.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 09:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What would be the return for Ryan Finley? Couple new Gatorade coolers?

A VCR ?
Reply/Quote