0 0%
Trade for a QB
2.63%
1 2.63%
Total 38 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will be holding the clipboard next season?
(12-16-2019, 02:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well...IF the rumors are true and we could get a 2nd Round pick for Dalton, we'd be silly not to trade him and his salary for that.

But, Finley is not capable of being a backup...so we'd need to sign one.

Who will that guy be? I don't know. Maybe Colt McCoy, AJ McCarron, Gabbert, Glennon, etc.

We're not getting a second for Dalton 3rd Comp at best probably 4th Rd.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 09:26 PM)scorp1974 Wrote: I was going to say Finley but he wasnt an option so I picked a guy named Finlay.

He has a sister named Frito
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Smart move? Having a veteran behind the rookie, ala Kitna/Palmer.

Bengals move? Retain Finley, because we used a 4th round pick on him.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 10:16 PM)J24 Wrote: We're not getting a second for Dalton 3rd Comp at best probably 4th Rd.

As usual I think you’re wrong lol

Dalton will fetch a 2nd. Book it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
What should they do?

Release Dalton
Release Finley
If the staff thinks Dolegala is capable install him as backup
Burrow starts day one,Dalton money used to resign Green and what's left goes to finding a Guard
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 01:56 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: As usual I think you’re wrong lol

Dalton will fetch a 2nd. Book it.

I hope your right
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 09:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What would be the return for Ryan Finley? Couple new Gatorade coolers?

Best case scenario is probably find another team who wants to swap busts and hope the change of scenery works.

(12-16-2019, 09:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I predict that after they shake up the offensive coaching staff, Dolegala has an amazing offseason and training camp, and pushes Finley down the road. Dolegala wins the backup role, as Burrow hits the ground running. They'll likely pick up some failed starter from the street to be the emergency QB.

They'd need that failed starter though as it would be pretty ballsy to go into a new season without a QB who has taken a NFL snap and even a failed starter is going to cost several millions.

That 4th round on Finley is looking more and more like a terrible call. Not just as the player flopped but because the only way it positionally made any sense was if they were sure Dalton was going to be their guy and they wouldn't be looking to draft a rookie in 2020 or 2021. That means they've essentially wrongly assessed two QBs. Given QBs are their specialty that is particularly concerning.

In fact if Dolegala is released that will then be three QBs they've had a bad read on. Remember the Bengals lost Davantae Harris because there wasn't enough room to stash him on the 53 whilst carrying Dolegala as the third QB. Again stashing Dolegala on the 53 only really made sense if Dalton was going to be extended. He should have been on the PS.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 11:46 AM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Best case scenario is probably find another team who wants to swap busts and hope the change of scenery works.

They'd need that failed starter though as it would be pretty ballsy to go into a new season without a QB who has taken a NFL snap and even a failed starter is going to cost several millions.

That 4th round on Finley is looking more and more like a terrible call. Not just as the player flopped but because the only way it positionally made any sense was if they were sure Dalton was going to be their guy and they wouldn't be looking to draft a rookie in 2020 or 2021. That means they've essentially wrongly assessed two QBs. Given QBs are their specialty that is particularly concerning.

In fact if Dolegala is released that will then be three QBs they've had a bad read on. Remember the Bengals lost Davantae Harris because there wasn't enough room to stash him on the 53 whilst carrying Dolegala as the third QB. Again stashing Dolegala on the 53 only really made sense if Dalton was going to be extended. He should have been on the PS.

Harris hasn't been great for Denver. 52.7 PFF grade...but they're playing him a lot.

And with the way our staff destroys DB's careers, he'd probably be much worse here. Look at a guy like Fej. Special teamer this year after being a promising Safety in years past.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 02:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well...IF the rumors are true and we could get a 2nd Round pick for Dalton, we'd be silly not to trade him and his salary for that.

But, Finley is not capable of being a backup...so we'd need to sign one.

Who will that guy be? I don't know. Maybe Colt McCoy, AJ McCarron, Gabbert, Glennon, etc.

He could already be on the roster. I honestly feel he maybe our future Tom Brady if he gets a chance to play. 

I'm also hoping Dalton becomes like Drew Brees where a change of scenario makes him a super star. 
Reply/Quote
Mariota Famous Jameis, Flacco, Keenum.
Reply/Quote