Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will it take?
Assuming LAP is right and the rumors are true about Ross, who will it take for us to pass on Ross if he is there at 9 (not named Myles Garrett).

My guess is OJ Howard or Solomon Thomas.
Reply/Quote
QB's are our friends if we can get two QB's inside the top 8 we could have some really nice options, which could facilitate a trade back for us.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 10:26 AM)Au165 Wrote: QB's are our friends if we can get two QB's inside the top 8 we could have some really nice options, which could facilitate a trade back for us.

Trade back would be great, gotta have a partner first. I think a few teams may bite at #9 if Mahomes and or Trubisky are there still.
Reply/Quote
I think it'd have to be Garrett or LF or Adams for us to pass on Ross at this point.

I still think a dark horse candidate for us at 9 is McCaffery.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Seems like they are into Ross a lot.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/4/27/15435850/speedy-receiver-john-ross-near-lock-bengals
Reply/Quote
Whilst it would be great to finally have genuine speed just a bit worried whether he's really a no.9 pick.

He's not been identified as the best WR even amongst most draft reviews i've seen.

Also he's had injuries and is just coming off surgery. If the logic is that we reach a bit to get a guy who can make a contribution right away (in limited snaps)...and then he's not available for some of the season kinda defeats the object and the BPA mantra i thought we were following.

is he going to be a Ted Ginn mk2 is i guess what i'm worried about ??? (slighter build speedster, who was a bit of a reach, and went #9 too)
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 12:55 PM)sonofstat Wrote: Whilst it would be great to finally have genuine speed just a bit worried whether he's really a no.9 pick.

He's not been identified as the best WR even amongst most draft reviews i've seen.

Also he's had injuries and is just coming off surgery.  If the logic is that we reach a bit to get a guy who can make a contribution right away (in limited snaps)...and then he's not available for some of the season kinda defeats the object and the BPA mantra i thought we were following.

is he going to be a Ted Ginn mk2 is i guess what i'm worried about ???  (slighter build speedster, who was a bit of a reach, and went #9 too)

1. Ross doesn't have hands of stone like Ginn.
2. He's a more complete WR than Ginn, plus he's faster believe it or not. 

From what I've seen, Ross has been moving up on mock drafts and is now right there with Mike Williams for top WR in the draft...according to experts who are often wrong about everything.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I would take Thomas or Allen but expect both to be gone. I get the feeling we are passing on Barnett
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 01:19 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I would take Thomas or Allen but expect both to be gone.  I get the feeling we are passing on Barnett

My thoughts exactly. The pass rushers that can also stop the run.
Reply/Quote
Please, no WR at #9....If we must go offense, give me Howard or Fournette, or even McCaffrey over Ross.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 10:23 AM)Takedown Wrote: Assuming LAP is right and the rumors are true about Ross, who will it take for us to pass on Ross if he is there at 9 (not named Myles Garrett).

My guess is OJ Howard or Solomon Thomas.

Jonthan Allen DT from Bama...  We don't need a DT but he instantly makes the DL better... and helps billings ease in(off injury) a little more

Or Thomas...

Is the Consensus that Foster is a mid to late 1st not and top 15 pick.

If our guys our gone I could see us moving back a few spots and getting more trade bait (picks) for trading day 2
Reply/Quote
Fournette, Allen and Thomas. Unfortunately I think they will still take Ross even if OJ, McCaffrey, Barnett and maybe even Hooker are still there.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 04:16 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Fournette, Allen and Thomas. Unfortunately I think they will still take Ross even if OJ, McCaffrey, Barnett and maybe even Hooker are still there.

I would consider Ross over OJ, McCaffrey, and Barnett. However, I could see them taking Hooker. If they feel like he's another Ed Reed, then you add that to your defense.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 04:19 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I would consider Ross over OJ, McCaffrey, and Barnett. However, I could see them taking Hooker. If they feel like he's another Ed Reed, then you add that to your defense.

Oh yeah! Give me Ed Reed 2.0, and I'm happy.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 04:28 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Oh yeah! Give me Ed Reed 2.0, and I'm happy.

After what Marvin saw Reed do to us for 10+ years, I have a hard time believing he'd pass that up.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 11:38 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I think it'd have to be Garrett or LF or Adams for us to pass on Ross at this point.

I still think a dark horse candidate for us at 9 is McCaffery.

Fournette. IF he fell...we'd take him.
Reply/Quote
I'm not going to lie, if we passed on Hooker I'd be pretty sour. He's without a doubt my #1 pick. I want Ross, but Jesus Malik in Ravens uniform or a Browns would kill me...

My top 3 have to Be Hooker, Reddick and Ross. I'd be content with any of those guys.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 04:19 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I would consider Ross over OJ, McCaffrey, and Barnett. However, I could see them taking Hooker. If they feel like he's another Ed Reed, then you add that to your defense.

I could absolutely get on board with this.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Typical.

We have MAJOR issues on the OL, our RBs are either coming off of major injuries or are busts, we have DL issues to boot so of course we look at a speed receiver....
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 06:40 PM)Joelist Wrote: Typical.

We have MAJOR issues on the OL, our RBs are either coming off of major injuries or are busts, we have DL issues to boot so of course we look at a speed receiver....

You are aware that we have 11 picks right?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote