Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will be our next OC and possibly DC
(01-10-2016, 05:38 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: We are the hard core fans.  I expect a major loss of the casual Bengal fans after this.  I don't think they will come close to selling any games out next year if they keep Marvin.  It's all over the internet how we screwed up.  It's even on Yahoo calling us the you know whats.

We'll still sell tickets. We're good in the regular season, and the season gets us pumped for the post season. It's just how it is sadly.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:27 AM)Gohards Wrote: Guys, the games over. And so is Hue jacksons time being the bengals OC. (At least, 99% sure).

Who will be our next OC? Who are the new hot candidate for an offensive coordinator job?

We have a LOADED offense. Every position you name, especially skill positions, we are stacked. We should have no problem getting the best OC on the market.

What are some names of the guys we possibly bring in?

Will pauly G be gone soon as well? If so, i think we promote Vance Joseph to DC asap. But say pauly G does leave, and Vance does not become our DC, who will we bring in for interviews?

Will we have a setback year due to an OC and DC change??

I don't think Guenther is going to get any offers.  The players do whatever they want under Guenther.'s leadership  I don't remember them acting this way under Zimmer.  Burfict went to the pro bowl when Zimmer was here.  

This game might have ruined job prospects for Jackson too.  The offense did not look good.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:54 AM)samhain Wrote: Gonna throw Jim Schwartz out there.  Pals with the Marvinator.

Would take his as DC in a heartbeat.

I have no clue who would be a good OC if Hue leaves.  I still want Hue, with a raise and a promotion to "Asst. Head Coach".  You can't say "Head coach in waiting" any more clearly.
Reply/Quote
I don't care until Marv Lewis is gone.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 11:57 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I don't think Guenther is going to get any offers.  The players do whatever they want under Guenther.'s leadership  I don't remember them acting this way under Zimmer.  Burfict went to the pro bowl when Zimmer was here.  

This game might have ruined job prospects for Jackson too.  The offense did not look good.

True, but can't both of those strikes be excused as "Well, they are coordinators for Marvin Lewis, so meh...it can't be all on them!"
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 11:57 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I don't think Guenther is going to get any offers.  The players do whatever they want under Guenther.'s leadership  I don't remember them acting this way under Zimmer.  Burfict went to the pro bowl when Zimmer was here.  

Jackson got offers.

But there is still one constant in all of our playoff losses that needs to go.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Will it really matter who the OC and DC are if Marvin is still coach? Nah...
Reply/Quote
Frankly, after last night I'll be surprised if any of our coaches get jobs elsewhere.....
Reply/Quote

Guenthers defense outplayed any Zimmer defense in the playoffs. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:19 AM)Lawless_1 Wrote: Jim Schwartz - OC
Mike Smith - DC

I would not mind that one bit. But with those 2, dont expect to keep them long. They will succeed with our talent, and then eventually go on to another HC position, take Hue for example.

Hue is gone guys. Him and SF are a "done deal".

http://m.espn1530.com/onair/james-rapien-56340/breaking-hue-jackson-to-san-francisco-14260380/
Reply/Quote
I expect to wake up tomorrow morning to the news that Bob Bratkowski is our new OC. Or Paul Alexander.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 3f6c934791d2ef8c65f83819d802a233.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:38 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Would take his as DC in a heartbeat.

I have no clue who would be a good OC if Hue leaves.  I still want Hue, with a raise and a promotion to "Asst. Head Coach".  You can't say "Head coach in waiting" any more clearly.

Bite your tongue.  Paul Alexander has had that title for years..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:38 PM)SHRacerX Wrote:   I still want Hue, with a raise and a promotion to "Asst. Head Coach".  You can't say "Head coach in waiting" any more clearly.

Paul Alexander has been an "Assistant Head Coach" for over a decade.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:26 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Frankly, after last night I'll be surprised if any of our coaches get jobs elsewhere.....

Both of our coordinators got head coaching jobs after we got blown out as a 7 point favorite in the playoffs.

I seriously doubt that losing by 2 points on a last second FG when we were underdogs will hurt Hue ot Paulies chances.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 01:18 PM)bengals73 Wrote: Will it really matter who the OC and DC are if Marvin is still coach? Nah...

Becasue we did not imnprove on defense at all when Zimmer showed up, right?
Reply/Quote
I and several others have mentioned Schwartz at various points. Now with Burke leaving marvin Called Schwartz the last time to be the LB's coach. This would be a case of Schwartz being in position to take over a top group since it's only a matter of time before Pauly is hired away.

Schwartz didn't take the job because it would have interfered with his money. And recommended Burke for marvin.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 11:57 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I don't think Guenther is going to get any offers.  The players do whatever they want under Guenther.'s leadership  I don't remember them acting this way under Zimmer.  

But I remember them looking a lot worse in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 11:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But I remember them looking a lot worse in the playoffs.

Guenther > Zimmer as far as playoff defenses. Last night they were pretty good all things considered.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 11:10 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Guenther > Zimmer as far as playoff defenses.   Last night they were pretty good all things considered.

Guenther's defense in 2014 was pretty dreadful. Couldn't do anything. They did MUCH better this year.

Guenther's second playoff game: Gave up 18 points.
Zimmer's second playoff game: Gave up 19 points.

Yet both defenses struggled against the run. Steelers ran for 167 yards that game. Texans ran for 158.

The difference?

The Texans had the ball for 38:48 against the Bengals.
The Bengals actually controlled the clock more than the Steelers with 29:23.

That's almost 3 quarters of play. 10 more minutes than this past weekend.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote