Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will be our next OC and possibly DC
Guys, the games over. And so is Hue jacksons time being the bengals OC. (At least, 99% sure).

Who will be our next OC? Who are the new hot candidate for an offensive coordinator job?

We have a LOADED offense. Every position you name, especially skill positions, we are stacked. We should have no problem getting the best OC on the market.

What are some names of the guys we possibly bring in?

Will pauly G be gone soon as well? If so, i think we promote Vance Joseph to DC asap. But say pauly G does leave, and Vance does not become our DC, who will we bring in for interviews?

Will we have a setback year due to an OC and DC change??
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:27 AM)Gohards Wrote: Guys, the games over. And so is Hue jacksons time being the bengals OC. (At least, 99% sure).

Who will be our next OC? Who are the new hot candidate for an offensive coordinator job?

We have a LOADED offense. Every position you name, especially skill positions, we are stacked. We should have no problem getting the best OC on the market.

What are some names of the guys we possibly bring in?

Will pauly G be gone soon as well? If so, i think we promote Vance Joseph to DC asap. But say pauly G does leave, and Vance does not become our DC, who will we bring in for interviews?

Will we have a setback year due to an OC and DC change??

Does one and done in the wildcard round count as a setback? That's what I expect.
Reply/Quote
Smart money is on Bob Bratkowski.

At which point I would be ***** done.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I read that Joseph is going to Miami to be the new DC under Gase.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:39 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I read that Joseph is going to Miami to be the new DC under Gase.

Does that leave the old secondary coach open for a job?

Kevin Coyle..

I bet we bring back Kevin Coyle Whatever
Reply/Quote
Maybe Hue doubles down and stays for another year. Maybe he feels obliged to stick with those who've stuck with him. Maybe he doubles down because he doesn't want to work for just any team. I'm not so sold that he's gone for sure tbh.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:44 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Maybe Hue doubles down and stays for another year. Maybe he feels obliged to stick with those who've stuck with him. Maybe he doubles down because he doesn't want to work for just any team. I'm not so sold that he's gone for sure tbh.

I don't think he's that good of an OC. Gets way too cute for the weapons he has. For the talent this team has I think both coordinators are mediocre.
Reply/Quote
Hue will get a HC gig somewhere. Andy Dalton's 2015 progression has to be pinned to Hue.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:48 AM)TexasorBusted Wrote: Hue will get a HC gig somewhere. Andy Dalton's 2015 progression has to be pinned to Hue.

Andy Daltons 2015 progressive is pinned to Andy Dalton. So is his 2014 regression pinned to Hue as well? I bet you wouldnt say that.

I just want some type of coach that will finally say "what are we doing running gio in between the tackles?"
Reply/Quote
Gonna throw Jim Schwartz out there. Pals with the Marvinator.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:52 AM)Gohards Wrote: Andy Daltons 2015 progressive is pinned to Andy Dalton. So is his 2014 regression pinned to Hue as well? I bet you wouldnt say that.

I just want some type of coach that will finally say "what are we doing running gio in between the tackles?"

That's a fair statement. 2014 season had some major injuries to Dalton's weapons. Especially a gimpy Green and no Eifert and no Marvin Jones for the whole season. I actually thought Dalton looked better in the second half of 2014. The numbers just don't bare that out due to throwing to Burkhead, Tate, Sanu, Little, gimpy Green and Gresham.

Look at Matt Ryan in 2015. Has he regressed? I would argue that Ryan has Julio and Freeman and that's it. Ryan has looked bad and thrown a lot of INTs. But his supporting cast isn't stellar.
Reply/Quote
Jim Schwartz - OC
Mike Smith - DC
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:29 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Smart money is on Bob Bratkowski.

At which point I would be ***** done.

If that really happened after this gut punch, they would end the franchise.  Nobody would watch.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Honestly, it's dependent one what happens the next few days.

If Marvin leaves, Hue takes over as HC.

If Guenther leaves, Joseph takes over as DC.

But, no one knows what's going to happen. But this team will be vastly different next year in many senses.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Doesn't matter as long as Mike Brown draws a breath.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:24 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Honestly, it's dependent one what happens the next few days.

If Marvin leaves, Hue takes over as HC.

If Guenther leaves, Joseph takes over as DC.

But, no one knows what's going to happen. But this team will be vastly different next year in many senses.

I think Joseph has a lot of options.  I'm not sure Guenther will get any offers since he's the DC and two players on the defense looked out of control at the end.  That was the perception the network was selling anyway.  The only slim chance of Marvin leaving that we have is if they really want to keep Hue and make him HC.  It seems like a long shot to me.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:32 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I think Joseph has a lot of options.  I'm not sure Guenther will get any offers since he's the DC and two players on the defense looked out of control at the end.  That was the perception the network was selling anyway.  The only slim chance of Marvin leaving that we have is if they really want to keep Hue and make him HC.  It seems like a long shot to me.

I saw a report on Twitter that Joseph was being offered DC jobs and liked it here, but obviously a pay raise and better opportunities wins.

Marvin is a toss up. Because this is 7 straight losses and people might realize that us fans are sick of this.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:36 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I saw a report on Twitter that Joseph was being offered DC jobs and liked it here, but obviously a pay raise and better opportunities wins.

Marvin is a toss up. Because this is 7 straight losses and people might realize that us fans are sick of this.

We are the hard core fans.  I expect a major loss of the casual Bengal fans after this.  I don't think they will come close to selling any games out next year if they keep Marvin.  It's all over the internet how we screwed up.  It's even on Yahoo calling us the you know whats.
Reply/Quote
Hugh is not that good and does anyone remember the stupid two point conversion her tried tonight. All that stupid trickery from the 2 yard line. If he just was more serious about that play this game could have gone into OT.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:38 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: We are the hard core fans.  I expect a major loss of the casual Bengal fans after this.  I don't think they will come close to selling any games out next year if they keep Marvin.  It's all over the internet how we screwed up.  It's even on Yahoo calling us the you know whats.

I'm ok with that.... Hopefully we lost some negative fans as well.
Reply/Quote